Final Exodus: Dark Reality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter Two

+6
Comrade Greiv
Fore Admiral Disayle
Roach
Sir Noret
Wynn
Quantum Rain
10 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Chapter Two - Page 2 Empty Chapter Two

Post by Quantum Rain Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

As the forum auto-splits topics every 50 pages, the next topics will be named further chapters accordingly. This is chapter two, guys, KEEP IT UP!

Post.
POST.
POST!

Reeds just kept on whistling as guards and crew cleared out of his path. Eventually, he stopped at a door, the label addressing it as 'Science Lab 2A.' He smiled as he opened the door and Lae saw that the science lab was not small by any means. It was massive, in fact, taking up at least five rooms and two floors entirely on its own. It also seemed to host a massive range of equipment, some of which were entirely foreign to him. With all of the technology, equipment, and stores here, one could only wonder what Reeds' intention was with this lab.

He rolled the cart up next to two others and then proceeded to rummage around for a datapad. "Sit down, my fine lab rat." He said friendly still as he finally found his desired object, turning it own and turning toward Lae, a mischievous grin on his face.

Last edited by Quantum Rain on Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:26 am; edited 3 times in total
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 2209
Registration date : 2008-12-18

https://gathering.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Chapter Two - Page 2 Empty Re: Chapter Two

Post by Wynn Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:55 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:Reeds was far too engrossed into his work when the rest of his team finally entered the room. They didn't even stop when they saw Reeds' focus and his work taking up half the room to himself. It seemed that it was common place as they set up their respective stations and began their daily research. Some with weapons, others with archeology, and even others with basic technologies such as nanites or energy manipulation devices. Nothing dangerous, not yet anyway.

It took hours for Reeds to finally be satisfied with the results from the various weapons he constructed. They weren't the best pieces of art he has made, but he knew they would do for the kid, and regardless, Serien would be disappointed in him if he gave that kid the best weapons he could muster. It simply would not do to have technology take place of skill. He reviewed the various weapons again and again, thinking back to why he chose them and what they did. A short sword, as the kid asked for, though at first glance normal looking, the metal was self-repairing Nicronium alloy. Thin and light, but sharp and strong, with an extra feature for phase energy. Not the best weapon, but decent enough he supposed.

Then he came to the next feature, a re-curving short bow. At first, unassuming of course, save for the fact that it could fold into a quarter of its size with ease, and could be reshaped, even more easily than that, into a longbow for added range. With the additional option of normal arrows or energy bolts, the bow had quite a range of uses despite not being as fast as a machine gun, he knew the kid would enjoy such a weapon still.

And then he came to the light armor, complete with two odd, but well fitting gauntlets. This piece, he thought, should be left to the kid to figure out and marvel at. If anything, this armor was the best of the equipment made. He snapped his fingers and pointed at a nearby guard, whom quickly walked up to Reeds. "Sir?" "Go find Lae, tell him his Christmas presents are ready."

Lae would have been going through an extremely intense workout regiment that worked out every muscle he could possibly manage in his body. He spent the whole time doing this, and finally decided to stop when he actually started having difficulty standing. He got up to leave and he was stopped by one of the other soldiers who didnt say a word, but gathered in a semi circle in front of him and between him and the exit.

Lae sighed. "[censored] me..." He swore.
One of the soldiers grinned. "I havent seen you around here, new blood."
Lae just kept a calm, but shot back "And what are you? The Secretary of Recruitment? Dont you have some general's [censored] to kiss to get your next promotion?"
The leader of the group lost the smile and changed to a scowl. "Hold him down." He said, and the other soldiers walked twoards him. Lae grabbed a nearby 25 pound dumb bell and threw it at the leader. It hit him square in the jaw. He then began punching and kicking the others. They hit him back and the fight lasted only a short amount of time.

The person sent to find Lae would come to the wieght room, and see five soldiers walk out with black eyes, bloody and/or broken nose, and the leader whose jaw was completely smashed inward from the dumbbell. When the man would walk into the wieght room, they would see Lae lying on the ground in a bloody heap with a great amount of bruising all over his body.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Female Number of posts : 1114
Registration date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:02 pm

"..." The soldier acted immediately, joined by another special forces agent whom seemed to have been standing on the sidelines. "Wasn't his fault." The agent said simply, leaning down to help Lae up, the soldier doing the same. "Reeds wants to see him, and he needs to see Reeds." The soldier explained as they lifted Lae up, his arms around their necks and hanging off their shoulders as they carried him to his final destination "Well, at least I paid him back for the last two times." The agent said with a sly smirk.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:07 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:"..." The soldier acted immediately, joined by another special forces agent whom seemed to have been standing on the sidelines. "Wasn't his fault." The agent said simply, leaning down to help Lae up, the soldier doing the same. "Reeds wants to see him, and he needs to see Reeds." The soldier explained as they lifted Lae up, his arms around their necks and hanging off their shoulders as they carried him to his final destination "Well, at least I paid him back for the last two times." The agent said with a sly smirk.

Lae's legs were draggin behind him. He seemed to lack the strength to move without help. He looked up, and his vision was entirely blurred. He let his head fall again, and then looked up and saw the agent. "So..." Lae groaned weakly. "this mean..." He coughed up some blood mid sentence. "we're cool then?"

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:11 pm

The man laughed and looked back down at Lae. "Well, now that I'm not the only one scarred from fighting you, kid, I think we're good. Welcome to the Special Forces, Lae." He said, still laughing as he turned back. In a matter of a few minutes they were in Reeds' lab. Reeds, oblivious at first simply greeted Lae with his usual tone of insanity. "Welcome back Lae, I hope you're well rested..." When he turned around he stopped immediately after the last word. "... Lae, I told you to get some food, not bruises and prescription pain killers." He said halfway sarcastic now.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:14 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:The man laughed and looked back down at Lae. "Well, now that I'm not the only one scarred from fighting you, kid, I think we're good. Welcome to the Special Forces, Lae." He said, still laughing as he turned back. In a matter of a few minutes they were in Reeds' lab. Reeds, oblivious at first simply greeted Lae with his usual tone of insanity. "Welcome back Lae, I hope you're well rested..." When he turned around he stopped immediately after the last word. "... Lae, I told you to get some food, not bruises and prescription pain killers." He said halfway sarcastic now.

"Ha!" Lae groaned, one of his eyes had puffed up at this point to the point of being half-closed. "You think i look like [censored]? You should see the other guys' fists and their leader's face." He immediately began to choke on more blood as he finished his sentence. "although," He continued. "I probably feel as much like hell as i look right now..."

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:24 pm

"Only science could tell you that, kid..." He said shaking his head out of somewhat disappointment and annoyance. "I get the feeling you're going to make a habit of this. Oh well, at least that adds tabs to how many experi- I mean dinners you will have to take me out to." He said with a slightly mischevious grin yet again, looking a bit glazed over in the eyes. "Regardless, might as well heal you up..." He rummaged around for another of his odd devices, finally shouting aloud when he found what he called 'a slippery bastard.' He brought the device to Lae and hovered it around his body, the green spray feeling cooling, but nothing else. For several minutes, nothing happened, and then the swelling started to lessen, more and more as his bruises shrunk and gradually turned to the normal skin tone. Soon, the spray stopped and Lae was mostly normal. Several bruises remained, still painful, and he was still exhausted, but he wasn't quite bad off now.

"Now then, feel better?" Reeds asked, the archangel letting go of Lae to let him stand on his own a bit now. The soldier followed suite, only residing back to his post at the door.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:27 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:"Only science could tell you that, kid..." He said shaking his head out of somewhat disappointment and annoyance. "I get the feeling you're going to make a habit of this. Oh well, at least that adds tabs to how many experi- I mean dinners you will have to take me out to." He said with a slightly mischevious grin yet again, looking a bit glazed over in the eyes. "Regardless, might as well heal you up..." He rummaged around for another of his odd devices, finally shouting aloud when he found what he called 'a slippery bastard.' He brought the device to Lae and hovered it around his body, the green spray feeling cooling, but nothing else. For several minutes, nothing happened, and then the swelling started to lessen, more and more as his bruises shrunk and gradually turned to the normal skin tone. Soon, the spray stopped and Lae was mostly normal. Several bruises remained, still painful, and he was still exhausted, but he wasn't quite bad off now.

"Now then, feel better?" Reeds asked, the archangel letting go of Lae to let him stand on his own a bit now. The soldier followed suite, only residing back to his post at the door.

"Somewhat..." He said. He rubbed his head. "And no, I'm not taking you to any dinners. I don't know, but for some reason i find women more attractive than other men." He looked around, and looked at the archangel. "Oh! Um..." He reached down to his side and drew the sword he had been carrying around and held it out with the handle toward the other. "While you're still here, I think this belongs to you."

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:13 am

The archangel looked at the sword confused, until finally it dawned on him. "Oh, that piece of scrap metal. You can keep it, I don't need that piece of junk." He said, showing an entirely new set of similar looking hilts for the energy blade. "Might come in handy for you someday." He said, as he replaced the hilts to their original location. Reeds sighed, tapping his foot. "While I simply adore such touching moments, I need to get back to my lovely anti-matter fusion reactor before it explodes and kills us all, so if you would Lae, take a look at your new arsenal and get suited up."
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:29 am

Quantum Rain wrote:The archangel looked at the sword confused, until finally it dawned on him. "Oh, that piece of scrap metal. You can keep it, I don't need that piece of junk." He said, showing an entirely new set of similar looking hilts for the energy blade. "Might come in handy for you someday." He said, as he replaced the hilts to their original location. Reeds sighed, tapping his foot. "While I simply adore such touching moments, I need to get back to my lovely anti-matter fusion reactor before it explodes and kills us all, so if you would Lae, take a look at your new arsenal and get suited up."

Lae turned and walked over to everything that was sitting there. He first put on a gauntlet and felt a "ring" was actually in the lining of the gauntlet. He flipped his wrist and a hidden blade shot out from under the arm. He flipped his wrist again, and it retracted on its own, as opposed to him doing it manually. He grinned. He also saw the other gauntlet had one, too. "You made two of them, did you?" He looked at the other one for a more brief moment, then looked at the short sword. He flipped it around once then back again and sat it down. "I feel like a kid in a candy shop, Reeds." Lae remarked. He then set his hands on the bow. He pulled it back, and felt it had a high draw weight. "Im going to have to spend plenty of time in the gym..." he mumbled.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:41 am

"Two because of your ambidextrous nature. You're quite quick to switch from one hand to the other." Reeds explained, watching Lae scan through his new arsenal. I was right, he thought, this kid does enjoy the simpler stuff... "The simulation room can explain the features and train you until your comfortable. Feel free to use it, or any holodecks on the ship." He hands Lae a datapad. "And this will explain all of the features with the holodecks. Now then, I must go tend to my darling Suzen." He said, apparently talking about the anti-matter reactors he mentioned earlier.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:53 am

Quantum Rain wrote:"Two because of your ambidextrous nature. You're quite quick to switch from one hand to the other." Reeds explained, watching Lae scan through his new arsenal. I was right, he thought, this kid does enjoy the simpler stuff... "The simulation room can explain the features and train you until your comfortable. Feel free to use it, or any holodecks on the ship." He hands Lae a datapad. "And this will explain all of the features with the holodecks. Now then, I must go tend to my darling Suzen." He said, apparently talking about the anti-matter reactors he mentioned earlier.

Lae just stood there. "I dont know what's creepier... the fact he said 'DEAR Suzen'... or the fact he has a relationship with his experiments..." He turns and grabs the equipment and heads into a back room. He put on the armor and all the equipment and came back out. He looked at the gauntlets, and felt the weight from the metal plates on the top side of them compared to all the other pieces of armor. "Im guessing he made the armor thicker for parrying..." He then went and found the archangel again. "hey, do you by chance know where i can get some arrows?" At first, the Archangel probably wouldnt recognize him with the hood up, but the voice would give it away.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:23 pm

"He didn't give you a nanolathe pack? It should be attached to your armor. There, see that bag? Press the button on the top of it." He said, pointing to a well camouflaged box-like, but quite small object. "And hold out your hand immediately afterwords."
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:44 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:"He didn't give you a nanolathe pack? It should be attached to your armor. There, see that bag? Press the button on the top of it." He said, pointing to a well camouflaged box-like, but quite small object. "And hold out your hand immediately afterwords."

Lae raised an eyebrow, wondering what he was talking about, but did so any way.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:46 pm

The box clicked in response, as low as a silent whisper as a quiver filled with light metal tipped arrows appeared in his hands. "Those things use tons of energy from their battery packs, so recharge every now and then to make sure you still have ammo to use." The archangel explained, somewhat surprised that Lae didn't know what a nanolathe pack was.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:47 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:The box clicked in response, as low as a silent whisper as a quiver filled with light metal tipped arrows appeared in his hands. "Those things use tons of energy from their battery packs, so recharge every now and then to make sure you still have ammo to use." The archangel explained, somewhat surprised that Lae didn't know what a nanolathe pack was.

Lae strapped the quiver around himself. He nodded and said, "thanks." He thought for a moment. "How long, do you think before i get a job?"

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:52 pm

"That depends on your employer. Now that I think on it, Dominae is usually assigned the most missions in the Special forces, next to Regnum." The archangel said, thinking before answering. "Let me guess, you want to spar a bit before your next job?" He said, catching on to Lae's expressions better than others usually would.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:55 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:"That depends on your employer. Now that I think on it, Dominae is usually assigned the most missions in the Special forces, next to Regnum." The archangel said, thinking before answering. "Let me guess, you want to spar a bit before your next job?" He said, catching on to Lae's expressions better than others usually would.

Lae didnt say anything, he simply let a faint grin creep on his face.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:25 pm

"Alright. I'll show you how the Special Forces fight in battle." The archangel said confidently, returning the sly grin as he led Lae to a holodeck. It was several hours later that Lae would finally be called in to Rain's office for his next mission. As was expected, this one was simple, but required Lae's skills. Likely a test by Rain or Serien, possibly, but it did not matter.

The first month passed by with ever growing tensions. The economy was the first to suffer, as trade started to worsen between factions. Piracy soon became non-existant though, due to the growing amount of patrol ships along the borders and trade routes, and the increasing regulations. At first the 'war', if it could be called such, was fought within the council chambers, a gathering of the faction leaders to try and settle their differences. It often ending in even more hatred and tensions though...

Then the second month came, with light skirmishes appearing on the borders between patrols. Trade suffered more and more as, in the light of the Anima Prime incident, demon appearances have been increasing. All of it all pointed to the signs of total war evolving. Soon, the council chambers grew silent, grew cold and empty. As the third month came to, such is still the case. It seems no one wants to call war just yet, but tensions are still rising, the skirmishes are getting worse every day, and the factions all seemed fully mobilized for war at any moment. It was a bad situation, and it was getting worse.

*Three months later*
A faint comm transmission can be heard, it was Rain's voice, calm this time it seemed. "Do not let the target escape. We want him alive, but if that isn't possible, eliminate the good commander. Try to avoid witnesses as well... We're uploading his possible locations now, and a photo..." The comm said, Rain sighing and then mumbling about how this is the fifth commander in the span of a few days.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:15 am

Quantum Rain wrote:"Alright. I'll show you how the Special Forces fight in battle." The archangel said confidently, returning the sly grin as he led Lae to a holodeck. It was several hours later that Lae would finally be called in to Rain's office for his next mission. As was expected, this one was simple, but required Lae's skills. Likely a test by Rain or Serien, possibly, but it did not matter.

The first month passed by with ever growing tensions. The economy was the first to suffer, as trade started to worsen between factions. Piracy soon became non-existant though, due to the growing amount of patrol ships along the borders and trade routes, and the increasing regulations. At first the 'war', if it could be called such, was fought within the council chambers, a gathering of the faction leaders to try and settle their differences. It often ending in even more hatred and tensions though...

Then the second month came, with light skirmishes appearing on the borders between patrols. Trade suffered more and more as, in the light of the Anima Prime incident, demon appearances have been increasing. All of it all pointed to the signs of total war evolving. Soon, the council chambers grew silent, grew cold and empty. As the third month came to, such is still the case. It seems no one wants to call war just yet, but tensions are still rising, the skirmishes are getting worse every day, and the factions all seemed fully mobilized for war at any moment. It was a bad situation, and it was getting worse.

*Three months later*
A faint comm transmission can be heard, it was Rain's voice, calm this time it seemed. "Do not let the target escape. We want him alive, but if that isn't possible, eliminate the good commander. Try to avoid witnesses as well... We're uploading his possible locations now, and a photo..." The comm said, Rain sighing and then mumbling about how this is the fifth commander in the span of a few days.

Lae crouched, looking around at the streets below from atop a tower. He didnt see the target in the area, yet, but knew he was nearby. He put his hand up to his ear. "There wont be any witnesses. If they look even remotely like they may squeak, Ill take them down, too." He replied calmly. He thought to himself It'd be ideal if i could just pick him off with my bow from up here... but i dont think it's going to play out that way today...

He jumped off the side of the tower and grabbed a cable part way down, and swung himself to the rooftop of another building. He began sprinting twoards a gap between buildings and jumped across. After a little more free running, he reached the first possible location and began scanning the people below.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Noret Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:00 pm

(In the name of the Holy Emperor, I have returned! Rain, Roach if you gentlemen would be inclined to continue our sl, please quote your last posts, or if you would prefer I'll just start from about where I thought we were.)

\\Sachwan Orbit/Liberator\\

Admiral Rori was trying to enjoy one of the simple pleasures in his life, sitting in his personal quarters on-board of the temporary flagship of the Imperial 18th Fleet, the Liberator, and starring out at the stars. It was quite the view, far better then one could get on any planet with an atmosphere, but his home was still quite out of view to his bare eye. For the first time in awhile, he actually felt homesick. For the vast majority of his life he had been millions, sometimes even billions, of light years from it and only rarely had he missed it. Despite this, the Admiral felt that just about anything would be better then the poltiking he had to do now. Less then two decades after its consummation, the personal union was already falling apart. That fool of Vizer, Valaras, had managed to upset not only his own people but the few colonists as well. The Governor-Prince and the Supreme Commander were trying to smooth things over, but Rori doubted they would have much success for long. Such an unlikely union could have only barely worked under the best of conditions, but with Valaras mucking it up as head of the common government, it was bound to fail, and fail hard. It was pity, Admiral Rori had grown fond of their partners, especially the Supreme Commander. That was a man who knew duty, which was actually a bit unfortunate now, since that meant he would almost certainly side with his own people in the inevitable war.

(I mostly intend for this to be just me, but if you'd like to interact, you may)
Sir Noret
Sir Noret

Male Number of posts : 189

Back to top Go down

Post by Roach Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:09 pm

Roach wrote:---Coruscant---

"Ive had just about enough of this planet but i suppose it wouldn't hurt to check some of the local vendors." Slavik said scratching his head.

(Do believe we were about to go and hunt down some one to decode the Black sun data or something.)
Roach
Roach
Officer
Officer

Male Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2011-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:02 pm

(You wanted me to poast, Disayle? WELL HERE'S YOUR PARCEL!)
(Oh, and I'll find a quote for your last sl eventually Q...)

--Hiigara--

In one sudden fell swoop, the Primitus appear, literally WITHIN the Hiigaran fleet, firing immediately, but the Ultor is nowhere to be seen. The drones from the further off carriers launch at the currently occupied Hiigarans, as Primitus cruisers and capitals are slicing their way around the Hiigarans, actually using their full arsenal and no drone production to impede them.

The attack groups were organized in two cruisers and one capital each, taking on hiigaran ships one at a time and slicing them down with far superior firepower, while drone support from the carriers shielded them and swarmed counterpart strikecraft.

--World of New Song--

The Primitus armada then suddenly moved. It wasn't noticeable at first, they didn't have engines on nor did they seem to disappear, but suddenly, they were closer. Then, suddenly, the armada was upon the allied fleet, apparently understanding their plans now. The reinforced, but battered Primitus fleet disengaged from the Alliance fleets, as the armada, minus two capitals and the Ultor, engaged in three separate groups. One carrier group, supporting the other two with swarms of consistently modified and adapted drones, of which there were bomber, fighter, and interceptor by their designs and firepowers.

The second group, the largest of the three, engaged Roach's forces directly, capitals in the back, cruisers in the front, as they employed a basic strategy. Breaking into two further groups, the two wedges sliced into Roach's forces as they were turned towards the battered Primitus fleet, and sliced away, one target at a time, with all power to weapons and shields.

The third group merely stayed in one spherical formation, the cruisers outside spinning around the capitals within, sort of like an orbital. The outside cruisers largely focused on beam weapons and a strong compound shield, while the capitals inside focused entirely on missile swarms and torpedoes, that now began to track and move of their own accord.

Meanwhile, the Ultor and its support ships seemed to have moved closer to the planet itself, but were still sitting there.

--Aves--

The capital ship unleashed on the Spirit first, with a swarm of missiles at first, followed by those odd torpedoes, and then beam weapons, slicing at the bridge and any outer weapon hardpoints. Meanwhile, drones began uncloaking from all around the planet and swarmed towards the Spirit, another trap set up by the Primitus no doubt. The ship's shields also seemed very formidable, soaking up the damage from the Spirit with relative, and not to mention annoying, ease.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Roach Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:50 pm

The free peoples fleet reacted instantly The Litany Of Defiance and Pyotr The Great stood at the front of the Primitus their mighty shields overlapping and taking a majority of the oncoming fire. though they free peoples fleet took several losses the Primtus did as well as several of there smaller vessels disappeared behind walls of energy and torpedo fire The free peoples battle dragons witch had been help in reserve entered the fray like great machine guns they opened fire their rate of fire was blistering as they hurled unprecedented volumes of fire at their targets in a ceaseless fashion.
Another thing would be noticed along the side of several of the larger free peoples war ships shielded gun ports appeared and out of the sat the barrels of tank guns they open fire with pinpoint strikes destroying primtus drones and adding extra point defense potential and increasing the effectiveness of broad side strikes.

Roach's Fleet Formed a W shaped formation encircling the Two Primtus wedge's and pelting them from all sides once again.
Roach
Roach
Officer
Officer

Male Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2011-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Fore Admiral Disayle Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:16 pm

(Roachy, you were supposed to wait...oh well.)

--Hiigara--

After the Primitus ships appear, the Hiigarans engage and appear to be fighting badly until the drones reach them. Then, Karan uses the slaved FTL drives to pull the entire Hiigaran fleet in a simultaneous massive microjump away from the from the rampaging armada of destroyers. As the Hiigaran vessels reappear above the planetary shield with the defense platforms behind them, cloaked fusion mines detonate in the midst of the ancient marauders. Directly afterward, over a hundred thousand missiles launch from Hiigara itself towards the main body of the Primitus fleet, in a cloud so thick it blots out the planet's star. At the same time, both ships and platforms fire tens of thousands of torpedoes to supplement the missile attack. As the ordinance launches, the Hiigarans attack the Primitus ships from long range with their ion-beam cannons, straining their shields. Karan summons the power of Sajuuk again, opening a series of small FTL windows through which every missile and torpedo passes. Seconds later, hundreds of thousands of new windows open up, surrounding every capital ship in the Primitus armada, and letting the ordinance back through to slam against their shields (leaving only just enough space for the ordinance to clear the portals and impact). Karan then harnesses Sajuuk's power one last time, jumping her people's vessels back into the fight so that they surround the ravagers but stay on the move, hammering them from all sides. Nearly ten thousand Hiigaran strikecraft swarm forth to attack both Primitus drones and ships alike.*

*Sajuuk itself hangs back, firing its main cannon at a weakened Primitus capital ship to completely annihilate it. The ancient Progenitor flagship contributes drones of its own and conventional firepower to aid the Hiigarans in their fight. But Karan is keeping watch for something else.*

Karan: Give me a reason, you bastard...I will [censored] you up. *She charges the warship's weapon again, selecting her next target.*

--Aves--

*The Spirit's bridge quakes and the entire ship groans as it takes the pounding.*

Ackbar: Return fire and launch the gunships to ward off those drones! Aves Defense, get any remaining turrets and gunships up here, firing on our target, and hurry!!

Engineering Officer: Sir! Our shields will be gone in another 20 seconds! And we can't overload the reactors again--they'll melt down!

Ackbar: Divert any non-essential power left to the shields! Prepare to fight to the end!

*Several dozen gunships zip up from the planet to attack the drones and keep them away from the Spirit. Energy bolts streak up as well to impact against the capital ship's shields, and the warship itself attacks the capital ship with everything it has left. For the next minute, the battle rages sickeningly as the two deadly enemies tear at each other, and it quickly turns against the Spirit. The avian flagship manages to retain its full shields for 35 seconds by diverting non-essential power, and then it has to collapse shield sections over all areas except the bridge and its most powerful weapons. The ship's armor, already scarred and scorched by its previous battles, holds precariously against the capital ship's onslaught. It launches all its remaining torpedoes--including its last salvo of Nova ordinance, engulfing the capital ship in another large explosion--and then it is down to simple whaling on each other. Then, as the last remnants of the Spirit's shields give way and shots from the capital ship begin impacting against the bridge armor and its weapons...something extraordinary happens.*

*The phenomenon in Aves's sun from before has grown and grown, until suddenly the built-up energy explodes into a solar flare that smashes into the capital ship from behind. The monstrously powerful surge of energy literally "saws" straight through the ancient destroyer's shields and rapidly begins carving into its stern.*

Ackbar (awestruck): Son of a [censored]...

--World of New Song--

Soban: What the--[censored]!!

Tokhta: Zo'Qu'aan Soban, my tribesmen can bypass the disturbance in space--we can get help!

Soban: Alright, Tokhta, bring in those goddamn reinforcements--NOW!!

Tokhta: Come, my tribesmen! We need your aid now!!

*Second later, thousands of new ships--some monoliths, others like the cruisers from before--appear at the edge of the battle and throw themselves into the fray. Leading the Morrigi reinforcements is an enormous conical vessel that approaches even the Ultor in size. Tens of thousands of Morrigi drones launch from their motherships and attack the Primitus drones, while the various allies step up their point-defense fire to assist in clearing out the drone swarms.*

*The Morrigi arrivals promptly split their forces to adapt to the situation. Several thousand of the tribal vessels, lead by the great leviathan-like ship, surround the carrier group and effectively cut it off from the other group of Primitus vessels. They also destroy all the drones coming from this group and engage in a similar merry-go-round attack on the carrier group, firing away at the marauders with everything they have. Chief among these is the leviathan itself, as it fires a massive bank of what appear to be ultra-powerful lancers at one of the carriers.*

*The second Morrigi group flanks the Primitus ships engaged with Roach's forces from behind, battering them with greater numbers to make up for the lack of the leviathan.*

*Soon after the Morrigi reinforcements arrive, several thousand Turian vessels come in as well, apparently having been able to bypass the disturbance too. The Hierarchy ships join the fight anew as their battered fellows, depleted and heavily damaged from hours upon hours of fighting, limp out of the combat zone and retreat. A transmission comes from the lead vessel, a Constantion-class battleship.*

Septimus: To whoever's friendly out here--this is General Septimus Oraka of the Hierarchy Navy commanding from the battleship Cardroska. We're here to help.

Soban: There's a relief, General. I'm Admiral Ferin Soban Sha of the Hiigaran Daiamid and every ship is needed in this fight! We need your help to surround the [censored], but keep moving--a cyclical ring of death for them, if you will! Ready any strikecraft and point-defense, too; these bastards love their drones! If you could surround the sphere-like group of ships and keep them busy, that would be sooo nice.

Septimus: Understood! What about the final group, closer to the planet?

Soban: We'll handle that one!

*The turian reinforcements do as advised, until they have completely surrounding the spherical group. Meanwhile, Soban and Tokhta's fleet head towards the Ultor and its support ships, firing as they go. The Rachni's beam weapons also divert towards the support ships.*

*All throughout, the unlikely allies take considerable casualties, but do not falter in relentlessly attacking the Primitus.*
Fore Admiral Disayle
Fore Admiral Disayle
Soldier
Soldier

Male Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2011-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Roach Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:18 am

(I forgot the Post order again my bad)
Roach
Roach