Final Exodus: Dark Reality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter One

+8
SGOS
RedDragon924
Sir Noret
Django
darthme
Roach
The Nameless Sith Lord
Quantum Rain
12 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Chapter One - Page 21 Empty Chapter One

Post by Quantum Rain Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:22 pm

First topic message reminder :

Chapter One - Page 21 Logo210-1

----Intro post shall arrive later----

Last edited by Quantum Rain on Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 2209
Registration date : 2008-12-18

https://gathering.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Chapter One - Page 21 Empty Re: Chapter One

Post by Quantum Rain Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:19 am

"Oh, yay, another history lesson. Just speak and I'll endeavor to display what it is you mean." Shadow replied non-enthusiastically. "Though there will be somethings I am not allowed to show, just so you know."
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fore Admiral Disayle Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:30 am

*Ackbar ignores his tone and turns back to his subordinates.* Ackbar: Well, back there, we destroyed it as well...but not before my feelings got in the way of my better judgment and I used it to destroy the Great City of Sapare. *As he speaks, Shadow's powers give them a visual equivalent of his narration.*

*They gasp.* I wanted to avenge my parents and my...my wonderful Lysa, and I thought it would break the True Children's spirit and end the war early...but it didn't. They were dismayed, but not defeated, and fought even harder against us. Furthermore, the hole that the weapon tore in Aves's atmosphere over the Great City of Sapare didn't seal. It began to widen.

*He takes a deep breath as the memories flood through him.* The war didn't end. It steadily worsened over the years, far past its 500th year. No longer were we fighting to end it--as Aves's atmosphere disintegrated, we began fighting simply for the "refuge patches" left. But even those were vanishing, whittling our numbers down and bringing us ever-deeper into war. Peace was not an option--the True Children were far beyond the threshold of madness, for we had destroyed their sacred city.

Wherever Aves's atmosphere receded, the land below was left completely exposed to the fury of our star. Billions of avians melted in its merciless rays, and cities burned in hours. Even our airships' shields could not protect us. When Wraith crashed onto the planet, her ship melted on top of her and she never came to us.

Addrson, you were killed in the 540th year of the war, at the Battle of Farruvian--fought over this very city, one of the few still standing on Aves by that time. The True Children defeated us, but it was a hollow victory. One month later, Farruvian burned as the tattered atmosphere gave way over it.

Then, in the 600th year, the final battle was fought at Last Refuge--the one habitable place left on all of Aves. Neither side won--casualties for both were near-total. Both our airships were shot down, Ironbeak, and we were forced to fight on the ground even as the last shreds of Aves's protective atmospheric veil unraveled over us. You were killed by an explosion, and I was gravely wounded. I tried to crawl to you, but it was too late--Last Refuge was gone. All of us burned, and the entire avian race was extinguished. Aves was a dead world, not unlike what we saw in our vision. And without us to unite the other races against the galactic destroyers, it burned too.

*Total silence reigns throughout the room.*
Fore Admiral Disayle
Fore Admiral Disayle
Soldier
Soldier

Male Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2011-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:44 am

"However, I have managed to delay that judgement. Do applaud." Shadow replies, breaking the mood entirely. "However, I can't just entirely banish judgement and fate, not without help, and Vires can't save your souls, let alone Aves. So you better go big when you finally get your feet into space faring."
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fore Admiral Disayle Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:58 am

*Ironbeak starts.* Ironbeak: We actually have to go...to space? *He looks out the window as if to look for the infinite vastness of the universe.* Out...there?

Ackbar: For our own survival. It is the only way to prepare for the coming war. Aves alone cannot stand against the darkness that is on the horizon...and neither can Hiigara. *This last phrase is put pointedly towards Wraith, who nods mutely.*

Addrson: Commander...how do you know all this?

Ackbar: On that fateful day, as I primed the weapon to destroy the Great City of Sapare, I heard a voice--but it was not any voice I knew. It spoke Avian Common, but did not sound avian in the least. Then, something appeared before, something I had never seen before. It spoke to me in that voice, warning me that if I fired the weapon, I would doom both my race and the entire galaxy to destruction. When I doubted its warning, it showed me a vision--the exact same vision you saw just now. They were my memories: memories from a failed cycle, one that ended with the galaxy in flames. Memories...from another me. *Pause.* And then I knew what I must do: End this war...to ready our race for another. A war that in one war will be worse than all 500 years of the last one combined.
Fore Admiral Disayle
Fore Admiral Disayle
Soldier
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:03 am

"It will consume a considerably shorter time frame thankfully." Shadow pitched in, now just observing everyone's reactions and laughing to himself on the inside. I kind of miss the days when I would kill everything for a living. Now I get to watch other super villains fail miserably because I put a brick wall in the road.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fore Admiral Disayle Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:26 am

*The avians are digesting this information when there is a knock at the door.* Ackbar: Who is it?

*The muffled reply comes seconds later.* Dr. Fallah: It's me, Commander, Dr. Fallah! You requested my presence in your office, sir.

Ackbar: Come in, Doctor.

*The door opens, and the kiwi walks in, only to freeze at the sight of Shadow. Ackbar quickly closes the door behind her.* Dr. Fallah: You--I know your scent!!

Ackbar: Don't worry, Doctor. He's a friend. *The hawk proceeds to explain everything to her, while the others wait. At length, she concedes.*

Dr. Fallah: Very well. But why have you called me here along with General Ironbeak and Administrator Addrson?

Ackbar: Because later today, Shadow will appear before a meeting of all the military tribunals on Aves and tell them what he has told us today. We must be there to back him and convince them--and by extension, our people--of the urgency of the need to take to the stars. If we fail in this, Aves and the galaxy are truly doomed.

Dr. Fallah: No pressure?

*Those present chuckle.* Ackbar: Maybe. Addrson, how long until the meeting?

Addrson: A few hours, sir.

Ackbar: We have time, then. All avians, you are dismissed to eat and prepare. Wraith, stay here, please.

Wraith: Very well. *The other avians depart, leaving the three beings alone in the room.*
Fore Admiral Disayle
Fore Admiral Disayle
Soldier
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:32 am

"Please do hurry, I need to make sure I shine up my anti-political [censored]-o-matic for later..." Shadow commented, tiring from having to constantly translate every phrase and syllable. "I still won't like facing a room of nothing but 'officials'..." He air-quotes the term "Officials" and looks away, as if annoyed by just saying it.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fore Admiral Disayle Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:36 am

--Out-of-Universe--

*Ackbar suddenly cracks a mischievous grin called a Trollface.* Ackbar: Ah, yes, "officials". *He air-quotes the world with one foot.* Elected or appointed individuals in a governmental structure. WE HAVE DISMISSED THIS CLAIM.

*He cackles like a madbird.*
Fore Admiral Disayle
Fore Admiral Disayle
Soldier
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:38 am

--Out of Universe--
"Oh, good, that means I can leave you all to die a horrible death. Most excellent." Walks towards the door and opens it. "HI GUARD!" Before he can freak out, Shadow stabs him and disappears. Moments later, a nuke explodes right on top of the building Ackbar was in.

Shadow watches from the skies and laughs like a madman. "I love my job."
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fore Admiral Disayle Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:03 am

--Out of Universe--

*Another being appears next to Shadow. It looks humanoid, except for four metallic arms coming out of its back. Sunglasses cover its eyes and red hair cover its head. It wears a white lab coat.*

Dr. Octagonapus: OHAISHADOW. I'm Vires newest agent, and I'm pleased to tell you that YOU'RE FIRED!!!!! *A giant LAZAH!!! comes out of its mouth and hits Shadow at point-blank range.*
Fore Admiral Disayle
Fore Admiral Disayle
Soldier
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:08 am

--Out of Universe--

"I WILL DESTROY YOU DR OCTOGANAPUS-------!!!!!!!!!!!" Shadow blasts off into space, cursing at Dr. Octagonapus the entire way.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fore Admiral Disayle Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:19 am

--Out of Universe--

*Shadow is pursued by a disembodied, horribly grinning face, constantly taunting him.* Trollface: PROBLEM? UMADBRO? PROBLEM? UMADBRO? PROBLEM? UMADBRO? PROBLEM? UMADBRO? PROBLEM? UMADBRO? PROBLEM? UMADBRO? PROBLEM? UMADBRO? PROBLEM? UMADBRO? PROBLEM? UMADBRO? PROBLEM? UMADBRO? PROBLEM? UMADBRO? PROBLEM? UMADBRO? PROBLEM? UMADBRO? PROBLEM? UMADBRO? PROBLEM? UMADBRO? PROBLEM? UMADBRO? PROBLEM? UMADBRO? PROBLEM? UMADBRO? PROBLEM? UMADBRO? PROBLEM? UMADBRO? PROBLEM? UMADBRO? PROBLEM? UMADBRO? PROBLEM? UMADBRO? PROBLEM? UMADBRO? PROBLEM? UMADBRO? PROBLEM? UMADBRO? PROBLEM? UMADBRO? PROBLEM? UMADBRO? PROBLEM? UMADBRO? PROBLEM? UMADBRO? PROBLEM? UMADBRO? PROBLEM? UMADBRO? PROBLEM? UMADBRO? PROBLEM? UMADBRO? PROBLEM? UMADBRO? PROBLEM? UMADBRO? PROBLEM? UMADBRO? PROBLEM? UMADBRO? PROBLEM? UMADBRO? PROBLEM? UMADBRO? PROBLEM? UMADBRO? PROBLEM? UMADBRO? PROBLEM? UMADBRO? PROBLEM? UMADBRO? PROBLEM? UMADBRO? PROBLEM? UMADBRO? PROBLEM? UMADBRO? PROBLEM? UMADBRO? PROBLEM? UMADBRO? PROBLEM? UMADBRO? PROBLEM? UMADBRO? PROBLEM? UMADBRO? PROBLEM? UMADBRO? PROBLEM? UMADBRO? PROBLEM? UMADBRO? PROBLEM? UMADBRO?

--In Universe--

Ackbar: This won't take long...I hope. *To Wraith.* I admit we did not meet well at first, but I am willing to put that aside. There are too many threats in the galaxy--known and unknown--for us to indulge in such petty squabbles. *Pause.* I would like Aves and Hiigara to be friends.

*Wraith considers this. After a long silence, she answers.* Wraith: I haven't the authority to make such a treaty, but once the Fleet gets here in response to my beacon, I'll put in a good word for you.

*Ackbar nods.* Ackbar: Thank you. That's all I can ask; you may return to your quarters.

*Wraith turns to go, and then stops.* Wraith: You are quite a creature, Commander.

Ackbar: Thank you.

*She nods and leaves.* Ackbar (to Shadow): Happy now?
Fore Admiral Disayle
Fore Admiral Disayle
Soldier
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:26 am

"Not really, I still have to deal with your poly-tics..." Shadow replied non-enthusiastically. "...I hate politicians. Military ones least of all. I swear, if a single one of them dares to insult me in a condescending manner, I will turn their throats inside out and rip out their vocal cords after I clip their wings and shove them down their mouth... Regardless, I will be ready otherwise."
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fore Admiral Disayle Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:43 am

*Ackbar is genuinely surprised.* Ackbar: You needn't worry, Shadow. These avians have seen a 500-year war and they know when stakes are high. *Pause.* Nor are they constantly worrying about what message they need to project to get the vote back home. They know their duty--to protect our people. And with my backing of you, I can't think of any that will question you. *On impulse, he jumps onto Shadow's shoulder and puts his good wing over the other one.*
Fore Admiral Disayle
Fore Admiral Disayle
Soldier
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:45 am

"..." Shadow looks at Ackbar with an annoyed look. "I am not a perch, admiral... but I do appreciate the offer, it serves to save some of your own people's lives from my rage quit seminars." He turns around and walks off, disappearing at the door.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Roach Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:20 pm

--Ramius, Roli mountains--

The three Jedi masters moved without incident through the open mountain passes. they soon descended into the caverns below were the Blogmal goblin tribe dwelled. Roach drew his new mithril katana it glowed a faint blue showing the nearest goblins were still far off as the descended past the entrance the caverns grew pitch
black. Roach drew his lightsaber its brilliant yellow blade activated
with a snap hiss. It hummed faintly in the empty chamber and provided
just enough light to see by. The three pressed on roach leading them
down paths he had not tread in centuries then in the distance they saw
light a flickering light from fires and they saw goblins beating drums
and dancing about as if in some grand feast. Amongst the goblins was a
large brutish Orc their chieftain no doubt his black skin was marred
with scars and tattoos a large crude cleaver like weapon hung from his
back. All at once the drums stopped. Roach switched off his lightsaber
not knowing if they had been spotted or not the three slowly edged to
the caver wall and put their back flush against it.

Then three large goblins brought in two captives two human males they both bore the
scars of torture and of battle. The goblin chief growled in his own
language Veriax and Orgus did not under stand him but Roach did.

Orgus whispered to roach, "what does he say master?"

Roach replied grimly "he is gloating about how he captured these men from a
crashed ship. he says they killed hundreds of his people with their vile
thunder weapons. He says their punishment is a slow death by burning."

Veriax spoke in a whisper. "we cant let those men die!"

"We have no idea how man goblins are here we will do them no good getting
ourselves killed!" Roach retorted in a stage whisper. "BE mindful this
may be resolved without a direct combat."

Roach closed his eyes
hi could see the visual of a goblin alarm gong in his head he reached
out with the force and cast a stone against it. With a ring that shook
the very mountains the goblins all stood poised hands reflexively going
to to their weapons their chief roared his orders and a great number of
them dispersed heading to the surface. A few sentries remained behind to
guard their prisoners. After a few more moments the three Jedi
surrounded the goblins and with a quick action the sentries fell dead.
Roach activated his light saber and cut the battered men free. on of
them fell from the cross he hung on into roach's arms the other was
caught by Orgus.

The young man looked up at Roach his face dirty
and scarred but he still retained pleasing features with a large effort
he spoke.

"thank you master Jedi." then he fell unconscious

"We have to get them out of here master they will die without medical
treatment." Orgus said his green eyes glinting in the dark.

Roach placed a hand on each mans chest. "veriax you go back with them to the
staging area if i try to take you further i shall be too drained to
finish or mission make sure they are cared for then take command of the
aerial forces ill need some one in the are to coordinate strikes with
any way."

"Yes master." veriax replied and with a flash the
three vanished Orgus steadied Roach as he stumbled the fatigue of the
journey and the teleportation of three people so quickly drained him.

"we have to move roach said gaining his focus he pulled a large piece of
jerky from his coat and chewed the continued onward the goblins returned
enraged to find their dead sentries and missing prisoners but though
they scoured the caverns Roach and Orgus had reached the tunnels below
Cochran's fortress. Before Roach and Orgus stood a large security door
several droids stood near the entrance their blasters pointed down the
tunnel roach and orgus stayed out of their sight behind a large pile of
dead goblins and other creatures.

"well master how shall we proceed?"

Roach withdrew and ion detonator from his belt. And heaved it over the corpse
pile. And with a bright blue flash a and an electric tingle the door
stood unguarded.

"I don't feel like being subtle and more."
Roach drew his lightsaber and activated it with a snap hiss the
brilliant yellow blade sprung to life it was followed by another snap
hiss as orgus activated his lightsaber its green blade standing in
contrast to roach's yellow.

Roach walked to the door and flipped the manual release revealing a service corridor the two Jedi walked down the corridor taking twist and turns until they emerged into a repair bay. Droid sat along either side in charging sockets they crossed the room and exited via the door as a precaution roach set the charging sockets to over load in all the bays if the droids activated. They exited into a corridor and were assailed by guards blaster fire rained down the corridor. the two Jedi masters stood back to back deflecting the blaster fire. Roach tossed a grenade in the direction of the guards firing at him the explosion sending them flying Orgus dispatched the guards at his end with the same tactic.

"Well if they didn't know we were here before they do now" Roach shouted over the alarm that had been risen.

The two made their way to the court yard fighting guards left and right trails of corpses lay behind them as they emerged int the court yard roach Flash teleported about planting explosive charges on enemy anti air aircraft guns, shield generators, aircraft refueling stations and sensor arrays. Roach return to Orgus and flipped the detonator a chain of explosions rocked the mountain range as the shields fell Free peoples forces poured in a Rohirrim battle tank smashed through the gates followed by Jedi knights a rainbow of blades clashed with the red of the sith acolytes. troop shuttles landed and commando's poured in the battle was joined roach and orgus fought their way through the chaos. And made their way to the throne room. As they entered the throne spun revealing Jorge Cochran. He stood revealing his full height of six and a half feet though shorter than roach he towered above his apprentice a Slender Blonde woman.

"So the Jedi assassins arrive." Cochran spat with a sneer.

"let me destroy them master!" his apprentice said activating her lightsaber

"No my child we fight together" the pair drew their light sabers

"Orgus keep on the apprentice keep them separated I will fight the master."

With a roar the two sith leaped forward Roach side stepped his opponent wheeled about and blocked Roach's two handed cut. The two clashed blades Roach easily matching his opponents clumsy strikes with his expert Soresu form remaining defensive his opponent quickly spent his energy then roach moved with a blast of force power he sent opponent flying through the chamber he cast his lightsaber after him hi opponent deflected it and it deactivated as it hit the floor. His opponent drew the blade to him and activated it he force leaped toward roach but this was a critical error roach drew his mithril katana and ducked as his opponent came sailing over him. Roach thrust the blade upward through his enemies chest. He fell to the ground dead roach drew his blade from his enemies chest and retrieved his light saber. Roach turned the See orgus blast his foe out the window she fell hundreds of feet and landed crushed upon the turret of a Rohirrim battle tank. After a few more hours of clean up the Free peoples army was victorious the commando's that had been sent earlier were released from captivity. Roach and orgus found the source of Cochran's power a sith holocron Roach destroyed it to prevent another from falling to its dark influence the battle was won with minimal casualties if it had not been for Orgus' vigilance the planet could have been thrown into total civil war they were lucky to have caught the dark presence early.
Roach
Roach
Officer
Officer

Male Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2011-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Fore Admiral Disayle Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:23 pm

*Ackbar leaps off of Shadow's shoulder before Shadow runs him into the wall and hops back to his desk. There, he opens up an incomplete file on the holographic display and begins working on it, his eyes wide open in concentration. Bularr, now able to crawl, clambers up beside him and watches curiously.*

Bularr: What this?

*Ackbar glances fondly at the nestling.* Ackbar: This is the beginning of our future, Bularr.

*Their murmured conversation continues as the hawk's talons inscribe out Avian Common symbols--line after line, page after page. The sun continues to rise from the horizon.*

--Aves, Sky's Gate, Military Junta, Several Hours Later--

*In the conquered city of Sky's Gate, a meeting of all the United Children's Generals gathers in anticipation of a "major turning point" from Commander Ackbar. No-bird knows what it is about, only that it is of grave importance. The suspense is palpable in the meeting chamber, which is located high in the sky at the peak of one of the city's undamaged skyscrapers. A detachment of the avians' remaining airships patrols protectively around the tower's perimeter, but do little to ease the generals' tension as the meeting is convened and Ackbar slowly flies to the speaking perch in the center of the chamber. Once situated, the hawk clears his throat, takes a deep breath, and begins.*

Ackbar: Friends...avians...protectors and representatives of my people...if ever you listened to me before, I beg of you, listen to me now.

*He pauses and looks down for a moment before continuing.* Generals, a grave danger looms. Aves--and our entire race--will soon be in peril once more.

*Utter silence follows his words. The junta appears to be waiting for him to go on.* A new war is coming to our world...but not one between ourselves. It will come from the stars, and unless we are ready to stand against it, it will burn Aves until there is nothing left.

*A cassowary stands.* General Ferrd: Commander, how is it that you know this? *There is no condescending smirk in the bird's voice; only trepidation at the implications of what Ackbar is saying.*

Ackbar: General Ferrd...indeed, all the Generals: what dream did you have?

*The junta's members shortly confirm about the vision.* General Ferrd: Yes, Commander, but what does this dream have to do with what you say?

Ackbar: We all remember the last time such a dream came to our entire race. Generals, I do not mean to make myself a prophet for Aves--no-bird can claim such--but this vision can only be one sent by the spirit of our homeworld. A vision of destruction to prevent exactly such from happening.

*The chamber breaks into low, urgent talking.* General Ferrd: Logically, it makes sense, Commander...but how do you know so much about the nature of this threat?

Ackbar: I have proof, Generals. Forgive me, but throughout the course of our long fight to end this war, I have kept many things from you. Many, many things...Shadow?

*The chamber falls into stunned, expectant silence.*
Fore Admiral Disayle
Fore Admiral Disayle
Soldier
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:32 pm

--Aves, Sky's Gate, Military Junta--

The room suddenly begins to darken, steadily, and noticeably, as light and shadow seems to seep in through the walls in swirling streams, slowly progressing towards a convergence right in the center of the room, far above the floor. As they converge, a bright flash, mixed with black feathers and a powerful, slightly eerie presence. As the light diminishes, a figure could be seen, black, tall, and definitely not Avian in nature, though, his black wings did add to the curiosity of the creature.

Shadow smiled, speaking aloud for everyone to hear, clearly speaking his own tongue, and yet, everyone could understand it as if here were speaking Avian, "Good afternoon everyone."
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fore Admiral Disayle Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:34 pm

*The entire junta jumps in surprise. Some reach for their weapons, but Ackbar facewings and waves them off.* Ackbar: Stand down, Generals!! Was that really necessary, Shadow?
Fore Admiral Disayle
Fore Admiral Disayle
Soldier
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:36 pm

"I was aiming to stun with a display of power to prevent them from drawing, but I suppose your people are just naturally jumpy..." He says, annoyed. "Very curious behavior, I suppose I should have known."
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fore Admiral Disayle Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:50 pm

*One of the Generals retorts without thinking.* General Carron: We have seen too much war to forget caution so easily.

*The others stare as they realize they can understand the strange being, and that it can understand them. General Ferrd speaks up.* General Ferrd: Commander...I think you and your strange companion owe us an explanation if we are to understand the truth of this matter.

Ackbar: You are right to ask for one, my friends. And you shall have it. *He pauses, recalling old memories--battles won, battles lost, friends dead, cities razed.* You all remember the mission I led to destroy the Atmospheric Deprivation Weapon?

*The junta's members nod.* Well...in the depths of that remote polar facility...the mission almost took a different turn. I activated the meltdown sequence, sent Ironbeak and his soldiers back to the guard the ship...and then deactivated the meltdown.

*The junta gasps.* I rearmed the weapon and prepared to fire it upon a new target: the Great City of Sapare. My hatred...blinded me...and my thirst for vengeance against the True Children overruled all other desires. It was then, as the countdown neared its final seconds, that I heard a voice. It sounded like no other voice that ever fell upon my ear slits--certainly not avian in nature--and yet it spoke Avian Common as clearly as a spring morning in the Paradise Islands. *He looks to Shadow, and the junta's members follow his gaze.*
Fore Admiral Disayle
Fore Admiral Disayle
Soldier
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:55 pm

"I'm a master of any language I so choose to speak, and in, so is everyone else." He said with pride in his many various abilities. "Amongst other things such as time travel, shape-shifting, flying, mind reading, and even proper grammar with a good speaking voice." This time he seemed to boast more sarcastically rather than pridefully.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fore Admiral Disayle Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:06 pm

*Ackbar is tempted to facewing again, but keeps talking.* Ackbar: Then, right before my eyes in the weapon's control room, a being materialized much like the one that did just now. It was the source of the voice, and, introducing itself as Shadow, warned me that if I let the weapon fire on the Great City of Sapare, it would neither stop the war nor bring back my dead parents and my...my Lysa. *A tear runs from his eye as he says this, and he quickly wipes it away.* "End the war?!" I asked. "That's not even possible!!" "It is," the creature said, "And it's neither quick nor easy. But it won't happen at all if you let that weapon fire." "I don't care!!" I screeched at it. "They've taken everything from me--let their precious city BURN!!" "Is that really what you want, Admiral?" it demanded. When I affirmed, it continued, "Then let me show you the consequences of obeying your desire for revenge." And then it proceeded to deliver a terrible vision into my mind. A vision of the end of our race and of Aves itself.
Fore Admiral Disayle
Fore Admiral Disayle
Soldier
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:10 pm

"I won't show you such a vision. One can imagine what happens when a hole in the ozone layer that constantly grows and lets your star burn you planet to ashes is like." Shadow added dully. "It's quite a sight, but nothing you would like to see."
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fore Admiral Disayle Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:48 pm

*The silence is deafening in response to Shadow and Ackbar's words. Ackbar continues his tale: the story of another time, another world, another Ackbar. A time in which he did his best...and ultimately failed, leaving Aves and the galaxy to burn. By the end of it, many of the Generals are having difficulty controlling their emotions. General Ferrd takes a moment to compose himself before speaking again.* General Ferrd: Who burns the galaxy without us to stop them, Commander?

Ackbar: An ancient enemy called the Primitus. We have witnesses to testify before you on these, Generals, and to disprove any doubts about my sanity.

*One by one, he calls them forward: Ironbeak, Addrson, Fallah, Wraith. The Hiigaran comes last, and the Generals are once again astonished at being able to understand her language with Shadow's help. They are even more startled at what she has to say about the Primitus and the Progenitors. Once the witnesses are finished, Ackbar also calls up Wraith's data, showing the galaxy map and then the map of this portion of it. He enlists Shadow to once again give a brief description on all the factions in the area, and then the junta resumes.*

General Carron: What, then, is our best path forward according to you, Commander?

Ackbar: The Hiigaran Navy is on its way in response to Wraith's beacon. When they arrive, I would like to secure an alliance with them--the Hiigarans are not the most powerful people in this area of the galaxy, but they are still tenacious fighters and honorable friends. We would do well to make the best of this. Additionally, we must focus our efforts on several things, Generals: first and foremost, the rebuilding of our people and our world. Aves must be healed, repopulated, and redeveloped to be able to stand against the coming darkness. At the same time, we need undertake a more radical step: the research of a drive engine that will enable us to travel to the farthest stars of the galaxy in no more than a few hours. This will pave the way for our people to eventually set foot upon new worlds.

*The junta reluctantly nods in agreement. Ackbar goes on.* Furthermore, a new government must be promulgated to put our plans into motion. I have been working on a constitution for this government. *He inserts a data disk into the receptacle on his speaking perch. A holographic display of the document he worked on earlier comes up.* It shall be called the Galactic Avian Union and will gather all avians among the stars in one flock, so we will be able to survive the war when it arrives.

*After downloading the proposed constitution to their PDAs and examining it, the junta collaborates with Ackbar on making some modifications to it, and then unanimously approves the new version.* Ackbar: Very well. Tomorrow this constitution shall be circulated amongst our people, so they may choose survival over obliteration. If the junta has no more questions for me, let it be adjourned.

*The meeting ends with a new sense of purpose. The Generals leave to tend to their respective districts, leaving the motley group alone in the empty chamber.* Ironbeak: Hmm. That went well.

Wraith: I should hope so. My people can offer you an FTL drive, Ackbar...

Ackbar: No. This is something we must accomplish on our own.

Wraith: Very well. Shadow, when will the Hiigaran Navy arrive?
Fore Admiral Disayle
Fore Admiral Disayle
Soldier
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next