Final Exodus: Dark Reality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Novam Initium

3 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Novam Initium Empty Novam Initium

Post by agentaaa Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:15 pm

Shel wearily walked home, satchel of medicinal salves and herbs she'd collected ready to bring to her village. She sighed at the thought of what her village had become - and how she was now the last of the medicine women of her tribe. Warlock magics had taken definite root in her hometown, and while not everyone turned from the old ways in favor of the demonic magic, a good portion of them certainly had. "oh, all-father, give me a sign, something to show that not all is darkness, and that the light may yet glow and spread once more." Shel Pleaded, looking up to the sky, as tears ran down her cheeks, the stress building within the old orc woman finally being released.
Shel asked for a sign, and, seeing a twinkling in the sky, she soon wished she hadn't. A ball of flame and rock headed towards the planet, blazing brightly with an orange light. Hitting the ground, the massive meteor revealed itself to be incredibly large, creating a massive crater where it hit. though Shel was not near the impact site, the shockwave nonetheless shook her off her feet. Then, the crater, as quickly as it hit, seemed to disappear and crumble, as a massive blue light shot from the heavens, striking and dissolving the meteor in a massive burst of energy.
And that energy was what finally revealed the world of Novam Initium to the universe...
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 3631
Location : lol, nice try, police people, you ain't getting it from me so easily
Registration date : 2009-01-13

http://Agentaaa.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Novam Initium Empty Re: Novam Initium

Post by Wynn Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:12 pm

Wynn was dropped by the portal she had used to come to this world at the edge of a forest near a city. She looked around and knew that this world was out of place within Avalon.
Did one of the gods summon an ENTIRE world? She thought to herself.
She walked toward the nearest gate, hoping she wouldn't be stopped for carrying all of her weapons with her.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Female Number of posts : 1114
Registration date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:30 am

Fas stood up slowly, shaking himself from the impact crater he was in. "what... where am I? How am I here?" the boy said. He appeared to be wearing a gray hoodie and blue jeans - the standard fashion for his home. looking around, he saw the wreckage of a small hut nearby. "[censored], I hope nobody thinks I did this... I don't wanna go to jail for something I didn't even do..." Fas says, suddenly worried. Suddenly, nearby he sees movement, as a being with black wings appears. "Come with us. Exitius requires your presence." The being said, in fact a reaper, drawing his blade. Several more appeared behind him. "We were instructed to bring you consentually if we could, or by force if we could not. It matters not to us either way." the being told them.
"w-what? What are you?" Fas said, backing away from them. In panic, he reached down and quickly grabbed the first thing he saw - a round table end with a nail near the top of it, a little shorter than a sword. "Y-you better not mess with me..." Fas bluffed, a bad course of action, but one he could find no better of in his panicked state.
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:53 am

agentaaa wrote:Fas stood up slowly, shaking himself from the impact crater he was in. "what... where am I? How am I here?" the boy said. He appeared to be wearing a gray hoodie and blue jeans - the standard fashion for his home. looking around, he saw the wreckage of a small hut nearby. "[censored], I hope nobody thinks I did this... I don't wanna go to jail for something I didn't even do..." Fas says, suddenly worried. Suddenly, nearby he sees movement, as a being with black wings appears. "Come with us. Exitius requires your presence." The being said, in fact a reaper, drawing his blade. Several more appeared behind him. "We were instructed to bring you consentually if we could, or by force if we could not. It matters not to us either way." the being told them.
"w-what? What are you?" Fas said, backing away from them. In panic, he reached down and quickly grabbed the first thing he saw - a round table end with a nail near the top of it, a little shorter than a sword. "Y-you better not mess with me..." Fas bluffed, a bad course of action, but one he could find no better of in his panicked state.

Wynn heard some commotion off to one side and immediately ducked behind a tree for cover. She leaned around its trunk ever so slightly to get a view on what was going on. She spotted Fas and the creatures that were attempting to apprehend him. Seeing this, Wynn's first thoughts were to leave him to his fate, and that it was no concern of hers. However, these creatures did seem to represent the other 'deathly entity' that her master's powers had been locked by, so that was out of the question.
In a few swift motions, she climbed silently up the tree and began running along the branches of the forest to get a view directly above them. She took note of all the reapers' positions and prepared to strike. She drew a pair of arrows and drew string on her bow and lined them up to eliminate the pair of reapers closest to Fas immediately. She took one deep breath, then let the arrows fly.
Without waiting to see if her initial shot had landed, she dropped down while drawing another set of arrows. She turned and let them fly at the other reapers behind him. With her now-free hand, she reached to her side to grab a pair of knives, then turned and flung them at the original reapers she had fired at initially to ensure they had gone down. She would complete all these actions in the space of only one to two seconds.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:02 am

both reapers were hit by the arrows, one falling dead instantly, while the other, despite the arrow lodged deep in his neck, seemed alive and moving still. The other reapers would strike out at Wynn with blinding magic, but as their casting would be interrupted by Wynn's strikes, it would do little other than slightly dim her vision. the arrows took out one of the reapers, but the others, though injured, seemed to be unaffected by pain, and charged, their speed enhanced by the wings they used to increase their dashing speed, but at the same time leaving them vulnerable and unable to stop. The knives, of course, had injured the last reaper, but still, inexorably, he moved.
"I will take you with me, as my brothers stall this one, and you will serve Exitius."
"Get away from me!" Fas replied, backing away from his opponent, only to find a large rock behind him. Yet, despite his fear, he couldn't help but observing his would-be savior's movements, as she fought the nearby reapers. "Is this really what a human is capable of?" he thought to himself.
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:55 am

Wynn quickly looked all around her to take in what was going on around her. She turned to the closest reaper and brought her left arm up and stopped the incoming scythe swing with the metal plates on the outside of her gauntlet as it attacked, then ejected the hidden blade in her right gauntlet and plunged the blade into the reaper's eye, likely killing it instantly. Regardless, she would rip the scythe from its grip, then turn and deflect the next reaper's attack and forced him back, knocking him over. She turned to look over her shoulder to make sure she had anticipated the last two reaper's positions correctly, then turned and swung the scythe wide, killing the first reaper, then brought the scythe upward in the opposite direction to counter the fourth reaper's attack. She then dropped the scythe and drew her bladed staff, and turned to the reaper she knocked down a moment ago and brought the staff up and aimed it. She then threw it at his neck. This would end up piercing his neck and pin him to the tree behind him. He would be alive for the time being however.
Once Wynn was satisfied that the reapers had been subdued, she strode over to Fas and grabbed the collar of his shirt with both hands.
"What does Exitus want with you?" She said coldly. Despite the fact she was wearing a hood, Fas would see her gray-blue eyes and some white hair hanging down between them. If Fas were to meet her gaze, he would feel a wintery chill just from doing so.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:04 pm

"I don't even know who Exitius is! I just wanna get back home!" Fas complained, completely out of his element here. He had no idea how to handle such a strange situation as this. To Wynn's eyes, he would appear both disshevelled and terrified to the verge of fainting, to say nothing of his lack of musculature and strength.
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:11 pm

agentaaa wrote:"I don't even know who Exitius is! I just wanna get back home!" Fas complained, completely out of his element here. He had no idea how to handle such a strange situation as this. To Wynn's eyes, he would appear both disshevelled and terrified to the verge of fainting, to say nothing of his lack of musculature and strength.

Wynn turned and stared at the reaper she had left alive. She released her grip on Fas, disregarding whether or not he would fall over. She strode over to the reaper that was pinned to the tree, drew her dagger, then slashed a very deep gouge across his face. It wasn't a lethal blow, but would be extremely painful.
"What does Exitus want with the kid?" Wynn said very calmly and matter of factually as if she were having a regular conversation. She tightened her grip on her knife, fully expecting the reaper to be uncooperative.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:55 pm

Fas fell over with a thump, knocked off his feet by the rough impact to the ground. The being of Exitius looking at her did not reply, but from a distance away, another did. "An ant, wishing to know the mind of a god. That's something I didn't expect. Nonetheless, I'd ask you let go of my subordinate and leave. My mission doesn't involve you whatsoever." Efah stated, the dark portal behind him closing as he strode through. "though you may wish to leave this world. It will soon be a much harsher place for one who does not follow Exitius." Efah finished, inclining his head.
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:01 pm

agentaaa wrote:Fas fell over with a thump, knocked off his feet by the rough impact to the ground. The being of Exitius looking at her did not reply, but from a distance away, another did. "An ant, wishing to know the mind of a god. That's something I didn't expect. Nonetheless, I'd ask you let go of my subordinate and leave. My mission doesn't involve you whatsoever." Efah stated, the dark portal behind him closing as he strode through. "though you may wish to leave this world. It will soon be a much harsher place for one who does not follow Exitius." Efah finished, inclining his head.

Wynn turned and looked at Efah briefly, before she turned back to the reaper and sank her dagger into the reaper's skull, killing him instantly. She then quickly drew five throwing knives, turned, and threw them at Efah in a blindingly fast-motion. She would continue her spin, to turn back to face the reaper's corpse and tore the sword staff from his throat and prepared herself for an attack from Efah.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:12 pm

Wynn's throwing knives were stopped as Efah brought up a wall of darkness that did not entirely stop them, but dramatically slowed their movement, as though they were moving through sludge, before they finally tore through, stopping on the ground just in front of Efah. "That would be unwise, Wynn. Our records show you to be quite accomplished, but you're a bad match for me. Are you really going to let yourself get injured or killed for one kid? Even if you beat me, it will be with wounds that leave you vulnerable on a hostile world." Efah reasoned.
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:22 pm

agentaaa wrote:Wynn's throwing knives were stopped as Efah brought up a wall of darkness that did not entirely stop them, but dramatically slowed their movement, as though they were moving through sludge, before they finally tore through, stopping on the ground just in front of Efah. "That would be unwise, Wynn. Our records show you to be quite accomplished, but you're a bad match for me. Are you really going to let yourself get injured or killed for one kid? Even if you beat me, it will be with wounds that leave you vulnerable on a hostile world." Efah reasoned.

Wynn shook her head slightly. "I'm not here for him..." She replied in a low tone. She split the staff in two, and sheathed the blades. "What is this place? Who the hell are you? And what does Exitus want?" She took a few steps forward toward Efah as she spoke, showing a disregard for how powerful he may or may not be. Although she had no apparent power that Efah could sense, he would likely be able to see the shadow of death looming over her. Not Exitus, but rather the shadow of another Deathly entity.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:29 pm

"A world that, until recently, has been hidden from the gods. It's normally not my conduct to give out such intelligence, but all 4 major players know, so it's of little consequence you do too. It's a large planet, inhabited by a very populous race identifying themselves as orcs. Quite unusual, and certainly a potent prize that all four gods must surely admire. I suspect it's only a matter of time before the four send in hosts of troops to decimate it. As for who I am... I am known as Efah, a lieutenant of Exitius's. There's little else about me that would interest you. and as for what Exitius wants, I believe that's already been demonstrated - he wants that man there, for his own purposes." Efah told her.
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:35 pm

agentaaa wrote:"A world that, until recently, has been hidden from the gods. It's normally not my conduct to give out such intelligence, but all 4 major players know, so it's of little consequence you do too. It's a large planet, inhabited by a very populous race identifying themselves as orcs. Quite unusual, and certainly a potent prize that all four gods must surely admire. I suspect it's only a matter of time before the four send in hosts of troops to decimate it. As for who I am... I am known as Efah, a lieutenant of Exitius's. There's little else about me that would interest you. and as for what Exitius wants, I believe that's already been demonstrated - he wants that man there, for his own purposes." Efah told her.

Wynn drew her bow and an arrow that she quickly coated in a red watery substance. She put the arrow on the string and stared Efah down, but didn't bring it to bear immediately. She quickly raised her bow, drew string, then let the arrow fly. It would sink right into Fas' leg. "If you want to even have a chance at getting the kid, leave. That arrow had a poison on it that will kill him in minutes. Want me to cure him? Then you'd best leave until I'm done here." She stated harshly. She had just turned Fas into a bargaining chip of sorts. "I suggest you make your choice quickly. A kid his size probably has two minutes at most."

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:40 pm

Fas screamed loudly as the arrow sunk into his leg. Having no resistance to pain, as he had had no real experience with it, this was his first-ever major injury.
Efah's expression stayed motionless despite this. "very well, I'll give you this temporary berth. In truth, it doesn't matter - all things come to exitius, in time." Efah told her bluntly, as a portal of dark energy appeared behind him, where he promptly disappeared inside of.
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:46 pm

agentaaa wrote:Fas screamed loudly as the arrow sunk into his leg. Having no resistance to pain, as he had had no real experience with it, this was his first-ever major injury.
Efah's expression stayed motionless despite this. "very well, I'll give you this temporary berth. In truth, it doesn't matter - all things come to exitius, in time." Efah told her bluntly, as a portal of dark energy appeared behind him, where he promptly disappeared inside of.

Wynn put her bow away and walked over to Fas. She ripped the arrow out fast and put it back into her quiver. "Get up." She ordered harshly as she grabbed his arm and pulled him to his feet. She did not seem to care in the slightest that he had just been injured.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:56 pm

"You shot me..." Fas mumbled, as he nonetheless followed her instructions and got to his feet, clearly in shock. his legs barely held underneath him as they shivered.
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:08 pm

agentaaa wrote:"You shot me..." Fas mumbled, as he nonetheless followed her instructions and got to his feet, clearly in shock. his legs barely held underneath him as they shivered.

"Quit your whining, or I'll shoot you again." Wynn grumbled. She looked at the city gate she had originally planned to go through. "We need to find a hiding space, let's get in the city." She turned and looked at his wound. "But first..." She drew another vial. "Brace yourself." She splashed the substance on the wound. It would be a small area around the wound, but it would burn like acid for a moment, and be very painful. The corrosion stopped quickly, but the pain remained excruciating. "If you wanna scream, go ahead. Make sure you complain about the burn." She let him lean on her shoulder as they walked toward the gate.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:26 pm

"Aghhhhh! Why...." Fas attempted to finish his sentence, but the pain and exhaustion of the battle was too much for him, mentally, more than physically, and he stopped speaking altogether, focusing on walking despite his injured leg, which he seemed to be slightly capable of.
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:39 pm

agentaaa wrote:"Aghhhhh! Why...." Fas attempted to finish his sentence, but the pain and exhaustion of the battle was too much for him, mentally, more than physically, and he stopped speaking altogether, focusing on walking despite his injured leg, which he seemed to be slightly capable of.

Wynn would help him walk to the gate of the city. Once they had gotten to the gate, she stopped and turned to one of the guards.
"There's a deathly-pale man looking for this kid. He had dark eyes, and wore chain and leather armor." She turned Fas so that the guard could see the leg. The acidic solution Wynn had splashed on the arrow wound had changed the look of his leg enough that the guard would likely buy into her next statement. "He shot fire from his hands, he's like a demon from hell. Get ready, because he said he wouldn't stop until he was dead. I need to get the kid to the hospital." She would then walk him through the gate.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:52 pm

The guard, a burly orc nearly twice Wynn's size, thoughtfully regarded her complaint. "hmmm, is that so? I know not your races, strangers, but so long as you don't intend harm towards us, we will protect you from this demon who caused this. Go in peace." The orc told her, motioning the gate to open, as a single orc pulled up the wooden stakes, allowing them into the orcish town. Many circular buildings appeared inside the area, made of wood and marked in red. the other noticable tihng was the people - most of them were orcs, and massive as that implies, but some were even larger, half-ogres, many of which tended to massive wolves. Nearby, an odd kennel of sorts appeared to actually hold many of the creatures, wolves easily the size of a horse. Most seemed as peaceful as the orcs inside, however, relaxedly going about their business. It was an idyllic setting. Wynn would find her focus shifting towards a smaller hut with a magical feel of it. "come here, child, that I might heal his ailments." she would hear, as an old orc came out of the hut, old and female. Her white hair trailed nearly to the ground, and one of her eyes appeared to have a milkiness to it, but her voice was both even and calming, and she herself would feel calming to wynn, a result of sitting near such a font of shamanic power.
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:00 pm

agentaaa wrote:The guard, a burly orc nearly twice Wynn's size, thoughtfully regarded her complaint. "hmmm, is that so? I know not your races, strangers, but so long as you don't intend harm towards us, we will protect you from this demon who caused this. Go in peace." The orc told her, motioning the gate to open, as a single orc pulled up the wooden stakes, allowing them into the orcish town. Many circular buildings appeared inside the area, made of wood and marked in red. the other noticable tihng was the people - most of them were orcs, and massive as that implies, but some were even larger, half-ogres, many of which tended to massive wolves. Nearby, an odd kennel of sorts appeared to actually hold many of the creatures, wolves easily the size of a horse. Most seemed as peaceful as the orcs inside, however, relaxedly going about their business. It was an idyllic setting. Wynn would find her focus shifting towards a smaller hut with a magical feel of it. "come here, child, that I might heal his ailments." she would hear, as an old orc came out of the hut, old and female. Her white hair trailed nearly to the ground, and one of her eyes appeared to have a milkiness to it, but her voice was both even and calming, and she herself would feel calming to wynn, a result of sitting near such a font of shamanic power.

Wynn met the Shaman's gaze and stared with a level of doubt, but upon having another look around, she didn't have much other choice. She walked Fas over to the Shaman.
"He's burned severely! A demon attacked us!" Wynn said. Although she was not worried in the slightest, and frankly didn't care much for Fas' well-being, she put on a facade of a worried friend and spoke quickly with a tinge of panic in her voice to hide that fact.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:05 pm

"these eyes aren't so bad that I can't see the marks of a burn just yet." she said with a shallow chuckle. "bring him in, then - this isn't beyond my power."
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:10 pm

agentaaa wrote:"these eyes aren't so bad that I can't see the marks of a burn just yet." she said with a shallow chuckle. "bring him in, then - this isn't beyond my power."

Wynn walked him into the house and found a chair for him to sit on. As she did so he would hear her mutter, "Hopefully, the guards will deter that [censored]..."

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:14 pm

"That's not right - get him to a bed!" The old woman would tell her sharply, indicating a nearby bed with her wrinkled finger. The inside of the hut would be quite well-lit, and a pair of orcs were sitting in some of the nearby beds, as it seemed a quintet of them lined the hut. "And while you're at it, you might want to grab a seat yourself, afterwards - burns take some time to heal." she would tell wynn.
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content