Final Exodus: Dark Reality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter One: Ex Nihilo

+6
darthme
Kati
NemesisQ
agentaaa
Angusm3
Quantum Rain
10 posters

Page 2 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Go down

Chapter One: Ex Nihilo - Page 2 Empty Chapter One: Ex Nihilo

Post by Quantum Rain Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

A war already thousands of years since its beginning, some worlds have already been devastated, but hope remains for those who wish to defend it... or destroy it.

Aeon's armies are amassing once more, though they emerge from the shadows of defeat against the Reapers in the service of Exitium, they hold courage still. Exitium sees this happening, and is already prepared to strike again, this time to kill. Merciless fighting shall take place soon.

Elsewhere, Anima creates her guardians, preparing to defend her creations still, even through the pain of death, she refuses to give in. Chaos's hordes are running rampant through the worlds though, creating pure discord in their wake, challenged only by Anima's warriors, they will, however, win if left unchecked.

Still, the gods are summoning their warriors, as more and more appear in the Sanctuary, a world otherwise known as the home of the gods, they appear in the respective thrones to each god, with the scenery equally matching their power. It is here where our story shall begin, and here it shall start to end, for out of nothing, out of Ex Nihilo, a story will start to weave itself together.

Last edited by Quantum Rain on Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 2209
Registration date : 2008-12-18

https://gathering.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Chapter One: Ex Nihilo - Page 2 Empty Re: Chapter One: Ex Nihilo

Post by Quantum Rain Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:31 am

Jaxe scoffs, and smiles. "While I would love to stay." He says, as his wings are now glowing quite brightly. "There are bigger fish than you to fry, but don't worry, we will meet again." He says, laughing some, then goes to continue, saying, "and when we do, I will kill you, but this little game is over. For now." Jaxe stretches his wings as he flies upward at surprising speeds, disappearing amongst the clouds.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:47 am

"DAMNIT!!!!" Auger screamed, throwing his short blade by the chain in a desperate, futile attempt to catch Jaxe. It missed, and after his momentary rage subsided, Auger realized the position he was in. "It's alright, it wont be my first time stopping a fall...hmmm...How did I do it last time?" Auger mused. Looking below him, he noticed a nearby cliff. "ah, now I remember" Auger realized, moving toward its position, while simultaneously getting his weapon ready for another throw. Auger threw his short blade at the cliff face, hooking it into the cliff. the sheer amount of vertical inertia soon ripped it back out, but it decreased the falling speed quite a bit. Auger then readied his longsword with the point directly below him, putting both hands onto the longswords handle. Auger managed to land alive, though a loud "crack!" resounded from one of his arms on impact, and he knew it had broken. "I guess I'll have to deal with one arm for the next little while" Lamented Auger. Auger grabbed his longsword and detached the chain from the weapon. "Well, I have found 2 opponents worthy of fighting so far. Coming here was a better decision than he had initially thought. "I'm actually going to have to make some armor...how long has it been since I needed to do that? hehehhehe" Auger began moving, seeking animals for leather and wood for a fire.
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 3631
Location : lol, nice try, police people, you ain't getting it from me so easily
Registration date : 2009-01-13

http://Agentaaa.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Angusm3 Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:17 am

By this time Angus was waking up to his first day of training. Hayle had passed off his classes to one of the knights for the next week while he trained Angus. The training commenced, Angus would have the concept down by nightfall if he continued at his current pace.

Meanwhile, Skaer had bigger fish to fry, what Angus said worried him. He headed for the castle walls when "ORCS!" There came several hurried yells of worry "ORCS ON THE HILLS!"
They had to act fast. "Skaer! We need you out there!!" said an unidentifiable voice. Skaer started running, he ran past the gates as the drawbridge slammed shut behind him. His first attack was devestating, he blew half the army to pieces with a blast of sheer energy. The other half, spied him in amidst the chaos and said "KILL THE WIZARD" in their snarling tongue. He formed his sword and drew his dagger in his free hand. as they charged he slew them one by one. Just a constant stream of blood, his hands moving like lightning. Before he pulled his sword from one orc he was stabbing another in the head with his dagger, shrieks of pain coming as often as cries of death. The few that still stood looked in awe, the Mage standing angered behind several dead orcs. Before they could start running he had killed another one with his adminium blade. Then it registered in their heads that they stood no chance and managed a few to get away before 2 more had been slain.

The kingdom was safe, for now. Inside Angus and Hayle knew Skaer could handle it easily and continued training for the duration of the battle.
Angusm3
Angusm3
Administrator
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 1244
Registration date : 2010-12-11

http://www.treeforge.co/

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:54 am

Auger was truly overjoyed. He had new opponents, his arm had begun to heal up in the splint, and he managed to get enough wood the day before to keep the fire going the whole night. moreover, he had heard the sound of battle earlier, in the distance, and planned to head there as soon as his arm healed. "I cannot underestimate the opponents coming for me, so i best get myself back in shape. Well, since one arms broken, I'll start with leg training. Aliright! I'll start off with 500 laps 'round the cliff." Auger began his training, happily anticipating the battles before him.
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:25 pm

Rain was walking along, aimlessly it seemed, as he had no destination in mind. His instincts did tell him, though, that he was headed for civilization. This was confirmed as he approached the cliff edge, standing right at the edge, and as he looks outward, he could see a city being besieged by some army. He didn't know who they were at all, by appearance, after all, this was a foreign world to him.

He did know one thing, though. "If there is a battle... one of the gods are going to get involved. It's never just simple and out of the way..." He comments to himself, already analyzing the situation and its circumstances even from the distance away he was from the battle. "But... I don't think it's my problem, not now. Let them fight their useless wars if they want." He says to himself, trying to persuade that voice in his head telling him to go fight the enemy. He, himself, did not like war. Even if it was what he had to face in the future, what he will see constantly, he still doesn't like it at all.

Rain sat down, legs hanging over the edge, as he just watches from a distance, for now at least. "I wonder if they'll survive...?" He asks himself, wondering about the odds. Already now, though, if he were to fight, his wounds would not limit him. They were healed, mostly, bruises and some sore spots remaining, otherwise, nothing crucial.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:58 pm

Auger had finished his daily routine and was setting up camp for the night when he dimly heard someone talking nearby. "Perhaps the winged person has come back. I would like to fight him again...VERY much!" Auger walked towards Rain's general position, images of fighting and carnage exciting him as he walked.
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:22 pm

Rain, in the silence around him, hears someone approaching, but makes no effort to leave or even bring out his weapon just in case. Instead, he just watches the battle in the far off distance. When the person would appear, Rain would still just be staring at the city.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:27 pm

Auger looked at the person in front of him. "Looks like I was wrong. The one I'm looking for has resemblance to him, but this man has nowhere hear the murderous intent the other did." As if suddenly realizing he was there, Auger looked over at rain. "A battle's going on down there, yeah. Seems like a few strong people, holding off a horde of weaklings. I wonder if the strong ones are strong enough to withstand this?"
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:33 pm

"Survive or not, they'll die when the gods interfere." Rain replies plainly, not looking up at Auger at all to know that he was there. "They always interfere, and they bring devastation with them as well. Everywhere they go, nothing but pain and destruction appears in their wake." He says, somewhat sorrowfully it seems, like he empathizes or can relate to such, but still does not like.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:36 pm

"Gods? But that'd spoil my fun. If I lost the strong ones there, who would I fight? For that matter, if it bothers you, why are you so complacent about it? If I had a problem with something like that, I would simply change it."

Last edited by agentaaa on Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:33 am; edited 1 time in total
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Angusm3 Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:24 am

Angus completes his first day of training with near mastery of parrying, "Tomorrow we will finish your lessons with parries and begin counter attacks." Skaer cantered up to them and told them what had just happened. "There hasn't been a fight like that in years! Ahh it brings back memories..." After soon they just went back to their bunk rooms and slept the rest of the night
Angusm3
Angusm3
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:07 am

"Because it's not my fight." He says, standing up now. He looks over at Auger, memorizing how he looks. "But it seems like you're going to make it yours." He comments to him, as he turns around and walks toward the forest behind them. As he would enter it, he would disappear within the shadows.

Jaxe bows before his master, a form of the goddess, Chaos. "Is there something you require?" He asks her, while thinking of how disappointed he is of himself to have to bow before another being. Even if she was a goddess, he didn't care. It was... uncomfortable.

"Yes." She replied plainly, smiling mischievously now. "That fool, Anima, has gotten in our way for the last time. She will attack us soon, and I know where. You, my dear friend, will help destroy her army once more." "As you desire." Jaxe replies, standing up now. "I take it you want no survivors?" He asks, curious, wondering of whether he can just go on a killing spree this time. "We're here to spread disorder, and so, no survivors. Take no prisoners." "Excellent.." Jaxe replies, very much pleased at the circumstances.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:15 am

Auger tsked at Rain, as he walked away. "While he doesn't seem the strongest, I see no reason to avoid a perfectly good fight. I wonder what these gods are? ...Well, people called me the "god of fighting" back on Praaxis, maybe these people are the strongest fighters here." Auger looked over at the chaotic battle currently occuring. "well, my arm isnt up to full capacity, but why not? It seems this fight will be interesting." With those words, Auger jumped off the cliff, heading for the battlefield in front of him.
Meanwhile, Shale quickly headed into the same forest Rain disappeared into, while it seemed he was walking to the outside observer, he actually moved faster than most people would running. "Tch. what a pain in the a** job Anima gave me. She already knows his answer, so why bother asking?" with that thought in mind, he finally caught up to Rain. "Oi, Rain!"
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:46 am

Rain doesn't stop, but he was just casually walking, allowing the other person to catch up rather easily. He obviously heard him, though, given the silence, and the distance between them, but he didn't seem that interested in stopping to hear what he wanted to say, if anything at all.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:51 am

"tch. if I don't properly convey the message, Anima will be annoyed with me. very well." Shale began moving much faster than earlier, catching up to Rain. "Oi, I know you don't want to hear it, and the answer is no anyway, but could you please stop for a minute and politely listen first? If you ignore what I have to say, it's me that gets the flak, ya know?"
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:36 am

Rain stops and turns around to look at the man who kept pestering him. "Alright, what is it you want from me? My sword to call upon?" He asks the man, not particularly happy. "This war is futile, pointless..." Rain didn't seem at all like the warrior he might have been described as being.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:44 am

Shale sighs "Look, I know the answer is no, and I really am sorry for disturbing your peace, but Anima wants me to ask for your help... She is finally goin' on the offensive, and wants to attack a castle of Chaos's. She also wants me to inform you that amongst chaos's defenders is a guy that goes by the name of Jax, or Jaxe, or somethin'. the assaults happenin' in a couple a' days, so just make your decision then. Personally, I wouldn't be fightin' if I wasnt bein' forced to, so it don't bother me if you decide not to. Alright, I'm done disturbing your peace, so i'm off."
With that, Shale left, moving back towards the plains. "I feel sorry for him" Shale remarked to himself "This war ain't something a kid should be thrust into."
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:11 am

Rain "Jaxe... is that name supposed to mean something to me?" He asks no one in particular. "I don't know a Jaxe... Why would a god try to tell me about someone I don't know? Much less use it as to persuade me...?" Rain thinks for several moments, wondering, while his brain tries to piece together a very large puzzle, it seemed, and with little to no success to boot. "This is just too confusing... This war, this person, the gods, they all seem pointless, without reason. Why?"
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:26 am

Auger, meanwhile, finally caught up with the greenskinned creatures known as orcs, as their army retreated.
"You creatures are pathetic. Still, you will serve as a good warm up before I attack the ones within the castle." Auger stated, after jumping right in front of the army. One of the orcs, already frustrated from the loss, and even more irritated by a human boldly insulting him, moved to attack, axe out and ready to cleave auger in two. The orcs barely saw the longsword break first the shaft of the axe, followed by cutting his arm off. "it would be better if you came at me in a group, rather than fighting one by one. Otherwise, this won't even be good enough for morning exercise". auger drew his short blade, and shifted his grip to the chain. "come, now, show me that those large bodies of yours aren't only for show."
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Angusm3 Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:33 am

Angus and Hayle were already well into the subject of counter attacking. Angus had taken well to the theory and had already severely bruised 3 of the students pitted against him. They began begging for him to merely parry their attacks but with wooden swords, "what's the harm?" Angus thought. By midday he had already gone through 7 trainees, now sitting on the bench complaining. "What a bunch of wimps" he breathed to Hayle. "It's not their lack of skill, it's your excess, I taught this to you before if you'll remember." "I guess I retained a lot more than I first thought" Said Angus grinning.
Angusm3
Angusm3
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:02 am

Meanwhile, Auger was finishing up. "I'm disappointed. Judging by your looks, I thought you might have sme skill, but it's obvious-" Auger paused as he cleaved through another orc, while moving away from another orc's strike, in the same movement. "That you creatures simply attack with brute strength. I take it back, this isn't even good enough-" Another orc attacked, one with a white beard and, using swift, controlled swipes,battered Auger's defenses "For morning exercise" As Auger blocked the old orcs strike, he simultaneously chopped off his axe hand. the orc, filled with pain and terror, began to back away, but auger cut off his head with the next strike of his longsword. only a few orcs were left by now, shivering in terror. "Run. I no longer have any desire to fight you trash". Auger said, an expression of utter disgust on his lips. The orcs, grateful for this chance to escape, fled, with the exception of one. This last orc grabbed one of his fallen comrades' axes and began attacking. The Orc actually managed to drive Auger back, and for a few seconds, it was all Auger could do to stop the assault. "You shall pay for my father's death, human!" the orc screamed, lashing out wildly with his axes. "Oh, you are much more skilled than the rest of these creatures. And so young, too...It is a shame I must kill you now, when your abilities have only begun to develop" Auger sighed. "You MONSTER!" The orc screamed at the top of his voice. bellowing a war cry, he brough down both axes in an overhead blow, intending to cut Auger in half. instead, Auger stepped to the orcs side, and brought his longsword right into his neck. the orc's warcry was cut short as he fell to the ground, unconscious. "Father? another strange word I do not know. the people here are weird" Auger remarked, sighing.
He looked back at the orc who was currently face down on the grass "I hit him with the back of the blade, so he will be unconscious for several hours, but he will survive." Augers grin became wide "train, and grow strong. then, seek me out and attempt to kill me. We will have so much fun." With that remark, Auger walked away, seeking his camp "And tomorrow, I attack that castle."
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Angusm3 Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:18 pm

Angus finished up his training, "there is no need for further training, all you need to know you already knew. Consider this a refresher, you are officially graduated."

That night angus, skaer, hayle, and oresia caught up on old times over a bountiful feast. They slept contentedly through the following night.
Angusm3
Angusm3
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:24 pm

Jaxe smiles as he looks at the army Chaos assigned him to. The camp grounds were filled with tents, as more and more creatures, human, elf, or something else, kept appearing. The army kept growing. "This shall be an excellent battle..." He predicts, talking to himself of course. A Judge, one of Chaos's best soldier, walked up to Jaxe. "Everything is set. Soon, Anima's armies will succumb to our discord." He reported to Jaxe. It seemd as if Jaxe was higher up in the command chain, for now at least. "And for my efforts, more power will I obtain, and more chaos shall we spread." He says, continuing the Judge's statement.

"Tomorrow we shall march, to defend our fortress and annihilate the enemy." He says, the Judge just turns around and walks away, not acknowledging that he heard Jaxe. "Hmph. Not even a slight bow. No wonder they call her forces the Chaotic Hordes... They wouldn't recognize their leader if he was a hundred feet tall." He says, smiling, as he laughed lightly, he seemed to find it funny, his situation.

Rain "...I guess I'll go to the city." He says, walking back to the cliff edge. It was morning already. Another day of missed sleep for Rain. "Someday, I'll collapse from exhaustion, but not today." He comments, as his white wings unfold, and he jumps off the cliff, flying roughly only three feet above the ground, and awfully fast too. Like a speeding bullet, he was headed for the city.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:10 pm

Shale observed the forces he was fighting alongside. "So much force... Do we really need all this?" Shale sighed again, lamenting that working to allow life to exist involved so much death "...I really do hate this war.
A blonde haired girl appeaed next to him. all knew of both her beauty and strength, and shale was one of the few who would not instantly stop and bow in her presence. She was the goddess of life, Anima.
"I would like you to lead this battle, Shale."
"er...I am not that good with leading an army, I would only succeed in getting us kill-"
Anima put one finger on his lips, stopping him midsentence "I haven't forgotten that you were one of the generals on your homeworld, you know. Stop shirking your responsibilities"
"fine, then" Shale said reluctantly"...How many do you think we will lose in this battle?"
Anima's mood became sombre "The armies of Chaos are strong, and she will be predicting this attack...".

"Very well, I will do my best to make sure as many survive as possible" Shale said.
Meanwhile, the orc, whose name is Onyx, finally woke up. After dtanding up and seeing his gruesome surroundings, he realizes the full extent of what happened, and surmised that he had been knocked out. He could not find any trace of Auger. "GGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!"
He roared to the heavens, feeling nothing but anger and shame.
I swear on my soul, I will hunt down and kill that warrior, and make him feel the full price for what it is he has done!" Onyx howled. "hmmm...whats that cloud in the sky...?" Onyx mused "seems like the castle is once again besieged...perhaps my people are nearby?" Onyx headed in that direction as best he could, though he remained shaky from the earlier fight.

Auger finally woke up, stifling a yewn. "Man, it feels so good to finally get a great rest. I can head to that castle now.... I hope the battle is as good as expected" Auger looked to the castles and saw a dark cloud on the horizon. "Hmm, from the looks of it, another battle is being fought. This will make it more-" Auger suddenly had an odd feeling of intuition "I cant help but feel that the dark one, with the wings, will be there. A rematch will certainly be in order." Auger's grin widened "After my training, I am much stronger than him in terms of power. You won't be able to run from this fight!"

Last edited by agentaaa on Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Angusm3 Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:22 pm

A dark cloud loomed over the castle, through it poured hordes of Chaos warriors. And then... Chaos herself raged into reality, a dark aura surrounding her. "My loyal people! Evil is upon us!" she said "The armies of Anima loom not far from this outpost. I have brought my finest warriors, and I have... Ahem Convinced the local orc populace to aid us in our struggle."

Skaer stood by solemnly "Why must these gods have their wars? Is there not enough death without their petty feuding?" he said to the quartet. "There is no chance of them succeeding, is there? for Chaos' sake! 5 dragons have come from the cloud since it opened. Who knows how many more lurk in the nether waiting to come through." "Trust me" Said Skaer "I didn't get here by being easy to kill."
Angusm3
Angusm3
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down