Final Exodus: Dark Reality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Demon's weregild: chapter 1

3 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The Demon's weregild: chapter 1 - Page 8 Empty The Demon's weregild: chapter 1

Post by agentaaa Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:46 pm

First topic message reminder :

T-H-E D-E-M-O-N-S W-E-R-E-G-I-L-D

Chapter one:
The Jewel thief

Steve Frankenson and Angus Magec walk to the doors of the bright city of Ashta, grateful for the rest from their wandering, likely. As they come near the city, the gigantic metal gates of the walled fortress in front of them open, without any guards nearby. The gate didn't appear to be in possession of an automatic unlocking system, and whatever suspicion you might have had of it's condition is soon cut short as the door falls off it's hinges, and the smell of blood rushes into your nostrils.
Walking into the city, all you find is dead guards, townsfolk, animals, killed in spectacular amounts of butchery. What could do all this damage? The guards seem well armed and armored, and this town had resisted attacks from orcs, wizards, trolls, ogres, and even dragons in the past. there seemed not to be a threat the city couldn't handle, and even the drow had concluded it impossible to take the town after many attempts. Surely an army had come, and destroyed this city....
"Just give the ruby to me, you stupid woman, before I get angry." A man's voice could be heard shouting.
"You killed them, you bastard! They were the first to accept me! I'll kill you!" A woman's voice could be heard, as you round the corner. "Die, you heartless-" The woman, a dark haired beauty in a red dress, created a red fireball in her outstretched hands...
only for it to be dissipated with a snap of the man in front of her's fingers. The man had a long, brown beard, and wore violet robes filled with arcane energy. The staff he carried was long and black, the top appearing to be carved in the shape of a demon, but like none any mortal had ever seen. "hehehehahaha! Oh, you little fool! Your power truly is nothing next to mine.
as you hear the man say this, however, you hear a sickening crunching sound. Looking all around you, you see the remains of the dead piled around you move through the air, creating a barrier around you, leaving only one path open - right to the mage - for mage the man must be - and the woman.
"Right on time, Angus Magec, Steve Frankenson." The man remarks, regarding them with a smirk. "I can't use my own magic to steal this ruby, so I might as well take it from your corpses. I don't doubt you'll attempt to fight, of course - heroes always do, particularly when a little bit of power has managed to inflate their little heads - but, well, I'm prepared for you, and you must surely realize, by now.
I am the creature that destroyed this town."
Raising his staff, he readies himself for battle. Perhaps you should do the same.
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 3631
Location : lol, nice try, police people, you ain't getting it from me so easily
Registration date : 2009-01-13

http://Agentaaa.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

The Demon's weregild: chapter 1 - Page 8 Empty Re: The Demon's weregild: chapter 1

Post by Angusm3 Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:48 pm

Angus is undaunted and shoots frostburn at the one that fred is fighting, shortly after he casts magic missile as many times as the dm will allow at the same target
Angusm3
Angusm3
Administrator
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 1244
Registration date : 2010-12-11

http://www.treeforge.co/

Back to top Go down

The Demon's weregild: chapter 1 - Page 8 Empty Re: The Demon's weregild: chapter 1

Post by Nut_Column Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:50 pm

(Trying Not to kill the main troll here Angus... Just so you know. Steve's gonna yell at you once Agent posts.)
Nut_Column
Nut_Column
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 1115
Registration date : 2010-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Angusm3 Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:01 pm

He'll be alive these things are damned tough
Angusm3
Angusm3
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:01 pm

(you miss, thanks to the Troll's feat(That one's mine.))
Angus mutters, one of his eyes turning a burning red color, the other a freezing blue. A bolt of fire and lightning headed towards the troll... but it may as well have been standing still as the troll dodged it effortlessly. " 'dose of us who get to da' brink of death, and come back to life" The troll laughs again, his tusks quite prominent. "We be called berserkers. Lemme SHOW YOU!" The troll says, as Steve attempts to strike him while talking with his blade, before sinking his knife into a troll appearing behind him. Another troll throws a spear at Steve, but it goes wide. this is all the distraction he needs, and suddenly, the troll moves quickly, stabbing five times at Steve's stomach, faster than he can blink. the first two strikes gash into Steve's stomach, cutting deep, but Steve recovers quickly, dodging the next two strikes, his armor preventing the last from making contact with his flesh. "Seee, hehehehehe(First strike of Steve missed, you killed a troll, and he hit you for fifty two[pickup!] Damage in total)
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nut_Column Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:30 pm

"Now, that hurt... Is that what I do to people? Ouch!" Not hesitating a moment, Steve Launches a counter attack using Tortuous Strike with Steve and Ravager with Piercing Strike on the Troll. "If you survive this, then I'll let you live, Alright?" He laughs.
Nut_Column
Nut_Column
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Angusm3 Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:45 pm

Angus attempts again to cast magic missile as many times as he can due to it being an at will attack (five's the at will suggested limit right?)
Angusm3
Angusm3
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:35 pm

(still takes a standard action... so, 2 per turn, if you don't do anything else.)
Angus, hitting a single troll with two blasts of magical energy, fells the troll, his corpse falling as the wounds take their toll. (killed one troll) Moving to attack, two of the trolls go down with a knife in the back. Turning to attack, they are surprised to see a log heading towards one of them, who fails to move out of the way in time. "Didn't forget about me, did ya?" Luke asked with a grin, before getting hit with the log's backswing, and thrown thirty feet away. "Ooooof! Ohh, there goes my lunch..."Luke says, vomiting.

Meanwhile, Steve duels with the troll, the two clashing with spear, sword, and dagger, moving at such an incredible speed it's hard to track. "You're mine!" The troll yells, raising his spear to stab at Steve's heart...
Steve is too quick, though, sliding his blade between one of The troll's lives, before sadistically twisting it, causing more damage to the warrior. Staggering back, he attempts a couple more stabs with his spear at Steve, both easily parried by Steve's, uh, steve, the tip driven back by the small currved dagger. The troll tries for another strike, at Steve's legs, at which point Steve deftly dodges, before stepping on the spear, wrenching it out of the troll's hands, before piercing ravager firmly through his chest, on the opposite side of his heart. "not...ag'in..." The troll says, vainly grabbing at the sword that had buried itself within his chest, before falling unconscious from the wounds(Your choice: Unconscious or dead?)

Last edited by agentaaa on Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nut_Column Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:39 pm

Looking down on the unconscious troll, Steve remarks. "Well now, Isn't this a familiar sight? Hopefully you'll stay down long enough for me to deal with the rest of this rabble." Steve turns to the other trolls and... (counts) wonders where Luke is... irregardless, he attacks the nearest one with Setup Strike with Steve, and Hounding Strike with Ravager on another.
Nut_Column
Nut_Column
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Angusm3 Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:44 pm

"Do you want him to get up Fred?" asks Angus as he casts spectral ram at one of the trolls and thunderlance at another.
Angusm3
Angusm3
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nut_Column Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:56 pm

"He stabbed me 4 times in the stomach. I want him to SUFFER!" Steve shouts.
Nut_Column
Nut_Column
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Angusm3 Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:31 pm

"And suffer he shall" Angus uses ghost sound to make sure he suffers
Angusm3
Angusm3
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nut_Column Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:04 pm

After a moment, Steve says "You just tried to use Ghost Sound didn't you? Even though he's unconscious?"
Nut_Column
Nut_Column
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:11 pm

one of the trolls is thrown back, hit by an unseen force, bloody but alive, as soon as Angus gestures his fingers at him, before making a small lightning bolt symbol appear before him, a precursor to the lance of thunder striking outward at another of the trolls, who dies when it contacts his green skin. Angus then causes terrible sounds to wail in the troll's ears that surely would have terrified him to madness if he wasn't busy dreaming about sexy troll women at the moment.
Steve's dagger, Steve, meanwhile, moves to stab one troll, but the creature sways out of the way, readying his axe and missing steve in turn, before Steve retaliates on another troll with ravager, cutting off his head and now slightly covered in blood. Well, slightly more anyways...
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nut_Column Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:15 pm

Infuriated that this battle is taking so long, Steve attacks the nearest one with Piercing strike with Steve, and Ravager.

"Why won't you just realize that you're all going to die!? JUST. LEAVE!"

Steve Punctuates the last two words with his attacks.
Nut_Column
Nut_Column
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:35 am

two trolls fall dead to the ground as Steve stabs them both. The remaining troll looks around, seems to think for a second, and then says "Oh 'dank de gods! You saved me from being sacrificed! Oh, I'm so glad all of 'dose trolls are dead! I'll serve you for all eternity... Truly, I am grateful that you saved me from 'dis entirely unwilling imprisonment at 'der hands..." The troll says, going into a wide bow.
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Angusm3 Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:31 am

Angus spends the aftermath casting fire plume at all the incapacitated trolls lying on the ground.
Angusm3
Angusm3
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:18 pm

you manage to make them into charred remains, causing cruel and sacrilegous damage to their corpses
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Angusm3 Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:19 pm

"Good" Angus thinks "I know they can't regenerate and... Hmm this is a good way to dispose of bodies... Where's Luke?"

Last edited by Angusm3 on Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Angusm3
Angusm3
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:03 pm

You look around and see Luke snoring in the corner, a basketball size hole in his stomach, but somehow alive despite this fact. he doesn't even seem to be having labored breathing. Breaking off his snore, he woke up. "Awwww crap, what's the damage?" Luke says, looking down at the hole in his stomach, "Eh. Tis' only a flesh wound."
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Angusm3 Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:31 am

"You're not the black knight!" Angus says "Now get up and I'll cauterize that wound." his hands light up with fire
Angusm3
Angusm3
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nut_Column Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:38 am

Steve immediately Sparta Kicks the troll in the head when it bows. "Oh good, a Jamai- er Trollish Servant. Just what I always wanted." Steve stops for a second. "On the other hand, Sacrificed? To whom?" Steve winces as Angus burns everything outside and yells, "DAMMIT ANGUS! You don't have to burn them, they're already dead! The only reason THIS one *points to the Berserker Troll* came back is because I didn't kill him. Save your Magic, you might have burned some loot! You've already cost me enough today."

Steve then ties up the Berserker Troll and the other troll, and loots all the bodies.

"Oh, and 'Holy' Luke, nice try on that log trap, next time, try to move out of the way of the backswing eh?" Throwing him his missing torso.
Nut_Column
Nut_Column
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Angusm3 Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:51 am

"I love burning dead bodies!" Angus shouts "Now let's see if they were carrying any barrels of pitch for me to burn!" (I loot the bodies)
Angusm3
Angusm3
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:40 am

"Um... Jena...zadaba...daba." The troll says, sweating a bit. "Yes, the troll god Jenazadabadaba. He's pu' evil, and me folk' were gonna ritually sacrifice me to 'em." The troll says while rubbing his bruised head. "I am foreva' you's."
Angus finds three hundred gold, while Steve finds 900 gold, and eight throwing axes (1d6), as well as a ruby crystal. it appears to have no magical abilities, but.. it's VERY shiny. (no abilities, just a good old fashioned treasure.)
you also find, to divide amongst you:
eight waterskins
2 vials of filth fever poison
A piece of rotten meat
eight loincloths(optional)
a vial of hair gel(They had to get those mohawks SOMEHOW, am I right?)
the berserker's black spear(2d10 + 5, 50%chance of double strike(uses saving throw and related bonuses for the chance).
the non berserker's brown spear(1d10)
and some wooden "trick" coins, about fifty pieces, dressed up as gold pieces.
Luke groans. "I'll give ye my share for a healing potion... I think I might wanna take care of this, after all." Luke says, poking his hole, and immediately groaning in pain. "ouch, didn't think that through..." He complains.
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Angusm3 Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:44 am

"Take your share and this" says Angus, handing him a health potion.
Angusm3
Angusm3
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nut_Column Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:06 am

"Wait! Jenazadabadaba? I know her... She's like, the goddess of Laundry! Why would they be sacrificing you to her? And why were you calling her a he? In fact, why were they here attacking us if you were being sacrificed..? Something fishy is going on around here..."
Steve takes the coins, the hair gel 6 water skins and the poison.

"Oh hey! Poison! Filth Fever Poison if I'm not mistaken. And how much do you think this Ruby would be worth Luke?" Steve mentions while eating an Omelet.
Nut_Column
Nut_Column
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next