Final Exodus: Dark Reality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rinel

3 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Rinel Empty Rinel

Post by agentaaa Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:01 pm

Shale stood waiting, the rain seeming to an observer to fall around him rather than on him, and in truth, that was exactly what was occuring. Shale smiled, waiting for his invitation, of a sort, to be accepted. Rorek had first been noted by Shale as he'd went over records of previous campaigns. The man had a survival instinct that was impeccable, and had made quite the difference in a fair amount of said campaigns. Perfect material for the Rose-thorn unit.
"...But man, I told you to bring a Jacket, Onyx." He commented over to the shivering orc. "How come you're not bugging Kael about it? He didn't bring one either, and I doubt that plate armor keeps the temperature up." Onyx complained. "F-f-fool. Elves don't feel C-cold." Kael retorted, obviously trying and failing not to shiver. "H-how long till he's here?" Kael asked.
"Oh, soon. the records say he's a bit of a punctual fellow." Shale replied, grinning. "let's just wait a little longer..."
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 3631
Location : lol, nice try, police people, you ain't getting it from me so easily
Registration date : 2009-01-13

http://Agentaaa.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Rinel Empty Re: Rinel

Post by Wynn Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:15 pm

agentaaa wrote:Shale stood waiting, the rain seeming to an observer to fall around him rather than on him, and in truth, that was exactly what was occuring. Shale smiled, waiting for his invitation, of a sort, to be accepted. Rorek had first been noted by Shale as he'd went over records of previous campaigns. The man had a survival instinct that was impeccable, and had made quite the difference in a fair amount of said campaigns. Perfect material for the Rose-thorn unit.
"...But man, I told you to bring a Jacket, Onyx." He commented over to the shivering orc. "How come you're not bugging Kael about it? He didn't bring one either, and I doubt that plate armor keeps the temperature up." Onyx complained. "F-f-fool. Elves don't feel C-cold." Kael retorted, obviously trying and failing not to shiver. "H-how long till he's here?" Kael asked.
"Oh, soon. the records say he's a bit of a punctual fellow." Shale replied, grinning. "let's just wait a little longer..."

Before long, a man wearing a cloak over an obvious set of armor beneath it walked toward them. The armor was made of what appeared to be scales and bone, and a shield made of the same material could be seen strapped to his left arm. Under the cloak that hanged from his shoulders, one could see something jutting up over his shoulder, most likely his weapon of choice. As he got closer, the end of a sheathe could be seen just behind his left knee, confirming that it was, indeed, a sword. The cloak would be draped over his head enough so all they could see was a bit of his chin, which was covered in a short, scruffy, black beard with a gray vertical streak. He would stop in front of them for a moment. He seemed somewhat suspicious. "Are you the one that wanted to see me?" He asked. His voice was deep and almost intimidating, yet he didn't seem hostile.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Female Number of posts : 1114
Registration date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:30 pm

Shale smiles, tilting his hat towards the man. "Yeah. Good that ya were punctual. It's never a good thing to be late for your first mission. Those always seem to be the ones that teach ya the most about your comrades..." Shale said, seemingly lost in nostalgia for a second. "Oh! But we don't got time for me to get caught up in memories, I suppose. Chaos has built some fortresses here, underground, in th' hopes of escapin notice from anima. Pretty sneaky, huh?" shale said, grinning, as he held up a seed. "this here's a titania seed. It's known, amongst other things, for having aggressive roots and becoming as large as a skyscraper. What we're going to do is break in there, and plant this seed, before joining the main assault force as they charge the rest of the tunnel network. Not too hard, right?"
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:36 pm

agentaaa wrote:Shale smiles, tilting his hat towards the man. "Yeah. Good that ya were punctual. It's never a good thing to be late for your first mission. Those always seem to be the ones that teach ya the most about your comrades..." Shale said, seemingly lost in nostalgia for a second. "Oh! But we don't got time for me to get caught up in memories, I suppose. Chaos has built some fortresses here, underground, in th' hopes of escapin notice from anima. Pretty sneaky, huh?" shale said, grinning, as he held up a seed. "this here's a titania seed. It's known, amongst other things, for having aggressive roots and becoming as large as a skyscraper. What we're going to do is break in there, and plant this seed, before joining the main assault force as they charge the rest of the tunnel network. Not too hard, right?"

Rorek stared at the seed for a moment, then they could see a slight smirk beneath the hood. Then it went away shortly thereafter. "Do you have a little alcove in the rocks by chance?" He asked in a low tone. "My armor's soaked as it is, and I'd like to get this damn cloak off." He seemed almost somewhat informal in how he spoke, as if the short mission briefing they had just given him was little surprise to him.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:39 pm

"actually, we've already made camp nearby. come, the water's probably ready. I've got the nicest tea blend at the site, I'm sure you'll enjoy it..." Shale said. "And then we can spend some time gettin' to know ya a bit better."
"And you still didn't let me go back and grab a cloak, you jerk..." Onyx grumbled.
"Hmmm, on that note, perhaps we'll tell the story of the winged orc attack..." Shale said, a curious grin on his face.
"Never mind, I have no complaints whatsoever." Onyx sputtered almost as soon as Shale finished his sentence.
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:54 pm

agentaaa wrote:"actually, we've already made camp nearby. come, the water's probably ready. I've got the nicest tea blend at the site, I'm sure you'll enjoy it..." Shale said. "And then we can spend some time gettin' to know ya a bit better."
"And you still didn't let me go back and grab a cloak, you jerk..." Onyx grumbled.
"Hmmm, on that note, perhaps we'll tell the story of the winged orc attack..." Shale said, a curious grin on his face.
"Never mind, I have no complaints whatsoever." Onyx sputtered almost as soon as Shale finished his sentence.

They would actually see Rorek grin underneath his hood. "That sounds great." He said happily. He would readily follow them to the camp whenever they decided to lead him there.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:29 pm

Shale lead them to the campsite, a rough collection of tents, standing around a campfire that strangely made no smoke. in fact, it wasn't even visible to the naked eye till one got close to the campsite. There was also a small basin of water, and several runes inscribed on the fire, in the tents, and on the nearby ground.
"No mansion, but it does just as well." Shale said, removing a kettle from the grating atop the fire. "I've got the tea in my tent. We'll talk there." Shale told him, as Kael and a seemingly frustrated Onyx played rock-paper-scissors nearby. "I'm saying I saw you change from paper to rock! That's cheating!"
"It's not cheating! It's tactics! Tactics"
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:40 pm

agentaaa wrote:Shale lead them to the campsite, a rough collection of tents, standing around a campfire that strangely made no smoke. in fact, it wasn't even visible to the naked eye till one got close to the campsite. There was also a small basin of water, and several runes inscribed on the fire, in the tents, and on the nearby ground.
"No mansion, but it does just as well." Shale said, removing a kettle from the grating atop the fire. "I've got the tea in my tent. We'll talk there." Shale told him, as Kael and a seemingly frustrated Onyx played rock-paper-scissors nearby. "I'm saying I saw you change from paper to rock! That's cheating!"
"It's not cheating! It's tactics! Tactics"

Rorek looked at the two of them and walked over to Kael and Onyx. He put his hand on Kael's shoulder. "Now, now." Rorek said in a friendly voice. "Even in war, there are rules that must be followed." He paused for a moment. "For example: would you burn down a civillian town so an advancing army wouldn't have shelter? Or would that be inhumane to the civilians?" He wouldn't speak in a condescending manner, but would simply point to the fact that there are rules for a reason.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:45 pm

"But what if one evacuates the civilians to a safer place beforehand?" Kael points out. "but alright, Onyx gets the top bunk. I didn't really care anyways. Just make sure not to break it by falling asleep with your axe again."
"For your information, it had nothing to do with my axe! My weight was just too-errr, uhhh, yeah. The axe..." Onyx said, trailing off. "I'll make sure there's no axe in my bunk this time.".
Kael simply shook his head, grinning. "Make sure to leave some of the bacon tomorrow, too.".
"Now, now, don't squabble. I need to make it appear that we have some sort of discipline on occasion, after all." Shale said, grinning. "But we're being rude to our guest. Rorek, right? Tell us a bit about yo'self. I'll let you start where you will on that subject."
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:50 pm

agentaaa wrote:"But what if one evacuates the civilians to a safer place beforehand?" Kael points out. "but alright, Onyx gets the top bunk. I didn't really care anyways. Just make sure not to break it by falling asleep with your axe again."
"For your information, it had nothing to do with my axe! My weight was just too-errr, uhhh, yeah. The axe..." Onyx said, trailing off. "I'll make sure there's no axe in my bunk this time.".
Kael simply shook his head, grinning. "Make sure to leave some of the bacon tomorrow, too.".
"Now, now, don't squabble. I need to make it appear that we have some sort of discipline on occasion, after all." Shale said, grinning. "But we're being rude to our guest. Rorek, right? Tell us a bit about yo'self. I'll let you start where you will on that subject."

Rorek would take off the cloak, revealing the face of an old warrior. His soaked hair drooped into his eyes. He brought both hands up and pushed it back. His hair looked almost like a wolf's mane drawn back. His cheekbones jutted out and his cheeks were very gaunt. He also had a scar over his left eye. Gray streaks could be seen throughout his hair. By his overall facial appearance, one could deduce a Nordic heritage. He sat down on a bench, leaning forward so the sheath for his great sword wouldn't get in the way. He sat there a moment pondering. "What would you like to know?" He inquired.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:54 pm

"I'd like to know what's with that weird ha-Mmmmphhhh.." Onyx was stopped in his comment by shale putting a hand over his face. "forgive him, sometimes his mouth works a little too fast for his mind to catch up." He says. "I'd like to know what world you hailed from, and what ya did that was so good the gods decided to make ya suffer by bringing ya here." Shale asked.
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:04 am

agentaaa wrote:"I'd like to know what's with that weird ha-Mmmmphhhh.." Onyx was stopped in his comment by shale putting a hand over his face. "forgive him, sometimes his mouth works a little too fast for his mind to catch up." He says. "I'd like to know what world you hailed from, and what ya did that was so good the gods decided to make ya suffer by bringing ya here." Shale asked.

Rorek laughed heartily for a moment. "What i did to make the gods bring me here? That's rich!" He laughed a moment more, then stopped and cleared his throat, as if to break an awkward moment.
"I come from a planet called 'New Vega'. I'm actually its emperor. However, I always preferred a more hands-on approach to things, as you can probably tell from my attire. Besides, if I'm going to send men to a dangerous place where they could die, I'm going to lead them into hell personally, not point them to it from a nice, safe throne."
He took a moment to pour himself some tea and took a sip of it, and muttered "mm, that's good." He held the cup of tea with both hands, and let the tea settle and continued.
"As for the subject of how I got here: you kids hit a ball into the window of my universe." He joked. "I felt an immense power coming from a fissure in the earth and I went to investigate. Inside I found a tear in the fabric of space and time and I went through to investigate, against my better judgement. Unfortunately... that ended up being a one-way trip, the portal brought me here, but there was no way back." He took another sip of tea and would let the others speak if they wished to.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:13 am

"Ahhh, I see." Shale said, sipping his tea. "The leader of my world was a hands-on man like yourself, and I must say, I've seen such leaders as better at what they do, and more caring for their people. I wish I'd been able to recognize those as virtues back then, but I really was a stupid kid. Ahhhh..." Shale said, taking another sip.
"I am intrigued by this fissure. As it stands, I remember a couple people coming here similar. One guy with a bad haircut and some great sword skills named Auger, to name one of them, but it's not as uncommon as some would make ya think. I wonder sometimes if the gods themselves lay out those portals like fishing lines of a sort, looking for talent... Ahhhh, but there I go, rambling again. Tell us about your homeworld, and what it's like." Shale finally asked.
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:18 am

agentaaa wrote:"Ahhh, I see." Shale said, sipping his tea. "The leader of my world was a hands-on man like yourself, and I must say, I've seen such leaders as better at what they do, and more caring for their people. I wish I'd been able to recognize those as virtues back then, but I really was a stupid kid. Ahhhh..." Shale said, taking another sip.
"I am intrigued by this fissure. As it stands, I remember a couple people coming here similar. One guy with a bad haircut and some great sword skills named Auger, to name one of them, but it's not as uncommon as some would make ya think. I wonder sometimes if the gods themselves lay out those portals like fishing lines of a sort, looking for talent... Ahhhh, but there I go, rambling again. Tell us about your homeworld, and what it's like." Shale finally asked.

"Honestly?" Rorek began. "It's a [censored] at the moment. We're rebuilding from a very very VERY bad conflict that endangered our entire plain of existence." He took another sip of tea and continued. "However, the people are friendly in general, and we will be a great kingdom once again." He seemed to look forward to the future with great anticipation. He almost seemed excited to return his world to the way it was. "And I must say, in pure honesty, if the gods laid that portal to find my talents, then the gods can go [censored] themselves." He would say it somewhat bitterly, but not directing it at the people in the room. "Considering they're gods, they have to understand leaders have to concern with their own people, too."

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:46 am

"Ahhh, that might be true of Anima, and it's a part of Aeon's paradigm to understand that, but... Chaos doesn't seem to care about such things, and Exitius is pretty committed to his goal. To be fair, given he wants to kill everyone, I doubt he cares if a leader's taken away or not in the first place." Shale said. "Even he's not all bad though. None of the gods are. But people make the mistake of forgetting they're people too. Perfect beings don't squabble like this, to be sure, and they've shown their own errors in judgement.". Shale said, shaking his head. "I think the ol' sayin' in my world was clusterfuck, for a situation like this, and I can't deny, that's what it seems t' be."
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:50 am

agentaaa wrote:"Ahhh, that might be true of Anima, and it's a part of Aeon's paradigm to understand that, but... Chaos doesn't seem to care about such things, and Exitius is pretty committed to his goal. To be fair, given he wants to kill everyone, I doubt he cares if a leader's taken away or not in the first place." Shale said. "Even he's not all bad though. None of the gods are. But people make the mistake of forgetting they're people too. Perfect beings don't squabble like this, to be sure, and they've shown their own errors in judgement.". Shale said, shaking his head. "I think the ol' sayin' in my world was clusterfuck, for a situation like this, and I can't deny, that's what it seems t' be."

Rorek would grin, then raise his right hand and draw his greatsword. He brought it out in front of him as he stood up and stabbed it a couple inches into the ground. Even while dug a bit into the ground, it was still as tall as Rorek was, and he stood at 6' 4''. Despite being old, he had the mischievous grin of a child planning a prank. "Well, I guess I'll have to teach Chaos and Exitus a lesson. I helped slay a god once." He grinned a moment silently, then continued to say "But I need help from some friends, where oh where could I find some of those?" He would obviously be poking fun at all of them in saying this.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:49 am

"Ahhh, it wouldn't be good to bring that out here. the rain and mud might rust it." Onyx noted. "My, my, so hotblooded." Shale said. "I think that we'll get along just-" He stopped as a horn sounded in the distance. "Ahhh, no time to slow down. Finish your cup and saddle up. It seems phase one of the op'rations begun." Shale said, sighing. "there's so little time to relax, nowadays."
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:27 pm

agentaaa wrote:"Ahhh, it wouldn't be good to bring that out here. the rain and mud might rust it." Onyx noted. "My, my, so hotblooded." Shale said. "I think that we'll get along just-" He stopped as a horn sounded in the distance. "Ahhh, no time to slow down. Finish your cup and saddle up. It seems phase one of the op'rations begun." Shale said, sighing. "there's so little time to relax, nowadays."

Rorek would quickly pull the end of his sword out of the muck and wiped the mud off as the horn sounded. "I wouldn't worry too much about it rusting," Rorek began. "The thing was forged by an angel and demon working cooperatively. This metal ain't rusting any time soon." He grinned, and still maintained his demeanor that he had had so far despite the war horn having been blown. He rested the broadside of his sword on his shoulder and then said, "Let's get goin'."

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:04 am

"So eager." Shale said, sitting for a moment as he finished his cup. "alright, let's go." He said. Onyx and Kael soon ran behind him at a jogging speed. Shale somehow kept up with both, despite the fact that he actually seemed to be walking at a relaxed clip. onyx pulled his axe from his back, while Kael left his hand on the hilt of his blade. Shale seemed to make no motion for his own weapon, however.
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:18 am

agentaaa wrote:"So eager." Shale said, sitting for a moment as he finished his cup. "alright, let's go." He said. Onyx and Kael soon ran behind him at a jogging speed. Shale somehow kept up with both, despite the fact that he actually seemed to be walking at a relaxed clip. onyx pulled his axe from his back, while Kael left his hand on the hilt of his blade. Shale seemed to make no motion for his own weapon, however.

Rorek would follow them wherever they would lead him, having no idea where to go by himself. However, he would follow closely, he was ready for the fight at any moment.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:12 pm

Shale Suddenly stopped, Kael and Onyx soon following suit, looking in confusin at their master. "What is it, commander?" Kael asked warily, looking around.
"...She is here."
"She?" Onyx asked.
"I know her aura a bit better than mos, since I once was in combat with her... but I didn't think she'd appear now of all times... Chaos." Shale said in disbelief. "...If Anima doesn't come to help us, and do so soon, we'll all be lost."
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:13 am

agentaaa wrote:Shale Suddenly stopped, Kael and Onyx soon following suit, looking in confusin at their master. "What is it, commander?" Kael asked warily, looking around.
"...She is here."
"She?" Onyx asked.
"I know her aura a bit better than mos, since I once was in combat with her... but I didn't think she'd appear now of all times... Chaos." Shale said in disbelief. "...If Anima doesn't come to help us, and do so soon, we'll all be lost."

"Oh, please..." Rorek chuckled. "We don't need a god to clean up a child's mess that is chaos... we practice it on a daily basis, do we not?" He did not seem the least bit intimidated by the fact that one of the gods was directly involved here.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by devilslayer Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:16 am

"So you are the warriors iv'e been tracking for four days, talking about killing Chaos, I thought you would have more sense than that" I say quietly looking at the disbelieve on the faces of the group as they see me standing a few feet away from them," it wasn't too hard tracking you all, you left many signs around it was almost as if you wanted to be followed, a piece of bread here, tracks there, the signs were everywhere. Even then, I thought there would be no talk of fighting Chaos, of course I knew she was here But fighting her, You are going to need more than you have here" *i gesture towards your group* "I would like to join you, at least until chaos is dead"
devilslayer
devilslayer
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Female Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2011-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:16 am

devilslayer wrote:"So you are the warriors iv'e been tracking for four days, talking about killing Chaos, I thought you would have more sense than that" I say quietly looking at the disbelieve on the faces of the group as they see me standing a few feet away from them," it wasn't too hard tracking you all, you left many signs around it was almost as if you wanted to be followed, a piece of bread here, tracks there, the signs were everywhere. Even then, I thought there would be no talk of fighting Chaos, of course I knew she was here But fighting her, You are going to need more than you have here" *i gesture towards your group* "I would like to join you, at least until chaos is dead"

Rorek grinned at the idea of him joining in. "So you wish to make this fight EVEN MORE one-sided?" He turned and looked at the field in front of them. "I dont know if gods have anyone to pray to, but if they do, Chaos better start."

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by devilslayer Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:40 am

"HAHA, I like your attitude. I am Fortonis, hand picked warrior of Exitius, pleasure meeting you" *i extend my hand towards Rorek*
devilslayer
devilslayer
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Female Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2011-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next