Final Exodus: Dark Reality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aruna

2 posters

Page 7 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

Aruna - Page 7 Empty Aruna

Post by Quantum Rain Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:24 pm

First topic message reminder :

The peaceful world of Aruna, a massive grassland world, peaceful, calm, harmonious... Until now. A shadow looms over the White Tower, the shadow of Death. Exitium's forces have already begun appearing here and there, a prelude to the counterattack he will launch against Aeon's transgressions into his territory. Already, outlying villages are overrun, and one of them in particular shall serve as the staging ground for the attack on Aeon's fortress.

"We are in position for the slaughter." A dark elf reported to the demon known as Araman. He waved the elf away, looking down at the city below. Exitium's forces waited for his signal, he knew this, and the unsuspecting townsfolk held no chance against superior numbers and power. Though today seemed to be off... different... or he may have been perceiving the ease of this invasion incorrectly. It doesn't matter, he thought, the fires of war will scar this world regardless. He sent out a fire bomb onto the town below, the signal for the attack to begin. The first wave launched, followed close by the second, and already he could hear the panic ensuing...

The first signs of trouble immediately showed up at the door to the room Wynn rented. People panicking, far off sounds of fiery explosions, and screams of death and the likes... they all turned the morning into a red dawn for the approaching horde of Exitium forces, which already moved to surround the city.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 2209
Registration date : 2008-12-18

https://gathering.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Aruna - Page 7 Empty Re: Aruna

Post by Quantum Rain Wed May 02, 2012 9:09 am

"... I don't really want to discuss it..." Matt finally said after a minute of staring off into the abyss. "It's not that important anyway. At least we're alive now, that's all that matters, right?" He asked, and inside, he wanted her to say yes, just to erase the fear of the past. ... I'll never forget...

--Castle Arulean--

Orion was standing atop one of the spires of the castle, overlooking the fortified city and beyond... mesmerized, yet calmed, by the golden, sunset view. "Beautiful, isn't it?" Someone asked from behind him, and Roix emerged from the shadows, standing next to Orion, also taking in the view. "... Yeah, I guess so." Orion replied, turning back to the sunset. "... You should get ready... the general predicts that they will attack during the night." Roix stated, turning back to the door he came from. "... And see what our hired arm is up to, he's been missing all day. Make sure he's ready." "... Yes, sir." Orion called back, somewhat reproachful of the second word. Roix just faintly smiled. "You know you don't have to do that..." "... Yes... Roix." "That's better."
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Wed May 02, 2012 9:20 am

Quantum Rain wrote:"... I don't really want to discuss it..." Matt finally said after a minute of staring off into the abyss. "It's not that important anyway. At least we're alive now, that's all that matters, right?" He asked, and inside, he wanted her to say yes, just to erase the fear of the past. ... I'll never forget...

--Castle Arulean--

Orion was standing atop one of the spires of the castle, overlooking the fortified city and beyond... mesmerized, yet calmed, by the golden, sunset view. "Beautiful, isn't it?" Someone asked from behind him, and Roix emerged from the shadows, standing next to Orion, also taking in the view. "... Yeah, I guess so." Orion replied, turning back to the sunset. "... You should get ready... the general predicts that they will attack during the night." Roix stated, turning back to the door he came from. "... And see what our hired arm is up to, he's been missing all day. Make sure he's ready." "... Yes, sir." Orion called back, somewhat reproachful of the second word. Roix just faintly smiled. "You know you don't have to do that..." "... Yes... Roix." "That's better."

"...Okay..." Wynn said acquiescently. She would just lie back down and stare at the ceiling. If there's going to be an attack... She thought. Let me get a good night's rest first for once... She would close her eyes and fall asleep quickly.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Female Number of posts : 1114
Registration date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Wed May 02, 2012 12:25 pm

Matt sat there still, his mind occupied on the memory... the first regret in Avalon. ... I can't forget... He tried to push the memory away as he laid his head down, staring blankly... and when he did finally fall asleep, the nightmare haunted him still.

--Castle--

Rain sat there, cross-legged in the middle of the quarters he was given in the castle. Hired hand... not really glamorous... He thought, as he was meditating. His mind reached out to every object, lifting them up, placing them elsewhere, or making them orbit around him, slowly, serenely... He was trying to relax, at least, but that shadow, that annoying persistent shadow that something is wrong... it remained.

When Orion walked in, he almost ran into one of the potted plants. He wasn't surprised that Rain was meditating, in fact, he's seen the man do this several times. It was rather intriguing to watch, he almost wished he could ask him how he did it so well. He knocked on the doorway, and Rain replied by placing the objects in their right places. "... What is it?" Rain asked, standing up now, not facing Orion, but stretching his stiff arms and shoulders instead. Orion spoke plainly in return. "You ready?" He asked, Rain shrugged in response. "As I'll ever be." He turned and looked at Orion. "And it's done more easily than you think, by the way." "..." Orion looked at Rain, confused. "The meditation? It's easy." "..."

Rain sighed to himself as Orion left, not saying a word to the fact that his mind was just read so easily. Quiet angel... meh. He sat back down on his bed. ... It's odd, I swear I've felt that kind of presence before... it's like a demon, yet like an angel... so odd. He thought, returning back to the memories of his meditation sessions, trying to describe that shadowed feeling. Oh well, I guess. He fell back, laying on top of the bed, relaxing. Can't do anything about it now.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Wed May 02, 2012 12:43 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:Matt sat there still, his mind occupied on the memory... the first regret in Avalon. ... I can't forget... He tried to push the memory away as he laid his head down, staring blankly... and when he did finally fall asleep, the nightmare haunted him still.

--Castle--

Rain sat there, cross-legged in the middle of the quarters he was given in the castle. Hired hand... not really glamorous... He thought, as he was meditating. His mind reached out to every object, lifting them up, placing them elsewhere, or making them orbit around him, slowly, serenely... He was trying to relax, at least, but that shadow, that annoying persistent shadow that something is wrong... it remained.

When Orion walked in, he almost ran into one of the potted plants. He wasn't surprised that Rain was meditating, in fact, he's seen the man do this several times. It was rather intriguing to watch, he almost wished he could ask him how he did it so well. He knocked on the doorway, and Rain replied by placing the objects in their right places. "... What is it?" Rain asked, standing up now, not facing Orion, but stretching his stiff arms and shoulders instead. Orion spoke plainly in return. "You ready?" He asked, Rain shrugged in response. "As I'll ever be." He turned and looked at Orion. "And it's done more easily than you think, by the way." "..." Orion looked at Rain, confused. "The meditation? It's easy." "..."

Rain sighed to himself as Orion left, not saying a word to the fact that his mind was just read so easily. Quiet angel... meh. He sat back down on his bed. ... It's odd, I swear I've felt that kind of presence before... it's like a demon, yet like an angel... so odd. He thought, returning back to the memories of his meditation sessions, trying to describe that shadowed feeling. Oh well, I guess. He fell back, laying on top of the bed, relaxing. Can't do anything about it now.

Wynn would dream of a time earlier in her life when she was still training to be an assassin. A man in dark violet robes and gold armor taking her to the Assassin Guild's den. She knew it was her father, but the face was blurred in her memory. She walked into a room and saw the guild's leader sitting in a chair. He stood up and walked over to them and they began talking. The dream was vague enough so that their conversation was incoherent to her. The Guild Leader bent down to look her in the eye and smiled.
He spoke to her directly, and she understood it this time, "We expect great things from you, Miss Thermidor."
Wynn would grumble at him, and say, "Don't call me 'Miss'."
The man would laugh and stand up. "What else do you want me to call you?"
Wynn would not have a response, she remained silent.
The man chuckled. "'Miss Thermidor' it is then."

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Wed May 02, 2012 1:02 pm

--Castle--

Hours later, the city alarms rang as the first of the Shadow dragons came flying through, crashing into their sun-like counterparts, and as Rain looked out the window, he could see the Exitium forces marching towards the fortified walls... the invasion has begun.

He quickly grabbed his armor and sword and ran down the stairs, his mind swirling with memories he tried to suppress as he sprinted towards war and the field of death once more... At least this time he had a choice.

--Inn--

The first signs of battle shook Matt from his sleep, sending him straight upward, eyes wide open as his mind tried to switch from the nightmare to reality. His senses were blaring, his mind, foggy, his body, sore... This was not good. He quickly got up, still in the clothes he wore yesterday, and looked around, trying to make sense of what was going on in his groggy mind.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Wed May 02, 2012 1:06 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:--Castle--

Hours later, the city alarms rang as the first of the Shadow dragons came flying through, crashing into their sun-like counterparts, and as Rain looked out the window, he could see the Exitium forces marching towards the fortified walls... the invasion has begun.

He quickly grabbed his armor and sword and ran down the stairs, his mind swirling with memories he tried to suppress as he sprinted towards war and the field of death once more... At least this time he had a choice.

--Inn--

The first signs of battle shook Matt from his sleep, sending him straight upward, eyes wide open as his mind tried to switch from the nightmare to reality. His senses were blaring, his mind, foggy, his body, sore... This was not good. He quickly got up, still in the clothes he wore yesterday, and looked around, trying to make sense of what was going on in his groggy mind.

Wynn would hear the battle beginning to erupt. She jolted awake, swung her legs over her bed and slipped her feet into her boots. She grabbed her gauntlets and shook Matt out of his daze. "Come on, Matt, we have to get the hell out of here!" She exclaimed. She would run over to the table and pick up all of her gear. She would put the quiver over her shoulder, put the bow on her back, put the short swords and sheathe on her belt, and tie the satchel of spheres she had made a few hours before all in only five seconds. She ejected her hidden blade, slowly opening the door to see if someone was already storming the Inn.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Wed May 02, 2012 1:25 pm

There was no one in the hallway, and as Matt tried to wake up, his mind slowly realized all that was happening. "... It's clear." He called to Wynn, knowing what she was doing finally. "It doesn't sound like they made it past the walls yet."

--Castle--

Rain bolted into the map room, seeing that Orion, Roix, Reas, and a group of officers were already there. The two lieutenants were silent, while Reas was hunched over a map, a map that actually showed the battlefield in real time, despite the parchment it was made of. "... Oh good, you're still awake." Reas commented after Rain stormed in. "You know what to do." He said to the officers who nodded their heads, bowed, and walked out to their troop regiments.

"... At least the walls are holding this time... but those mechs will do a number on us until we can get our own in the skies, and then there's the Arms Fort at the back of the lines..." Reas sighs, knowing that the odds of them winning this battle were actually low. They were outnumbered at least five to one, outflanked, and though they were the defenders, they were being bombarded by a long-range weapons platform... "We began the evacuation several hours ago, so casualties should be low." Roix commented, shaking his head at the absurd size of the Exitium invasion force.

"..." Rain looked at Orion, then back at the Aeon general. He was waiting for his assignment, rather than all of this commentary. He knew the odds already, he could sense them coming earlier, and knew that the garrison was far outnumbered. He didn't need to be reminded. The general looked up at Roix, then at Rain. "We need to save as many of the city folk as possible, deprive them of the reinforcements they could garner from the dead bodies." Roix nodded, and Rain just walked out, finally happy that he got his task. Orion stayed behind though.

"... I know, you're worried about me." Reas said, not even looking up at Orion, already knowing that he was still there. "Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere kid." "... Sir... Reas... This is your home..." Orion said, unconvinced that Reas wasn't going to attempt something stupid, in his mind anyway. "I know, and she needs me... but she needs me alive for now. So go, I'll keep the men going." Orion remained a few moments more, trying to see if Reas was lieing. Eventually, though, he walked out, taking out his pair of daggers as he exited the main gates. Evacuate anyone left behind... He thought to himself.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Wed May 02, 2012 1:39 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:There was no one in the hallway, and as Matt tried to wake up, his mind slowly realized all that was happening. "... It's clear." He called to Wynn, knowing what she was doing finally. "It doesn't sound like they made it past the walls yet."

--Castle--

Rain bolted into the map room, seeing that Orion, Roix, Reas, and a group of officers were already there. The two lieutenants were silent, while Reas was hunched over a map, a map that actually showed the battlefield in real time, despite the parchment it was made of. "... Oh good, you're still awake." Reas commented after Rain stormed in. "You know what to do." He said to the officers who nodded their heads, bowed, and walked out to their troop regiments.

"... At least the walls are holding this time... but those mechs will do a number on us until we can get our own in the skies, and then there's the Arms Fort at the back of the lines..." Reas sighs, knowing that the odds of them winning this battle were actually low. They were outnumbered at least five to one, outflanked, and though they were the defenders, they were being bombarded by a long-range weapons platform... "We began the evacuation several hours ago, so casualties should be low." Roix commented, shaking his head at the absurd size of the Exitium invasion force.

"..." Rain looked at Orion, then back at the Aeon general. He was waiting for his assignment, rather than all of this commentary. He knew the odds already, he could sense them coming earlier, and knew that the garrison was far outnumbered. He didn't need to be reminded. The general looked up at Roix, then at Rain. "We need to save as many of the city folk as possible, deprive them of the reinforcements they could garner from the dead bodies." Roix nodded, and Rain just walked out, finally happy that he got his task. Orion stayed behind though.

"... I know, you're worried about me." Reas said, not even looking up at Orion, already knowing that he was still there. "Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere kid." "... Sir... Reas... This is your home..." Orion said, unconvinced that Reas wasn't going to attempt something stupid, in his mind anyway. "I know, and she needs me... but she needs me alive for now. So go, I'll keep the men going." Orion remained a few moments more, trying to see if Reas was lieing. Eventually, though, he walked out, taking out his pair of daggers as he exited the main gates. Evacuate anyone left behind... He thought to himself.

Wynn would nod. "Come on, we need to get going." She said. She would retract the hidden blade, but she drew the short swords and put them together into a staff, not chancing anything. She would quickly run to the other side of the room and grab two boxes of easy-to-make meals, and goes back to the door. "Grab the money," she said to Matt. "We'll have to leave the rest of the food if things are as bad as they sound." As they got out the door, she nearly ran forward and stopped. Almost forgot... She thought. She would pull her hood up with her left hand, and jog through the hall of the Inn with Matt toward the lobby, double bladed staff still in her right hand.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Wed May 02, 2012 1:53 pm

Matt followed quietly, up until they got into the lobby... then the war really hit home... literally. An Exitium mech came crashing through the roof, blocking the exit and collapsing the entire lobby as it did so. "Lovely, the sky is falling on us..." Matt sardonically commented, his mood somewhat soured with his poor sleep. As the rubble settled, they could see the night sky riddled with dueling dragons and mechs dogfighting at such insane speeds, it's a wonder there wasn't a crater where the lobby stood instead.

Orion was bolting through the city streets, trying to find any stragglers. So far they were empty, save for the occassional Cerberus and hellhound that managed to jump over the wall. He dispatched of them quickly, continuing on his way. His mind was still concerned for Reas, but he knew what his orders were... and as much as he was afraid for him, he wanted to obey him too... it was a confliction of emotions.

"Keep up, mercenary!" Roix yelled back as he cast a hellhound soaring away. Rain just rolled his eyes as his sword cut through the other rather easily. These skirmishers weren't a challenge, but they were certainly annoying. "Just keep moving." Rain answered back, staying relatively calm on the outside... but on the inside, memories were clouding him and then there was that dreadful sense still, lingering over him.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Wed May 02, 2012 2:04 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:Matt followed quietly, up until they got into the lobby... then the war really hit home... literally. An Exitium mech came crashing through the roof, blocking the exit and collapsing the entire lobby as it did so. "Lovely, the sky is falling on us..." Matt sardonically commented, his mood somewhat soured with his poor sleep. As the rubble settled, they could see the night sky riddled with dueling dragons and mechs dogfighting at such insane speeds, it's a wonder there wasn't a crater where the lobby stood instead.

Orion was bolting through the city streets, trying to find any stragglers. So far they were empty, save for the occassional Cerberus and hellhound that managed to jump over the wall. He dispatched of them quickly, continuing on his way. His mind was still concerned for Reas, but he knew what his orders were... and as much as he was afraid for him, he wanted to obey him too... it was a confliction of emotions.

"Keep up, mercenary!" Roix yelled back as he cast a hellhound soaring away. Rain just rolled his eyes as his sword cut through the other rather easily. These skirmishers weren't a challenge, but they were certainly annoying. "Just keep moving." Rain answered back, staying relatively calm on the outside... but on the inside, memories were clouding him and then there was that dreadful sense still, lingering over him.

Wynn gritted her teeth. "How good are you with those barriers?" She asked. "If you can play defense, I'll play offense... but if we have to fight our way out, don't forget..." She turned to face him. "No matter what happens, we are getting the hell out of here. No stopping, no helping others. If we stop, we die." She said firmly. "Understood?"

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Sat May 05, 2012 11:16 am

Matt simply nodded his response, charging a small amount of mystic to his free hand to demonstrate his readiness. "Let's get moving." He said, still following Wynn out.

Orion kept at his goal, when a loud explosion came from the southern direction... the wall has been breached. It was only a matter of time before the city was overrun. He had to hurry. He had a faint sense of some kind of power, not like the normal demons, so he followed it forward. Hopefully, someone was still alive.

The explosion nearly sent Rain flying backwards as the gates they just reached were ripped to shreds. Roix protected himself with a barrier, but Rain had to wade out the debris and smoke as hundreds of enemies started pouring through. "A fight to the finish, merc!" Roix yelled out to Rain. He just shook his head, as the first of the enemies charged at him, getting cut down easily in return. They had to buy a little more time... or so Roix stated when they arrived here. The Aeon forces were hard at work to hold the line, the walls were being ravaged from artillery fire and soldiers sliced down by Exitium demons and the undead citizens of ravaged cities.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Sat May 05, 2012 11:28 am

Quantum Rain wrote:Matt simply nodded his response, charging a small amount of mystic to his free hand to demonstrate his readiness. "Let's get moving." He said, still following Wynn out.

Orion kept at his goal, when a loud explosion came from the southern direction... the wall has been breached. It was only a matter of time before the city was overrun. He had to hurry. He had a faint sense of some kind of power, not like the normal demons, so he followed it forward. Hopefully, someone was still alive.

The explosion nearly sent Rain flying backwards as the gates they just reached were ripped to shreds. Roix protected himself with a barrier, but Rain had to wade out the debris and smoke as hundreds of enemies started pouring through. "A fight to the finish, merc!" Roix yelled out to Rain. He just shook his head, as the first of the enemies charged at him, getting cut down easily in return. They had to buy a little more time... or so Roix stated when they arrived here. The Aeon forces were hard at work to hold the line, the walls were being ravaged from artillery fire and soldiers sliced down by Exitium demons and the undead citizens of ravaged cities.

Wynn would charge out of the building ahead of Matt, holding the double-bladed staff behind her as she leaned forward into her run. She would hold her left arm slightly up in front of her, preparing to block at a moment's notice as she ran forward. She would run fast, but not so fast that she left Matt behind.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Sat May 05, 2012 11:57 am

Matt followed, and soon after they exited the Inn, it collapsed in on itself, dust and debris clouding the local area. Combined with the roar and sound of incoming hellhounds and cerberus, it was a mixed blessing.

Orion kept at the direction he was going. It felt odd, very odd... powerful, as well, but like an undercurrent in an ocean. As he neared it, his sense of it grew more and more powerful, closing in on its position, whatever, or whoever, it was.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Sat May 05, 2012 11:59 am

Quantum Rain wrote:Matt followed, and soon after they exited the Inn, it collapsed in on itself, dust and debris clouding the local area. Combined with the roar and sound of incoming hellhounds and cerberus, it was a mixed blessing.

Orion kept at the direction he was going. It felt odd, very odd... powerful, as well, but like an undercurrent in an ocean. As he neared it, his sense of it grew more and more powerful, closing in on its position, whatever, or whoever, it was.

Wynn would continue running, and jump over pieces of rubble and fallen pillars. As she ran past some of the rubble, she put her hand into her pouch and pulled out one of the plastic spheres and kept it at the ready as she ran, watching all around for an enemy to attack them at any time. She would even steal a peek over her shoulder to see if there was anything behind them.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Mon May 14, 2012 11:23 am

At first, things went well, no signs that the enemy had discovered them. That is, until the mech brigade flew overhead and more enemies dropped down from the sky, right on top of Wynn and Matt. Matt reacted with a quick barrier pulse that threw those around his immediate area a distance away, and stunned them for a brief moment.

This isn't a battle I can win... Rain thought, as he cut down another demon, just for it to be replaced by three undead. "We need to fall back to the castle!" Rain shouted out at Roix, who was busy inflaming several undead that charged at him recklessly. "We will not retreat!" He exclaimed back, the signs of battle enthrallment in his eyes. What does this idiot hope to accomplish? Rain thought, as he shunted away an undead, and parried a second attack, slicing off the enemy's arms and then decapitating him. "If we stay, we will all die in vain!" Rain could only see more and more enemies, and fewer allies fighting beside them.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Tue May 15, 2012 11:56 am

Quantum Rain wrote:At first, things went well, no signs that the enemy had discovered them. That is, until the mech brigade flew overhead and more enemies dropped down from the sky, right on top of Wynn and Matt. Matt reacted with a quick barrier pulse that threw those around his immediate area a distance away, and stunned them for a brief moment.

This isn't a battle I can win... Rain thought, as he cut down another demon, just for it to be replaced by three undead. "We need to fall back to the castle!" Rain shouted out at Roix, who was busy inflaming several undead that charged at him recklessly. "We will not retreat!" He exclaimed back, the signs of battle enthrallment in his eyes. What does this idiot hope to accomplish? Rain thought, as he shunted away an undead, and parried a second attack, slicing off the enemy's arms and then decapitating him. "If we stay, we will all die in vain!" Rain could only see more and more enemies, and fewer allies fighting beside them.

Wynn would stop for a moment in front of the mechs, then throw a hand full of the ping pong balls onto the ground as hard as she could. The balls would explode, and smoke would engulf the area almost immediately. It would be too thick for the pilots to see either Matt or Wynn. Wynn turned back and grabbed Matt's arm, having taken a mental photographs of where everything was before she dropped the smoke bombs. She would pull him between two of the mechs and let him run on his own again as soon as they emerged from the large plume and were able to see again.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Mon May 21, 2012 4:17 pm

Matt followed compliantly as the mechs tore apart the city, ignoring Wynn as she flew past them. As the pair approached the wall, however, they were almost blown backwards by the sudden fiery detonation of an Arms Fort barrage. Ahead of them was a line of enemies swarming into the city. The allied forces were just flanked.

Orion raced forward, leaping past the pair of kids into the fray, with Diem's in hand, he sliced through the first undead, just to see two more thrown back by a sudden flash of light... it looked like a barrier. A strong one at that to launch them back so well and suddenly. Odd, how does a young kid like that have that capability...

Roix let out an energetic roar as power coursed through his body. Lightning from the sky began ripping the enemies apart one at a time, then twos, then fours as the storm kept shooting downward at them. However, Rain could see his power waning. Dammit, I am not dieing because of your foolish, reckless devotion. Rain sliced down the last undead in his way and sprinted towards Roix, bypassing the rest. He tackled Roix, calling him out of his beserk trance. "Everyone, fall back to the castle. We'll hold our ground there!" He yelled to the Aeon soldiers, whom promptly complied the authoritative command.

As Roix was carried back, exhausted, Rain held his ground forward, buying a little time and distance for the few retreating Aeon forces. He didn't have to be fancy, but he did need to be reasonable. As he sliced down the first that attempted to fly past him, he caught the attention of the rest. Just a few seconds time... Rain thought, as he began parrying blow after strike, dodging the arrows that he could while his armor soaked the rest.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Mon May 21, 2012 4:25 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:Matt followed compliantly as the mechs tore apart the city, ignoring Wynn as she flew past them. As the pair approached the wall, however, they were almost blown backwards by the sudden fiery detonation of an Arms Fort barrage. Ahead of them was a line of enemies swarming into the city. The allied forces were just flanked.

Orion raced forward, leaping past the pair of kids into the fray, with Diem's in hand, he sliced through the first undead, just to see two more thrown back by a sudden flash of light... it looked like a barrier. A strong one at that to launch them back so well and suddenly. Odd, how does a young kid like that have that capability...

Roix let out an energetic roar as power coursed through his body. Lightning from the sky began ripping the enemies apart one at a time, then twos, then fours as the storm kept shooting downward at them. However, Rain could see his power waning. Dammit, I am not dieing because of your foolish, reckless devotion. Rain sliced down the last undead in his way and sprinted towards Roix, bypassing the rest. He tackled Roix, calling him out of his beserk trance. "Everyone, fall back to the castle. We'll hold our ground there!" He yelled to the Aeon soldiers, whom promptly complied the authoritative command.

As Roix was carried back, exhausted, Rain held his ground forward, buying a little time and distance for the few retreating Aeon forces. He didn't have to be fancy, but he did need to be reasonable. As he sliced down the first that attempted to fly past him, he caught the attention of the rest. Just a few seconds time... Rain thought, as he began parrying blow after strike, dodging the arrows that he could while his armor soaked the rest.

Wynn would pull out another pair of the smoke bombs, and would throw one at the man's feet and one at her own, she would continue leading Matt through the chaos, keeping smoke bombs at the ready to blind anyone they would encounter at a moment's notice.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Mon May 21, 2012 4:35 pm

Matt kept up with Wynn, throwing enemies back from them. However, their original entrance was barred by several dozen of the enemies, as they swarmed into the city, undaunted by the smoke screen. Orion followed the two though, occasionally slicing an enemy or two that tried to bar him from them.

Time to leave. Rain thought, as the mech brigade started flying over the walls and decimating the city. He sprinted at breakneck speeds towards the castle, leaving the enemies far behind as the castle walls approached him.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Mon May 21, 2012 4:42 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:Matt kept up with Wynn, throwing enemies back from them. However, their original entrance was barred by several dozen of the enemies, as they swarmed into the city, undaunted by the smoke screen. Orion followed the two though, occasionally slicing an enemy or two that tried to bar him from them.

Time to leave. Rain thought, as the mech brigade started flying over the walls and decimating the city. He sprinted at breakneck speeds towards the castle, leaving the enemies far behind as the castle walls approached him.

Wynn stopped, not having expected this particular entrance to be blocked. She would turn to Matt and yell, "This way!" she would veer away from the gate and head for a solid wall. When they got to the base of the wall she leaned against it and crouched low. "Can you use your barriers to get yourself over?" She asked Matt once they had stopped. She would take a quick look at all the enemies that were pouring in.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Mon May 21, 2012 4:51 pm

Orion was a distance away, hiding in a ruined house after he finally managed to disappear from the enemy views. He took a breather from the fighting. Getting his senses in order due to the influx of 'presences.' He was trying to sift through them to find the two from earlier, so that he could follow them and/or lead them to safety.

Matt looked upward, judging the height scale as he thought for a moment. "Not without grabbing unwanted attention." He finally predicted, as the enemies practically poured through the ruined gate now. It was thanks to the shadow of the wall and the night sky that they remained hidden from view. "I would produce too much light, but I think I may have an alternative." Matt said, walking up to the wall and holding his hand out. He traced what looked like a doorway with his index finger sliding against the stone wall. Then with a short, undecipherable word, the invisibly traced door way suddenly glowed softly, and then there was a path through the wall. The stone simply disappeared. "A trick dad taught me." He explained.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Mon May 21, 2012 4:54 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:Orion was a distance away, hiding in a ruined house after he finally managed to disappear from the enemy views. He took a breather from the fighting. Getting his senses in order due to the influx of 'presences.' He was trying to sift through them to find the two from earlier, so that he could follow them and/or lead them to safety.

Matt looked upward, judging the height scale as he thought for a moment. "Not without grabbing unwanted attention." He finally predicted, as the enemies practically poured through the ruined gate now. It was thanks to the shadow of the wall and the night sky that they remained hidden from view. "I would produce too much light, but I think I may have an alternative." Matt said, walking up to the wall and holding his hand out. He traced what looked like a doorway with his index finger sliding against the stone wall. Then with a short, undecipherable word, the invisibly traced door way suddenly glowed softly, and then there was a path through the wall. The stone simply disappeared. "A trick dad taught me." He explained.

Wynn nodded, and gestured for him to go through, she kept the bladed staff at the ready in case someone was brave enough to charge at her. She slowly backed through the doorway following Matt, but never stopped being on-guard. Once she was satisfied no one would follow them through, she turned and began running after Matt.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Mon May 21, 2012 5:04 pm

The grasslands surrounding the city were only light with the fire of the burning buildings and the occasional detonation of explosives or spellcasting. Matt was running along silently, using a different form of his barriers to refract light from hitting him and creating a sort of cloak around himself. Though to a trained eye like Wynn, it was obvious, to an enemy more focused on battle than someone running from an invisible door in the wall, it was a wise choice. He stopped at the edge of the forest, waiting on Wynn, and hiding in the shadows of the trees.

Orion caught on to the sudden, very soft power surge. It was the same as that kids, and quite close. He kept on it, now following it through to the wall. At first he couldn't see how they got past the wall, not without jumping it... then he saw the artificial doorway. He hummed his fascination with their ingenuity and ability. These weren't normal kids, that was for sure. He walked through the doorway just in time to see one of the kids running towards the forest... at first it seemed like his eyes decieved him, some refraction of light lying right underneath the leaves, but then he saw it move. It was that other kid! He used the shadows to jog towards them, trying to stay hidden from the enemies.

Rain stood over the same map as before. Their general was missing, Roix was incapacitated, and the castle walls were surrounded. What little remained of the Aeon forces were now in his command, and it was confirmed that most of the civilians were evacuated, while the rest are likely dead. It was definitely time to leave, but how was the issue at hand. "I need to know if there are any passages out of the castle, pronto. Those gates won't hold forever, and I don't want to be here when they fall." He said to a small team of angels. They nodded their acceptance of the new objective and walked off to attempt to see it through. "This is going to be difficult... I'm supposed to be a mercenary, not a general..."
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Mon May 21, 2012 5:30 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:The grasslands surrounding the city were only light with the fire of the burning buildings and the occasional detonation of explosives or spellcasting. Matt was running along silently, using a different form of his barriers to refract light from hitting him and creating a sort of cloak around himself. Though to a trained eye like Wynn, it was obvious, to an enemy more focused on battle than someone running from an invisible door in the wall, it was a wise choice. He stopped at the edge of the forest, waiting on Wynn, and hiding in the shadows of the trees.

Orion caught on to the sudden, very soft power surge. It was the same as that kids, and quite close. He kept on it, now following it through to the wall. At first he couldn't see how they got past the wall, not without jumping it... then he saw the artificial doorway. He hummed his fascination with their ingenuity and ability. These weren't normal kids, that was for sure. He walked through the doorway just in time to see one of the kids running towards the forest... at first it seemed like his eyes decieved him, some refraction of light lying right underneath the leaves, but then he saw it move. It was that other kid! He used the shadows to jog towards them, trying to stay hidden from the enemies.

Rain stood over the same map as before. Their general was missing, Roix was incapacitated, and the castle walls were surrounded. What little remained of the Aeon forces were now in his command, and it was confirmed that most of the civilians were evacuated, while the rest are likely dead. It was definitely time to leave, but how was the issue at hand. "I need to know if there are any passages out of the castle, pronto. Those gates won't hold forever, and I don't want to be here when they fall." He said to a small team of angels. They nodded their acceptance of the new objective and walked off to attempt to see it through. "This is going to be difficult... I'm supposed to be a mercenary, not a general..."

Wynn would begin using dark shadows to move around as soon as they presented themselves. To even a focused eye, she would not be easy to spot. He robes would create a shroud of darkness that distorted the form of a human body as she moved through the darkness. She would stop with Matt, leaning in a tree's shadow. She looked around, not entirely convinced they had gotten away that easy. She would look around, and spot someone moving. She hurled the staff at the shadow with stunning accuracy, considering how dark it was. She drew her bow and readied an arrow to shoot.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Mon May 21, 2012 5:37 pm

Orion stopped, and blocked the staff blow with his two daggers. They glowed lightly as they repelled the staff back at Wynn. The momentary light illuminated the bronze-gold armor that Orion was wearing as he just stood there, not advancing again. He stared at the two kids.

Matt squinted against the darkness, trying to accurately make out the figure. "... do we know him?" He asked, as he charged a small burst of energy into his hand in case they needed a barrier at a moment's notice.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down