Final Exodus: Dark Reality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter One

+8
SGOS
RedDragon924
Sir Noret
Django
darthme
Roach
The Nameless Sith Lord
Quantum Rain
12 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Chapter One - Page 5 Empty Chapter One

Post by Quantum Rain Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:22 pm

First topic message reminder :

Chapter One - Page 5 Logo210-1

----Intro post shall arrive later----

Last edited by Quantum Rain on Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 2209
Registration date : 2008-12-18

https://gathering.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Chapter One - Page 5 Empty Re: Chapter One

Post by Roach Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:16 pm

SGOS wrote:"So i be acting as as wall, and firin yonder as many cannons as possible?, and blocking thee and splitting yee crew to raid them?" Rau says while looking at the here here and here he pointed on the map.

"Aye you've got it. Alright get back to your ships and lets move!"

The captains scrambled back to their own vessels and assumed their positions with most of the Ottoman crews either drunk or asleep the rowers slipped into the harbor unnoticed. all five boats placed their charges lit the fuses and headed for shore to help Rau take the shore guns.

Five load thumps echoed through the night as the powder kegs exploded five Enemy ships were sent to the locker leaving just five more and the fourth rate in the bay.
Roach
Roach
Officer
Officer

Male Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2011-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by SGOS Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:28 pm

Rau repeats his method of ships jumping and orders his crew to do as he was instructed, but with one minor change, all non-firing side deck guns are be readied and to replace the firing side guns when they are done their round of shelling.

"Alright Ladd you know the drill you're gonna get ta 'ave some fun, so do me a favor and keep the ship a-float; otherwise go spill some blood for me."

"Aye aye captain!" he says with a smile and wide eyes

"Well you heard the captain! get your [censored] ready and lets go kill some people!"

Maiza looks at firo, "you readied the decoy yet?"

"aye, doesn't exactly look like a galleon but it'a throw a few of em off," he says as the row boat with a fake mast look drags 20 feet behind them.
SGOS
SGOS
Observer
Observer

Male Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2011-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Noret Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:31 pm

"Men, what do you say we go impose ourselves on the enemies for a bit, Full speed ahead have at them!" Karl shouts as the Luftstromen der Reichtum, unfurls her sails and quickly accelerates to full speed toward the bay, as she approaches her forward facing 12 pounders belch forth two great balls of iron and powder, that rip into the brig's hull and explode her magazine. The following explosion could be heard for some distance and the crew of the Luftstromen der Reichtum erupted into a cheer nearly as loud, or so it seemed to anyone on board. "Calm yourselves men, that was just the beginning we are still in the midst of battle; ring us around that fourth-rate and pepper her heathen comrades with iron and stone!" Karl commands, and the Luftstromen der Reichtum begins sailing in a rough circle around the fourth rate and fires volleys at the other Turkish ships in the harbor.
Sir Noret
Sir Noret

Male Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Roach Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:45 pm

Neptune's Fire's fro guns blat out a plum of smoke and flame as the sen a pair of bronze shot sailing through the mast of an Ottoman ship. Neptune's Fire plowed int the harbor raking Fire across any targets to her broadside she pulled parallel to the Fourth rate peppering the crew with grape shot decimating her crew as keen Cossack musketeers picked off the crew from their vantage points on the masts. Grappling lines pulled the two ships together as the fourth rates guns belched fire tearing a great breach in the side of Roach's Proud ship. Roach swung over to the enemy ship and killed a group of Turk's With a mighty blast from his blunderbuss showering them with nails and musket balls he slung his blunderbuss back over his shoulder and fired each of his pistol claiming two more Turks. blasts echoed through the ship as roach's crew tossed grenades down to the enemies gun decks. Roach cut a swath through the enemy crew making his way below deck hi men ran about dousing the enemy cannons the beleaguered crew of the fourth rate fought bravely but the savage Cossack raiders had more experience. the battle was short and bloody but the ship was taken. Roach had hi men use the fourth rates gun opposite to his own ship to pepper the remainder of the enemy fleet.

Roach wiped his bloody Scimitar clean and prayed the battle went as well else were.

Roach
Roach
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by SGOS Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:00 pm

The ships are spotted and Poseidon's chariot draws nearer to the gappingmouth of the port, the explosion caused from the daring and lucky shot created enough light to help them spot the next victim 4th rate.

"alright lads! you see her take her down on my count; next round prep for use! ready! fire!" the shelled rounds caused much of the hull to be exposed.

"Reload! Next round prep, ready...fire!" the choice of rounds was not just for a show of power it was planned as the next round of fragmenting shells caused a many screams to be heard in the night. a few shot were heard but the enemy ship had seemed to lost half its crew and ship with 2 rounds...

"Firo get the swivels to fire the chains while we prep!" a few seconds later some light booms had come and gone

"hah, looks like they'll have ta turn that one round to fire and real shots at us hahaha"

"Maiza bring us closer, and bring us in from the opposite direction from before, Ladd you know what to do" he said with a tip of his hat

"Coming round prep for use on the other side of the deck, after-round reload! and prep as the previous did...NOW!"

As that was said the other ships managed to get an idea of where they were and fired in all possible general-directions, the shear amount of cannon fire managed to not only take their decoy down, but also caused the back of the captain quarters to be completely destroyed
SGOS
SGOS
Observer
Observer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Noret Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:03 pm

Seeing the forth-rate once again in service to Russia, the crew erupted into another cheer. Karl ordered the Luftstromen der Reichtum out of her circle pattern and begins to harass the remaining heretic ships one by one. She focuses on a Xbec, firing a round of chain to disable the ships masts, then she makes a hard circle around the Xbec. This tilts the Luftstromen der Reichtum, enough for her top guns and swivels to fire a full salvo into the deck of the Xbec. Following this Karl orders a boardign crew over to take the Xbec, and the proceeds away with the Luftstromen der Reichtum to kill more Turkmen.
Sir Noret
Sir Noret

Back to top Go down

Post by Link the hero of time Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:42 pm

the dreams of desolation lines up at 750 yards from the fourthrate, ajusts the guns for elevation and begins firing the 18 pounders on the 4th rates escore ships as they aproach the large bronze shot impats along the nose othe ships damaging several of them enough to take on water. the gun crews reload the guns with clockwork like precision taking only 75 seconds to perform a full reload

malara waits for the posaidons chariot to fire to fire in unison to make it seem like more guns were braught to bear.
Link the hero of time
Link the hero of time

Male Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Roach Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:54 am

As the battle came to and end roach went to see his ships doctor. He entered the ward filled with the dead and wounded. His doctor was stitching together a cutlass wound across a mans arm.

"Whats the butchers bill Adamska?" Roach asked grimly.

"38 dead 27 wounded all in all we got off easy id say there were at least 300 Turks on that ship Dima."

"I know lets send off the dead I sent a message to the Don cossacks we will have four hundred men arriving in three weeks it will take at least that to repair the damage to our vessel and this new one."

Roach returned to the deck of the Fourth rate he looked out over the port smoke covered it like a dense fog the smell of death and black powder saturated the air though only four ship raided this harbor the desolation they had caused was massive all but a few of the Turk ships had sunk the other Turks had abandoned ship and had been cut down as they attempted to flee toward land three of the captured Turk Brigs stood abandoned prizes for the four marauding privateers that had seized this port.

Roach's First mate walked up and stood beside him. Vladamir Roach's first mate was a large handsome man who had been aboard ships nearly all his life. He had piercing blue eyes, short brown hair he was clean shaven and was of a massive build he towered over Dimitri at six feet seven inches while Dimitri only stood at five foot 9.

"This vessel will be needing a name captain" Vladimir said in his deep clear voice.

"Aye that it will. I believe we shall call this vessel Ataman's Bounty."

"Fitting Ataman very fitting."

The sun began to rise as Roach prepared to bury his dead at sea.

Ataman's Bounty
Total Guns 64
Swivels : 6x1/2lb
Topdeck: 14x6lb
Upperdeck: 18x10lb
Gundeck: 22x20lb
Fore gun : 2x12lb
Aft gun : 2x18lb

Crew: 300 after reinforcements arrive
Top speed: 13 knots

Roach
Roach
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Link the hero of time Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:19 am

the dreams of desolation is sitting at the mouth of the harbor gunports closed, sails raised.

her crew is dancing on the deck to the sound of music.
Link the hero of time
Link the hero of time

Back to top Go down

Post by Roach Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:47 am

At the rear of the Port the Ottomans had constructed a large set of wooden fortifications no doubt were they were housing their loot dozens of Turks lined the battlements. The last defense before the port was seized the ottoman flag fluttered in the wind above the fort.

"I want that heathen flag ripped down! To the boats men we have more work yet to do! Don't hit the port with cannon fire i want to reclaim the loot they have seized from our nation!"

Roach
Roach
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by SGOS Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:50 am

The enemy ship had turned hoping o lay a shot off to the well armed Poseidon's chariot but the merchant ship had changed it's directions to keep following the same damaged side.
Ladd's gang of natural killers board, in a variety of ways.. A mixture of screams and laughs are heard...
"I just don't understand how people like him live..." Rau says looking at the shadowy figures swarming down the decks, and seeing other figures flee and fall.

Only 2 more 4th rates remain, Poseidon's chariot quickly fires a full salvo and her gun deck switch's firing a second full gundeck shot, the first salvo was a regular lead shot, but the second was an extra loaded grape shot, though the ship managed to catch onto their tactics and moved their other gundeck over before Poseidon's, could reload her first salvo crew, though exposed by the close proximity hull ripping shot from before they managed to release a full gun deck at the hastily reloading merchant ship, but they quickly recovered and fired another extra loaded grape shot at them, there was not anymore returned fire... the final vessel's crew had all gone up to the poop deck and were waving white flags... the battle was over.

"How many?" Rau asks Maiza in a sort of statistical way

"Only 5 were taken to Davy Jones sir...but many have one foot in the grave already." he says bandaging up one of a long line of wounded.

"bless their souls, send what ever pay they would get to their families and the death pay too...it's all we can give them now" Rau says in the same tone as before

"But beyond that! all of you who are still here with us, i want to truly say that was probably the best you've ever fought! No captain could quite honestly be happier... Thank you all, extra rum and food tonight!!"
SGOS
SGOS
Observer
Observer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Noret Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:09 am

Luftstromen der Reichtum

As the last vessel heathen vessel slipped beneath the waves of the small port, Karl ordered his turned about and brought to the now derelict Xbec. The Luftstromen der Reichtum pulls up against the Xbec, as it does so Karl ponders what to do with it, while doing so the ship's second in command came up to him to give a damage report. As the Lieutenant does so, an frown is seen to get deeper and deeper on Karl's face, before it lightens as he gets an idea. "Lieutenant, signal the crewmen on the Xbec to salvage whatever we need to repair the Luftstromen der Reichtum back to fighting strength and order them to return; then we shall offer what is left of the Xbec to the other ships, signal the other when we're done," Karl orders before walking around the ship and offer congratulations to the crewmen personally.
Sir Noret
Sir Noret

Back to top Go down

Post by Angusm3 Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:23 am

OOC:
no purpose to this except for saying that I can't effectively post anything until agentaaa makes his faction after that I plan to join the chapter
Angusm3
Angusm3
Administrator
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 1244
Registration date : 2010-12-11

http://www.treeforge.co/

Back to top Go down

Post by Link the hero of time Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:09 am

The dreams of desolation sails up along the Luftstromen der Reichtum.

malara hails her

Hows your ship, she's gto some holes in her, we have suplies and some basic repairs should you need them.

several crew members look over the iron bullwarks on the deck and say hi Razz
Link the hero of time
Link the hero of time

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Noret Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:31 am

Luftstromen der Reichtum

The Luftstromen der Reichtum signals that she is salvaging an Xbec and should be fine.
Sir Noret
Sir Noret

Back to top Go down

Post by SGOS Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:59 pm

Poseidon's chariot is salvaging as much as they can from the newly gained prizes, along with replacing both their lost ammo stocks and their lost cannons.

With repairs and restocking underway, the unneeded crew begin heading to land, to prep for the raid on the enemy base.

Ladd and his crew exit from the nearly sinking enemy vessel and are dripping with pink blood diluted sea water.

"Well boss we brought all the ship had for worth, and no one was lost in the fray, so were goin tao drink a'bit and sleep well tonight...so uhh night!"

"Not yet...I have one last use for you and your crew. Were going to raid and enemy base, I obviously can't do it with only my unreserved men, I'll need your group too, aight?"

"I'm not really feeling up to it; maybe we'll help in the morning..."

"This is an order! and as your superior I'm telling you to raid the base. If not it'll be a single lash for you all..."

"A single lash never hurt anyone.." Ladd says with a chuckle

"Then I'll make it till it hurts... the only thing keeping the-"

"Fine fine, jeez was just screwin round, even if i am a'few bolts short of a'whole, i still know I and my crew know how to pay someone back...give us 10 minutes and a bit of food we'll be kickin em down like cattle. fair?"

"10 minutes...no more no less" Rau ends with dis contempt
SGOS
SGOS
Observer
Observer

Back to top Go down

Post by Link the hero of time Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:05 pm

malara looks at the fourth rates 20 pound guns with hunger.
malara: we cant bombard the fortification? they know we are here.......
Link the hero of time
Link the hero of time

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Noret Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:14 pm

(my apologies gentlemen, but I'll be out for the next week, if you wish to proceed without me go ahead; Roach can play Karl if he wishes. Also, don't touch the Chiss.)
Sir Noret
Sir Noret

Back to top Go down

Post by Roach Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:49 pm

Link the hero of time wrote:malara looks at the fourth rates 20 pound guns with hunger.
malara: we cant bombard the fortification? they know we are here.......

"If we shatter the fortifications we destroy the treasure and give ourselves the extra work of rebuilding them. No we will attack with small arms only use a few six pounders to break open the walls and the Turks will fall. We have more experience than them I've spent most of my life fighting and so have my men Karl's Austrian crew is also very well trained. So load up some light guns at have at them. "
Roach
Roach
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Link the hero of time Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:06 pm

malara: i dont like it one bit.... we may be trained better but the have the fortifications cannons, we have to get our marines to the gate,inside and into combat. we are clearly out numbered and out gunned
no matter how well traiend you are your training isnt going to stop a musketball to the chest..
Link the hero of time
Link the hero of time

Back to top Go down

Post by Roach Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:20 pm

Link the hero of time wrote:malara: i dont like it one bit.... we may be trained better but the have the fortifications cannons, we have to get our marines to the gate,inside and into combat. we are clearly out numbered and out gunned
no matter how well traiend you are your training isnt going to stop a musketball to the chest..

"There be more than one way into any fortress. But perhaps you are right it may be best just to level the [censored] thing Ive lost to many good men to these Turkish knaves already. We will have to salvage what ever we find from the rubble. We will have plenty of extra hands to set back up when the rest of my men arrive down the Don."
Roach
Roach
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Link the hero of time Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:45 pm

malara takes the dinghy back to her ship

malara: load the guns with that grapeshot... marines... prep yourselves. steel chestplates, and helms!
Link the hero of time
Link the hero of time

Back to top Go down

Post by Roach Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:27 pm

"Misha!" Roach bellowed. "Go below decks get every man armed with at least two pistols and a musket. set up a sharp shooter post near those ottoman palisades with our best marks man make sure they have some men to reload and give them at least three muskets to each sharp shooter. I want a constant barrage of lead on those Turk's. Make sure every one else has a breast plate and a helmet."

Roach opened the door to his quarters and grumbled at the large hole in the left side of his quarters. He went over to his dresser that had toppled over and pulled out a steel Brest plate. Roach grabbed a long barreled rifle off the wall a rare weapon in the fact it had a rifled barrel and was far more accurate than a musket. Roach also grabbed his spare pistols giving him six pistols ,his rifle a cutlass, as well as a blunderbuss. Roach headed back to the deck and boarded a long boat with his men and headed for the Turk Palisade"
Roach
Roach
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Link the hero of time Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:22 am

malara and 10 men are also in a dinghy rowing towards the fort, the glint of blackend steel is visibal .

malara flexes her hand around her war cutlas as her men laugh unconfortably. clearkny knowing the 5 foot blade was not a decoration or a symbol of her rank.
malara: keep quiet, let do this professionally, in out and and onward.
Link the hero of time
Link the hero of time

Back to top Go down

Post by SGOS Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:07 am

Ladd and his crew began putting on both light aluminum plate mail, and leather bound armor under that and a turkish uniform over it all. Everyone of them is armed with an assortment of knives, swords and 2 pistols each, though some chose blunderbuss's instead.

Ladd picked up a fallen enemy's head which they brought back from their previous raid.

"To kill a hog you must smell like one, to kill a turk you must bleed like one!" he said moving the jaw with one hand and rubbing the dripping blood over his face and shirt, creating quite a gruesome red mess.

Ladd stepped away and revealed a pile of dead turkish bodies...

Some chuckling was heard after that, it was as if each young man in his killing brigade was a little girl with a lower voice just daunting over how great that opening speech was to a night of festive killing, as they were grabbing from a platter of cheeses and fine champagne...

They swung to a couple enemy ships and lowered the boats of them hoping to look like turks.

They rowed off and landed fairly soon...they needed to be ahead of the other two groups to make for a proper and tactically smart entrance.

Rau learnt of their plan and sent three messengers, to each seperate raiding group...
SGOS
SGOS
Observer
Observer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next