Final Exodus: Dark Reality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aruna

2 posters

Page 10 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

Aruna - Page 10 Empty Aruna

Post by Quantum Rain Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:24 pm

First topic message reminder :

The peaceful world of Aruna, a massive grassland world, peaceful, calm, harmonious... Until now. A shadow looms over the White Tower, the shadow of Death. Exitium's forces have already begun appearing here and there, a prelude to the counterattack he will launch against Aeon's transgressions into his territory. Already, outlying villages are overrun, and one of them in particular shall serve as the staging ground for the attack on Aeon's fortress.

"We are in position for the slaughter." A dark elf reported to the demon known as Araman. He waved the elf away, looking down at the city below. Exitium's forces waited for his signal, he knew this, and the unsuspecting townsfolk held no chance against superior numbers and power. Though today seemed to be off... different... or he may have been perceiving the ease of this invasion incorrectly. It doesn't matter, he thought, the fires of war will scar this world regardless. He sent out a fire bomb onto the town below, the signal for the attack to begin. The first wave launched, followed close by the second, and already he could hear the panic ensuing...

The first signs of trouble immediately showed up at the door to the room Wynn rented. People panicking, far off sounds of fiery explosions, and screams of death and the likes... they all turned the morning into a red dawn for the approaching horde of Exitium forces, which already moved to surround the city.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 2209
Registration date : 2008-12-18

https://gathering.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Aruna - Page 10 Empty Re: Aruna

Post by Wynn Mon May 28, 2012 1:17 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:Orion was the epitome of dead weight in this case, as he didn't respond at all. As well, Wynn's hand met a near cold-snap like chill from Orion's skin. Upon further inspection, it would show that his skin was abnormally pale and his body entirely limp, and equally as cold to the touch. His heart was still beating, however, and that could be visibly seen.

"He's in a sort of stasis. Probably a bodily instinct when its damaged to such a point. Sort of like a coma." Matt explained the odd state to Wynn. "Give it some time and I'll be able to drag him out of it, without having him pass out on us." He noticed that Wynn didn't even attempt to look him in the eyes at all yet, but said nothing, leaving it as a discussion for a later time.

Wynn would turn and walk back toward Matt, but would stop, turn as she drew her bow, then shoot an arrow through his arm and into the tree. She was definitely pissed. She put her bow back in the spot where it hanged off her quiver and sat back down. As she did, she winced and leaned forward, but didn't make a sound. Whether she realized it or not, she had broken a few ribs when she hit the tree earlier.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Female Number of posts : 1114
Registration date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Mon May 28, 2012 1:22 pm

"... You're hurt." He said, half sliding and half crawling towards Wynn. "Where?" He inquired, looking at her calmly and yet notably concerned. "Wynn?"
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Mon May 28, 2012 1:26 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:"... You're hurt." He said, half sliding and half crawling towards Wynn. "Where?" He inquired, looking at her calmly and yet notably concerned. "Wynn?"

"I'll be fine..." She strained. She was obviously in more pain than she let on. "...just... just worry about healing yourself for now. You're more hurt than I am." She looked back at the man and glared at him. Whatever she was thinking, they were not friendly thoughts.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Mon May 28, 2012 1:35 pm

"Wynn, I already have to the best that I can. You're hurt now, and are more important. Where does it hurt?" He asked more sternly, obviously used to this sort of stubbornness from Wynn.

Rain looked over the hill, at the massive, white-stoned fortress ahead of them. It was spectacular, with the sun rising right behind it, but this was no time to waste on scenic viewing. He sliced down the first undead that tried to take him, as he, and a select few others were guarding the rear of the line, attempting to hold off the horde.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Mon May 28, 2012 1:40 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:"Wynn, I already have to the best that I can. You're hurt now, and are more important. Where does it hurt?" He asked more sternly, obviously used to this sort of stubbornness from Wynn.

Rain looked over the hill, at the massive, white-stoned fortress ahead of them. It was spectacular, with the sun rising right behind it, but this was no time to waste on scenic viewing. He sliced down the first undead that tried to take him, as he, and a select few others were guarding the rear of the line, attempting to hold off the horde.

Wynn sat there for a moment then leaned back against a tree. "My side..." She said plainly. She moved her left hand from the lower ribs on her right side. She was struggling to breath normally, the broken ribs were poking into her lungs.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Mon May 28, 2012 1:46 pm

"Thank you." He said, as his hand started glowing with that signature white and his hand hovered over Wynn's right ribcage. It took started to glow as, slowly, the pain was relieved. It took a great deal of time and delicate concentration on Matt's part, time that was spent waiting for Orion to recover enough as well. When he was finally finished with Wynn's injury, he turned to look at Orion. Part of his skin pigmentation returned, a good sign that he was healing some. "... Alright, I can wake him up safely, I think."

He said, now limping towards Orion, his leg having healed some more in his absence of using it to stand on. "Are you sure you restrained him well enough?" Matt asked.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Mon May 28, 2012 1:49 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:"Thank you." He said, as his hand started glowing with that signature white and his hand hovered over Wynn's right ribcage. It took started to glow as, slowly, the pain was relieved. It took a great deal of time and delicate concentration on Matt's part, time that was spent waiting for Orion to recover enough as well. When he was finally finished with Wynn's injury, he turned to look at Orion. Part of his skin pigmentation returned, a good sign that he was healing some. "... Alright, I can wake him up safely, I think."

He said, now limping towards Orion, his leg having healed some more in his absence of using it to stand on. "Are you sure you restrained him well enough?" Matt asked.

Wynn would stand up, still feeling some residual pain. She drew another throwing knife and sank it into his calf, severing multiple muscles. "If he flies, he's going to regret it because of how much pain it'll cause him." Wynn stated matter-of-factually. "Now he cant physically stand either." She stood back, and waited for him to return to consciousness.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Mon May 28, 2012 1:52 pm

"Sorry I asked..." Matt commented, as he waved his hand over Orion's head. The white light moved from his hand straight into Orion, and faded for a second. Then it glowed brightly, like an aura, as Orion slowly woke up... woke up to extreme pain, an inability to move, and the feeling that he was about to be brutally interrogated. "Where am..." He looked up to see Wynn and Matt. "Oh... that's right... well damn." He said, halfway emotionless and halfway groggy and sore.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Mon May 28, 2012 1:53 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:"Sorry I asked..." Matt commented, as he waved his hand over Orion's head. The white light moved from his hand straight into Orion, and faded for a second. Then it glowed brightly, like an aura, as Orion slowly woke up... woke up to extreme pain, an inability to move, and the feeling that he was about to be brutally interrogated. "Where am..." He looked up to see Wynn and Matt. "Oh... that's right... well damn." He said, halfway emotionless and halfway groggy and sore.

"Who sent you." She began bluntly. She said it as more of a command than a question. She stood there with her arms crossed, and glared at him with the look of someone prepared to kill him.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Mon May 28, 2012 1:56 pm

"... Can't we just skip to the part where you kill me?..." Orion said, almost pleadingly. Matt glanced at Wynn, nodding his head ever so slightly his disapprovement of that idea, for the moment at least.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Mon May 28, 2012 1:58 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:"... Can't we just skip to the part where you kill me?..." Orion said, almost pleadingly. Matt glanced at Wynn, nodding his head ever so slightly his disapprovement of that idea, for the moment at least.

Wynn didn't break her gaze at the man and strode over to him and ejected her hidden blade. She brought her hand back a moment and went to stab him in the neck. If Matt didn't stop her, Orion would be dead in a moment.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Mon May 28, 2012 2:02 pm

A small, light barrier kept the blade at bay for a second, long enough to give Wynn the message that Matt wanted to convey, without giving it all away. All done with a simple swipe of his hand. Matt turned back to Orion, a plain, somewhat cold facade taking over for the moment. "Who sent you?" He repeated the earlier question. Orion looked up at him, then at Wynn, and sighed. "I guess I'll have to earn my right to die... kind of pathetic..." Matt used a barrier to move the knife ever so slightly enough to send a shockwave of pain through Orion. While in the back of his mind, he detested this, it was necessary. "... ow." Orion spoke plainly in response. "... Fine, if you must know, no one sent me. No one even knows that I am alive. Happy now?"
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Mon May 28, 2012 2:06 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:A small, light barrier kept the blade at bay for a second, long enough to give Wynn the message that Matt wanted to convey, without giving it all away. All done with a simple swipe of his hand. Matt turned back to Orion, a plain, somewhat cold facade taking over for the moment. "Who sent you?" He repeated the earlier question. Orion looked up at him, then at Wynn, and sighed. "I guess I'll have to earn my right to die... kind of pathetic..." Matt used a barrier to move the knife ever so slightly enough to send a shockwave of pain through Orion. While in the back of his mind, he detested this, it was necessary. "... ow." Orion spoke plainly in response. "... Fine, if you must know, no one sent me. No one even knows that I am alive. Happy now?"

"Far from it." Wynn replied harshly. "Next question. Why the hell are you following us?" She drew her short swords and put them together into the staff and stabbed one of the bladed ends in the ground and crossed her arms again.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Mon May 28, 2012 2:10 pm

"... Why can't death be simple?..." He paused for a moment to think to himself, gathering his voice again. "You two are different." He answered vaguely. This is highly unpleasant...
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Mon May 28, 2012 2:13 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:"... Why can't death be simple?..." He paused for a moment to think to himself, gathering his voice again. "You two are different." He answered vaguely. This is highly unpleasant...

She stood silently for a moment, then picked up the staff and stabbed him in the stomach, wedged it upwards then ripped it out of him before stabbing it back into the ground. "If death were simple, I wouldn't have to exist." She replied. "I'll ask you again. Why. Are. You. Following. Us."

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Mon May 28, 2012 2:16 pm

Orion grunted in pain, the first genuine sign of pain since the interrogation started. "... I can't tell you... what I don't understand myself." He replied with a solid attempt at remaining calm. Matt studied Orion with scrutiny and skepticism of his words, however, as if studying a lab rat with a curious disorder.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Mon May 28, 2012 2:26 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:Orion grunted in pain, the first genuine sign of pain since the interrogation started. "... I can't tell you... what I don't understand myself." He replied with a solid attempt at remaining calm. Matt studied Orion with scrutiny and skepticism of his words, however, as if studying a lab rat with a curious disorder.

"Funny," Wynn replied coldly. She knelt down over him, grabbed the front of his armor with her left hand and pulled him toward her. Her face was practically touching his and she was now using her right hand to put her hidden blade to his throat. A drop of blood would actually run down the surface of the blade. "Because the potential for you to give us an explanation is the only thing keeping me from tearing your head off."

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Mon May 28, 2012 2:37 pm

"Fine, let's blame instinct. Either way, I can't give you a clear answer." Orion replied calmly again, regaining his composure rather quickly. There aren't many assassin's among Aeon's forces, but this is one of them. I'm sure of it now. Matt thought towards Wynn. They usually serve as aides to generals I believe... and if that's so, he may know a way off this planet. If not, then he's entirely useless to us.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Mon May 28, 2012 2:42 pm

Wynn would force the blade into his jaw, piercing through into his mouth then let him fall backwards. After a moment, she delivered an axe kick to the top of his head. "You're an idiot." She grumbled. She would pick up the staff and stab him through the chest and keep pressing it into him as hard as she could. "Then who are you working for!? Who is your leader!?" She shouted, she was losing her patience at this point.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Mon May 28, 2012 2:45 pm

"..." He moved his jaw, as if snapping it back into place, and the wound healed, allowing him to speak clearly again. "My leader is a General named Reasolles, serving the god Aeon. Didn't you already know that?" Wynn. Matt thought towards Wynn again, trying to get through the impatience and rage. We may need him. Don't overdo it.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Mon May 28, 2012 2:48 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:"..." He moved his jaw, as if snapping it back into place, and the wound healed, allowing him to speak clearly again. "My leader is a General named Reasolles, serving the god Aeon. Didn't you already know that?" Wynn. Matt thought towards Wynn again, trying to get through the impatience and rage. We may need him. Don't overdo it.

"I just got into this world a couple weeks ago. Six times." Wynn scolded. "SIX times one of your petty battles have put me in harms way." She did not stop putting force on the staff, but would not inflict any new wounds. "At this point, you're just wasting our time."

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Mon May 28, 2012 2:51 pm

"... I'm sorry you expect me to be a god." Orion replied, still calm as ever, despite having a blade through his chest. Though now one would notice that he was straining to breathe somewhat. Matt sighed inwardly. I hope you know what you're doing. He thought towards Wynn, now just settling to watch the conversation.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Mon May 28, 2012 3:00 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:"... I'm sorry you expect me to be a god." Orion replied, still calm as ever, despite having a blade through his chest. Though now one would notice that he was straining to breathe somewhat. Matt sighed inwardly. I hope you know what you're doing. He thought towards Wynn, now just settling to watch the conversation.

"If I thought you were a god, why would i bother chasing you?" Wynn shot back. "Why would I even think for a moment that i could catch you?" She would pause for a moment. "never mind. Last question, this is the important one." She began to push the staff to the side slightly to inflict some pain. "Why are you so interested in my brother?" Normally, she would not say their relation, but she wanted to make it clear just how severe the offense was to him.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Mon May 28, 2012 3:09 pm

"Brother? Oh joy..." Orion thought to himself for a moment, taking in that information. "Your brother displays the power of some of the finest silver mages, but outlasts their endurance, if I have to explain it. I find that rather curious, but if you think I'm that interested, then I must say that it is strictly curiosity." Orion replied, still calm, and seeming sincere so far. "Have I answered your questions satisfactory now?"
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Mon May 28, 2012 3:11 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:"Brother? Oh joy..." Orion thought to himself for a moment, taking in that information. "Your brother displays the power of some of the finest blue mages, but outlasts their endurance, if I have to explain it. I find that rather curious, but if you think I'm that interested, then I must say that it is idle curiosity." Orion replied, still calm, and seeming sincere so far. "Have I answered your questions satisfactory now?"

"My brother isn't a subject to be studied..." She said in a low tone. It would be obvious to both of them she was about to finish the job.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next