Final Exodus: Dark Reality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Demon's weregild: chapter 1

3 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The Demon's weregild: chapter 1 Empty The Demon's weregild: chapter 1

Post by agentaaa Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:46 pm

T-H-E D-E-M-O-N-S W-E-R-E-G-I-L-D

Chapter one:
The Jewel thief

Steve Frankenson and Angus Magec walk to the doors of the bright city of Ashta, grateful for the rest from their wandering, likely. As they come near the city, the gigantic metal gates of the walled fortress in front of them open, without any guards nearby. The gate didn't appear to be in possession of an automatic unlocking system, and whatever suspicion you might have had of it's condition is soon cut short as the door falls off it's hinges, and the smell of blood rushes into your nostrils.
Walking into the city, all you find is dead guards, townsfolk, animals, killed in spectacular amounts of butchery. What could do all this damage? The guards seem well armed and armored, and this town had resisted attacks from orcs, wizards, trolls, ogres, and even dragons in the past. there seemed not to be a threat the city couldn't handle, and even the drow had concluded it impossible to take the town after many attempts. Surely an army had come, and destroyed this city....
"Just give the ruby to me, you stupid woman, before I get angry." A man's voice could be heard shouting.
"You killed them, you bastard! They were the first to accept me! I'll kill you!" A woman's voice could be heard, as you round the corner. "Die, you heartless-" The woman, a dark haired beauty in a red dress, created a red fireball in her outstretched hands...
only for it to be dissipated with a snap of the man in front of her's fingers. The man had a long, brown beard, and wore violet robes filled with arcane energy. The staff he carried was long and black, the top appearing to be carved in the shape of a demon, but like none any mortal had ever seen. "hehehehahaha! Oh, you little fool! Your power truly is nothing next to mine.
as you hear the man say this, however, you hear a sickening crunching sound. Looking all around you, you see the remains of the dead piled around you move through the air, creating a barrier around you, leaving only one path open - right to the mage - for mage the man must be - and the woman.
"Right on time, Angus Magec, Steve Frankenson." The man remarks, regarding them with a smirk. "I can't use my own magic to steal this ruby, so I might as well take it from your corpses. I don't doubt you'll attempt to fight, of course - heroes always do, particularly when a little bit of power has managed to inflate their little heads - but, well, I'm prepared for you, and you must surely realize, by now.
I am the creature that destroyed this town."
Raising his staff, he readies himself for battle. Perhaps you should do the same.
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 3631
Location : lol, nice try, police people, you ain't getting it from me so easily
Registration date : 2009-01-13

http://Agentaaa.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

The Demon's weregild: chapter 1 Empty Re: The Demon's weregild: chapter 1

Post by Angusm3 Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:09 pm

"[censored]!" shouts Angus, he attempts to grasp Steve's cloak and drag him to the nearest cover behind some rubble. "This is going to be hell, remember the thing? We're gonna need some moonshine." he says, a controlled fire beginning to sprout from his outstretched finger.
Angusm3
Angusm3
Administrator
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 1244
Registration date : 2010-12-11

http://www.treeforge.co/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nut_Column Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:03 pm

Steve scoffs "No offense to your "plan," but I don't think this guy's gonna stand still long enough to be covered in moonshine. And besides, I can't just throw all my moonshine away! It's mildly more valuable than unlit torches! Plus, didn't you see how he just put out that lady's flame?" He stops for a second.
"No pun intended." He says while laughing.
"But seriously, I think a better plan would be to take that ruby he was talking about, and then run like we ain't got nothing better to do. It must be worth a pretty penny to warrant such errant destruction."
"Or he's just really evil. One of the two." He adds while winking.
Nut_Column
Nut_Column
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 1115
Registration date : 2010-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:39 pm

If you don't start, I suppose I can offer up a cantrip, to move things along." The mage says, holding up his palm. "Please, be sure to dodge." He says, smirking, as a red sphere appears in front of his hand. the sphere enters the ground, as a red mist appears. eating away all it touches, the mist moves towards you, devouring everything in it's path.
Steve managed to deftly dodge, his reflexes allowing him to stay out of the mist's path, and through a mixture of luck and good quality armor he manages to take only a few minor injury.(took half damage, he rolled a ten. damage = 11)
Angus was entirely surprised by the mist, however, and his armor proved to do little against the mist's venomous strike. the mist ate at his flesh until, in some places, the bone was showing.(Holy crap he rolled a 20. take 78 damage.)
Oh, hope you're ready for more. I'm just getting started." The man said, smirking.
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Angusm3 Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:04 am

"And I'm truly PISSED!" shouts Angus, using a healing surge and casting mage hand to bring the ruby to himself.
Angusm3
Angusm3
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:14 pm

"hahahaha... hehehehe... hoohahahahaha!" The mage laughs, barely able to stay on his feet as you begin choking the woman, the ruby pulling on her neck. "Ahahahahehehe... Forgive me, but the tales of your adventures never let me know what an... incompetent sort you are. And I know of all your adventures. thrust through time into the orc's first invasion of azeroth, the taking of castle Hayle... never told me what a stupid and pathetic fool you were." The mage says, slowly recovering from his fit of laughter.
"It's the same with this city. So played up. whatever defenses they had couldn't even stand up to one mage. I didn't need an army to kill the entirety of the forces stationed here... and the villagers, well, they were just a bonus." He says, licking his lips. "Please, though, show me something impressive, Angus Magec, and Steve Frankenson." He says, waving his hand and entirely negating the mage hand. "After all, I've let you stay alive all this time to see your potential. I'm beginning to wonder why I bothered, however." He says, taking a runeblade out of what seems to be a black ruby. "Come, or I'll end this farce by killing the two of you right now."
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nut_Column Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:59 pm

Whilst he was distracted by Angus's antics, Steve used the opportunity to use his Great Leap and Camouflage skills to move behind the mage. Moving quickly he uses Deadly Positioning with Steve, and Piercing Strike with Ravager.
Nut_Column
Nut_Column
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:17 pm

"Sorry." The mage says, putting his blade behind his back and blocking the attack, nonetheless stepping aside due to being outmaneuvered. "Don't misunderstand me, you people are strong when compared to the ordinary. Even to the champions of this town you might have seemed incredibly strong. But you're only just starting to become people at the superhuman level. Compared to me, you're just babes. at least, if this is really all you can do, anyways." The mage said, frowning. "Please, show me something better, or I'll save myself the trouble and just obliterate you now." He says, as he summons a skeleton to block Steve's second strike with ravager. the Skeleton pulls itself forward on the blade, before attempting to headbutt Steve with it's skull. Steve manages to pull back, and shake it loose, and so avoid the headbutt. Next, the Skeleton moves faster than normal, and attempts to claw Steve with it's sharpened fingerbones. despite being pushed back, Steve draws his weapons and matches each strike, using his expert reflexes to stop each blow as if it was that made by a child. The skeleton can find no entrance into Steve's defenses.
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Angusm3 Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:37 am

"From the powers of the archmage guild!" roars Angus, channeling his power

Time stop with dual spell
if I get 4 + 1:get the ruby off of her neck carefully with mage hand, finger of death, finger of death, meteor swarm(direct hit 2d6 unblockable per meteor), invisibility on steve with auto dispel if the mage tries to dispel it

If i get 6 + 1:mage hand to delicately remove the ruby from around her neck and bring it to me then (at the mage) finger of death, finger of death, finger of death, meteor swarm(direct hit 2d6 unblockable per meteor), invisibility on Steve (at will dispel any time he tries to dispel my cloak)

if i get 8 + 1:mage hand to delicately remove the ruby from around her neck and bring it to me then (at the mage) finger of death, finger of death, finger of death, meteor swarm(direct hit 2d6 unblockable per meteor), invisibility on Steve (at will dispel any time he tries to dispel my cloak), firewall in between me and him, fireball at him.

if i get 10 + 1:if i get 8:mage hand to delicately remove the ruby from around her neck and bring it to me then (at the mage) finger of death, finger of death, finger of death, meteor swarm(direct hit 2d6 unblockable per meteor), invisibility on Steve (at will dispel any time he tries to dispel my cloak), firewall in between me and him, fireball at him, dimension door to release my army of tea cozies (that I spent a really long time waiting at the chemical plant for to order them back into my mansion before), then my diamond flying carpet wraps around him to suffocate the life out of him being very careful to keep his hands pointed down.

Last edited by Angusm3 on Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Angusm3
Angusm3
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nut_Column Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:43 am

"Oh good! You ARE awake!" Steve says before using a sweeping attack at the skeleton's legs with Ravager. He then uses Great Leap to fly toward the mage, landing behind him and using Rouge's Luck with Steve. "Try dodging THIS!" He thinks to himself, not wanting to betray his position too early.
Nut_Column
Nut_Column
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:52 am

http://cdn1.knowyourmeme.com/i/000/063/491/original/my_trap_card.jpg?1280732063
Angus uses time stop, and for a while, manages to use his spells, getting up to firewall. however, as he uses these spells, he seems to slow down more and more, before coming to a sudden and complete stop. unable to move, he is forced to stand and watch as the mage moves towards him. "Wow, an impressive array of attacks you have used. You DO have some power, after all. But I did tell you I was prepared for you, didn't I? Not checking for any sort of wards or other traps laid, despite the fact I have been here for so long..."
The mage shakes his head. "I cannot call that incompetence, for you obviously suffer from a lack of experience against magical combatants. nonetheless, it is foolishness of the highest degree. your once mighty spells might have brought me to ruin, but now, they're simply absorbed by my wards, and their strength passed to me. I cannot touch that gem with my own magic..." He says, turning to Steve, who he included in the magic as well, allowing him to see and hear this exchange as well. "And using the energies you emitted, I can finally take this ruby off. it's not warded against you two, after all, just me." The mage says, using mage hand to take the ruby from the motionless girl's neck.
"You've done me a favor here. Therefore, I shall let you live for now." The mage says, walking away, before beginning a teleport spell. "If you're intelligent, the first thing you'll do is find a way off this world, before it's utterly devestated. Or die, it truly doesn't matter to me." The mage says, disappearing in a flash of blue energy.
The woman wearily gets to her feet as the time stop ends, shaking her head. "no, no! It's the end of everything!" she says, groaning.
(Skeleton's still there, but due to Angus using time stop, you get to repick and get first turn on him, Nutty.)
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Angusm3 Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:40 am

I attack the rest of the skeletons with meteor swarm and dual spell accurate attacks (8d6) total, and then "What has happened?! What have I just brought onto this world?!" he shouts at the woman in fear.
Angusm3
Angusm3
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:57 am

(only one rather potent skeleton)
The skeleton is hit by the attack, but some, though not all, of the damage heals as the skeleton is hit.(Has damage soak 10, you did 31 damage - 10 total, so 21.).
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nut_Column Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:26 pm

(Did my Power get used, or is it just like I never attacked?)

If It wasn't used, then I use Rouge's Luck with steve on the skeleton, and Tortuous Strike with Ravager.
If it was then I use a regular backstab on him with Steve, and Tortuous Strike with Ravager

Steve grunts in disgust and turns on Angus. "You know," He says, projecting his voice so as to make the skeleton think it is coming from somewhere in front of me. "Sometimes, using the same exact setup for every attack doesn't work. Eventually, "certain people" start to get annoyed and start devising ways to make your attack nullified, or even turned against you." He stands behind the skeleton, still invisible. "Kinda like what JUST! HAPPENED!" Shouting the last two words, punctuated by his two attacks to the skeleton. "Perhaps it's time you start devising a not quite so predictable method. Be adaptable, sometimes it's not enough to just cast the same four spells over and over."
"Just saying." He adds, shrugging his shoulders.
Nut_Column
Nut_Column
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:50 pm

"That man... with the ruby, that man will destroy the world!" The red haired woman says, a terrified look upon her face. "no, I'm wrong. I'd be mad to believe he'd stop there... He'll leave Zakarien and destroy all existence, everything!" She says, pale white in fear.
The skeleton claws towards you, and you deftly dodge behind him, before bringing in Steve for a vicious strike, connecting with the spine, at the small of his lack of a back, that hits and goes in cleanly. the wound heals somewhat, but for the most part remains there( 73 with the dexterity modifier, X2 makes it 146, damage soak 10 makes it 136.)
Coming in for a second strike with Ravager, however,

out of the wall of remains, a stave adorned with a skull appears, with a blade at the other end, made of Ivory, jutting out. The staff flies to the skeleton's hand, who regards it at first with unfamiliarity, then adjusts his grip, as though he has used such a staff all of his life. Whirling the staff in his hand for a second, a clock seems to appear above his head, and he seems to move quicker.
Moving in one deft swipe with his staff, two green, coiled bolts head towards Angus and Steve.
Angus attempts to move away, but the green energy connects, seeming to take away his vitality, before stopping, leaving him falling to the ground, motionless as his skin took on a gray complexion(You better use epic trick, his strike did 14 damage, more than your poor mage can stand. according to my calculator, you be at -1.)
Steve sees the strike hit Angus, but nonetheless is incapable of dodging himself. the bolt hits him, going through his armor as though it is nonexistent, seeping into it's weakpoints Steve stumbles back a bit, but doesn't fall, seeming only the slightest bit worse for wear. (hit, 13 damage. nothing you can't handle)
as each bolt hits, the Skeleton straightens as a black flame burns inside him, healing his wounds as it seems to actually burn in reverse, fixing the cracks in his thin frame.(Heals for both strikes for a total of 27 health regained.)
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nut_Column Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:44 am

"Oh goody. He can heal himself." Groans Steve.

Steve Steps in, using Setup Strike with Steve, and Piercing Strike with Ravager.

(Also, I'm guessing my second attack missed?)
Nut_Column
Nut_Column
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Angusm3 Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:42 am

OOC: whoa whoa, I said above I used a healing surge that would have healed me by 22hp so it would have gone like this (91 - 78 = 13 + 22 = 35 - 13 = 22)
if I'm not able to use it for some reason then I use epic trick this turn

If i was able to use it:
I drink a haste potion, (if I can move faster this turn I also use another healing surge leaving 4/6)

edit: did I use my save against death things at 1hp?
Angusm3
Angusm3
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:00 am

(would have taken a turn, as healing surges are not spells, and therefore not usable along with mage hand)
(also, yes you did, but http://www.youfail.org/)
Angus's entire body ripples with energy, as the grey coloration of his skin fades, and he stands up again, fully healed. readying himself for combat, he's once again ready to fight his foes.
the skeleton knocks away Steve's first strike with the butt of his staff, knocking his dagger hand down. Steve brings his blade back, and as the skeleton approaches, stabs outward with his entire body, skewering one of the ribs of the skeleton before it can react, as it hisses in fury.(setup strike missed. Piercing strike did 14 damage.)
The skeleton strikes out with his staff at Steve, coming in with 3 blindingly fast strikes, as an ethereal blade seemed to surround the staff, resembling ravager, but could not find trespass on Steve's defenses, as he stops the first blow with the butt of his dagger, sidesteps the second strike before knocking the staff downward with ravager, and dodges forward to dodge the skeleton's third strike, his leather armor stopping the "tip" of the staff from making any trespass on Steve's skin, before popping up behind the skeleton, who nonetheless turns to face Steve nigh instantly.
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nut_Column Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:14 pm

"Okay, now this is getting boring." Steve grumbles. He uses Walking Wounded with Steve and another Piercing Strike with Ravager. He then retreats to beyond the skeleton's move range. "Sure would be nice if this guy would, oh I don't know, die again? If only somebody had like some sort of spell, that would make this guy have a sudden relapse of Death. Maybe, a Finger? A... Finger of Death?"

(Also, you used the word Trespass twice in the same description. Shoddy English work...)
Nut_Column
Nut_Column
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Angusm3 Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:30 am

"Not in the same trap twice..." Angus thinks as he lunges forward using his blades to attack the skeleton not his spells.
dwarven mithril longsword 1d10+8 (+3 base +3 from fire stone +2 from feat)
sword 1d8+3 from fire stone
and +6 to hit (+3 from str +3 from amulet of fire)
Angusm3
Angusm3
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:28 am

the skeleton stops steve's first strike with the skull staff, knocking the blow away, but still taking light damage, and dodges narrowly out of the way of the piercing strike, the side of the dagger touching the skeletal mage's ribs. this, combined with the damage that had already occurred to the skeleton, caused some slight damage to develop on the skeletal frame. (two 2's for to hit die, really? steve did 70 damage, anyways. 1 bleedout too.)
The skeleton almost seems to grin, as Angus comes up behind it, readying his longswords. Coming in with an overhand chop, Angus advances on the skeleton, but the skeleton is ready for it, knocking it away with his staff. whirling, he comes in for an attack with his second blade, but the skeleton was prepared, and stops the blade with the skull of the staff, pushing it down.
The skeleton glowed blue for a second, before a wave of frost erupted from his frame, moving outwards in a line of jagged spikes. Steve had already retreated, and thus was out of the line of fire for this attack, but Angus has to deal with a row of frosty spikes, coming out in one jagged ice fragment.
Angus manages to dodge most of the attacks, but the row of spikes were unforgiving, and nonetheless left many light cuts.(dodged it, meaning 1/3rd damage, but of 3d12, it rolled 3 12s, so you take 12 damage.
seriously, 3 12's. the absolute maximum. isn't that awesome? Can't believe I rolled that.)
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Angusm3 Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:40 am

I cast meteor swarm (direct hit) at it, and since I'm casting a spell, I cast fireball also
Angusm3
Angusm3
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nut_Column Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:27 pm

(Assuming Angus' Meteor Swarm and Fireball don't kill it)

Steve roars and rushes in with two Piercing Strikes with both weapons.
Nut_Column
Nut_Column
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:58 pm

(angus did kill it)
The Skeleton is hit by all these, and gradually, it falls despite it's corpses attempts to heal itself. the shinbone cracks in half, and it can no longer stand, as the detached foot crumbles into dust. The skeleton struggles to straighten, using it's staff to help it stand up, as the rest of it's body begins to shake. Bringing it's hand up, one of the fingers slowly disappearing, it puts it near and above it's forehead, as it's jawbone turns to sand. the rest of the head follows, as the skeleton's hand moves outwards and away, giving a final, headless salute to it's master, before falling. In a second, the skeleton becomes no more than dust, the only thing left of the creature is the staff it carried, and what appears to be a small chest left behind by it.
You have won this battle, but it does not feel like the time to celebrate.
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nut_Column Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:00 pm

Steve gives a quiet "Yay." and loots the chest.
Nut_Column
Nut_Column
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next