Final Exodus: Dark Reality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Profile Structure

2 posters

Go down

Profile Structure Empty Profile Structure

Post by Quantum Rain Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:15 am

Picture (optional)

Name:
Chosen God: (Do note that you can actually go lone-wolf if you want.)

(Any other information is optional, but encouraged)

Weapons: (Limit for beginners: 3)
(Include descriptions for the vaguely named weapons.)

• Weapon 1
    (Description)
  • Weapon 2
  • Weapon 3

Abilities: (Limit for beginners: 2)

• Ability 1
    (Description)
  • Ability 2
    (Description)

Special Ability:
(Description)
(This ability is the copyrighted ability of your character and is totally optional. If you choose not to have one, you may have a third normal ability. The Special is the power that is evolved or enhanced as your character progresses, and cannot be wholly duplicated. Furthermore, you may have multiple special abilities as your character progresses in his/her story.)

Biography:
(About, roughly a paragraph at least, more if you're really passionate about character making. Essays are discouraged... stick to the main points of what your character's personality is, special characteristics, how they got here, and what, if any, back story they have in Avalon, not their original world.)

As you can tell, I'm going to really value flavor in characters, or at least a decent description. You are free to create whatever character you want, and currently, no limitation to the number of applications. One topic per character, by the way.

As a rule though, don't make them super-powered or invincible. I'll be doing an example application here to show you how it should look like.

Profile Structure Kael10

Name: Kael Catac
Homeworld: Ultra Vires Prime, Wars Universe
Chosen God: Aeon

Weapons:

• Masamune

Abilities:

• Stella Vires:
    Summons a mini-solar flare upon an enemy or group of enemies, designed to devastate targets.
  • Chosen Knight:
    Puts Kael into a berserk state, he will come at you mindlessly, but his attacks are even more deadly for it.

Biography:
The son of a warrior knight, Kael has known of nothing else but battle. Though he doesn’t always kill his targets, he is not without the ability or mind set to do so. Having trained under many teachers, Kael is a master with the katana, and his skills with combat spells are somewhat proportionally as strong as well. Kael is easily annoyed, and usually people leave him alone in the bar because his clothing, death stare, and short temper drive people away, but there are just some people that don’t get the hint…

Summoned by Aeon for his history on his world, Kael is quite possibly one of the best from his world, having learned much on his travels, he takes with him experience and elite training, Kael is deadly, though not without his own weaknesses. Aeon has summoned him for his warrior instincts and his knightly honor. Though that doesn't change the fact he can be somewhat homicidal when he's mad.

Think you got it now, guys?
If so, get to typing, if not, feel free to ask questions.

Here's the code:
Code:
Picture (optional)
[hr]
Name:
Chosen God: (Do note that you can actually go lone-wolf if you want.)

(Any other information is optional, but encouraged)
[hr]
[u]Weapons:[/u]
(Include descriptions for the vaguely named weapons.)
[list]
[*]Weapon 1
(Description)
[*]Weapon 2
[*]Weapon 3
[/list]
[hr]
[u]Abilities:[/u]
[list]
[*]Ability 1
(Description)
[*]Ability 2
(Description)
[/list]
[u]Special Ability:[/u]
(Description)
[hr]
Biography:
[hr]

Notice: We require you to follow the ability and weapon limits as they are seen. Do not list an ability that is typically common place amongst characters. IE: Parkour abilities, high jump, able to breath underwater. List ONLY the MOST significant abilities of the character. (Special magic attacks, sword styles, passive abilities, etc.) Do NOT waste our time in judging your character for acceptance if you know you do not have it finalized as you see here. If you have questions, feel free to ask.

Last edited by Quantum Rain on Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 2209
Registration date : 2008-12-18

https://gathering.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Profile Structure Empty Re: Profile Structure

Post by agentaaa Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:07 am

Hmmm, is he just an example, or an actual character?
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 3631
Location : lol, nice try, police people, you ain't getting it from me so easily
Registration date : 2009-01-13

http://Agentaaa.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:31 am

That was just an example using my story which I hope to create some time, called the Vires Chronicles.

Ironically, Kael was originally in league with a different god called Vires, so yeah.

I'm contemplating on possibly making him an actual character some time.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:52 am

Alright, one other thing...

Make all current character applications have a red title color.
We'll edit it green alongside a post if it is accepted.
This will help us admins clean up the characters section more easily and not accidentally throwing your profiles away because of the lack of identification.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:04 am

Notice:

I have witnessed some people having a few spacing issues, as well as keeping some unnecessary tags on your bio, and furthermore, not following the format as closely as was asked. THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED!

Good examples of format following and proper spacing:

Wynn (Despite excessive additional information, it is acceptable and follows the format even when adding to it.)

Araman (One of my characters, the format is followed to the letter.)

If your profiles are not like these, accepted or not, then I suggest you DO SO NOW! I am not a grammar nazi, but I expect effort in following the format given, and for any UNNECESSARY tags, which some keep when copying and pasting the format code in the first post, to be removed if it is not being used. CLEAN UP YOUR PROFILES!

Some important codes include:

• Displaying images on your profiles.
    Code:
    [img][/img]
    DO NOT USE THE URL CODE FOR A CHARACTER'S MAIN PICTURE!
    The forum automatically re-sizes any excessively sized pictures.

• Hotlinking/URL code
    Code:
    [url= -address-]Word that links to address.[/url]
    Good for when linking to pictures that describe clothing, pictures, or the likes. DO NOT USE THIS FOR THE CHARACTER'S PRIMARY PICTURE!

• Listing code: (To avoid the messy format of using characters like: "1), *, >, -, =, ^, #, +, VII," and so forth. The characters mentioned above are to be used SPARINGLY. They are not illegal, I just like the list code for the simplicity and the look to it.
    Code:

[list]
    [*]Place bulletted item.
    (Description)

[*]Place bulleted item.
    (Description)

[*]Place bulleted item.
    (Description)

[/list]

• When adding descriptions to weapons, abilities, etc, use the list code and then type the description off of the bullet. (In between bullets.) And then space between the description and the next item.

• As for spacing, please use proper spacing. Single/double space between various abilities, and weapons, as well as between biography sections.

Following the above requirements, not entirely perfectly, will allow for even quicker viewing and grading by me and Agent (Who also needs to follow the format.) It will also give your profile a more appealing look, and to allow easy presentation of the primary points of interest. (Abilities, weapons, special skills, etc.) Which is what we, the graders, look at when deciding on the acceptability of profiles.

If your profiles are not corrected within the next two weeks, it will be subject to being unapproved, moved, or outright deleted, depending on how bad it looks.

And before you ask, yes, you may call me a Format Nazi, but I don't care, simply because "DAMMIT JIM, YOU SHOULD GET THIS RIGHT BY NOW!!1!!!11!"
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:17 am

Another Note:

I do not expect PERFECTION, I want to see a reasonable effort to make your profile look similar to the format given, not some custom format.

Also, long-winded explanations on abilities and weapons are acceptable, seeing as we all know it may be difficult to explain. At least attempt to stick to the point if it is particularly long... SAME FOR BIOGRAPHIES AS WELL! (Especially you, Dominion!)
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down