Final Exodus: Dark Reality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Novam Initium

3 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Novam Initium - Page 2 Empty Novam Initium

Post by agentaaa Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:15 pm

First topic message reminder :

Shel wearily walked home, satchel of medicinal salves and herbs she'd collected ready to bring to her village. She sighed at the thought of what her village had become - and how she was now the last of the medicine women of her tribe. Warlock magics had taken definite root in her hometown, and while not everyone turned from the old ways in favor of the demonic magic, a good portion of them certainly had. "oh, all-father, give me a sign, something to show that not all is darkness, and that the light may yet glow and spread once more." Shel Pleaded, looking up to the sky, as tears ran down her cheeks, the stress building within the old orc woman finally being released.
Shel asked for a sign, and, seeing a twinkling in the sky, she soon wished she hadn't. A ball of flame and rock headed towards the planet, blazing brightly with an orange light. Hitting the ground, the massive meteor revealed itself to be incredibly large, creating a massive crater where it hit. though Shel was not near the impact site, the shockwave nonetheless shook her off her feet. Then, the crater, as quickly as it hit, seemed to disappear and crumble, as a massive blue light shot from the heavens, striking and dissolving the meteor in a massive burst of energy.
And that energy was what finally revealed the world of Novam Initium to the universe...
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 3631
Location : lol, nice try, police people, you ain't getting it from me so easily
Registration date : 2009-01-13

http://Agentaaa.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Novam Initium - Page 2 Empty Re: Novam Initium

Post by Wynn Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:24 pm

agentaaa wrote:"That's not right - get him to a bed!" The old woman would tell her sharply, indicating a nearby bed with her wrinkled finger. The inside of the hut would be quite well-lit, and a pair of orcs were sitting in some of the nearby beds, as it seemed a quintet of them lined the hut. "And while you're at it, you might want to grab a seat yourself, afterwards - burns take some time to heal." she would tell wynn.

Wynn would quickly get him back up and brought Fas over to the bed and helped him up into it. While she kept the overall body language of someone who was in a frantic hurry, Fas would likely notice a very calm, and perhaps even bored expression on Wynn's face beneath her hood if he were to look up at her at all. She walked out into the other room and spotted a bookshelf in the room. She walked over to it and looked at the titles of the books. One that caught her eye was a book about remedies and medicines.
Wynn took it off the shelf and carried it over to a table and opened it and began reading it in a calm silence, taking in every word and mixture in the pages she read.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Female Number of posts : 1114
Registration date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:29 pm

Despite Wynn's alertness, she would be surprised as the old woman would suddenly say in a low voice behind her. "So, why don't you tell me the real story behind what's going on? I know the difference between the aura of a panicked soul and the mere pretense of it, after eighty years alive."
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:37 pm

agentaaa wrote:Despite Wynn's alertness, she would be surprised as the old woman would suddenly say in a low voice behind her. "So, why don't you tell me the real story behind what's going on? I know the difference between the aura of a panicked soul and the mere pretense of it, after eighty years alive."

Wynn wouldn't flinch or jump like a regular person would when startled, but her hand darted for her knife as she turned to look at the Shaman. When she realized there was no threat.
She sighed, "Yeah, I kind of figured you'd call me out on that..." Wynn said in a somewhat submissive tone. It'd be clear to the Shaman Wynn had actually expected her to know that she was lying. "I cant tell you everything... but I can tell you that it was necessary. We weren't attacked by a demon, but we were confronted by one. He, and his cohorts wanted that boy, for whatever reason. So I did what was necessary to get him and I out of the situation alive."

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:04 pm

"Well, you're telling the same story he did, so I suppose that it doesn't matter. I just wanted to see if you were being truthful." a second after saying that and likely seeing a reaction from Wynn, she would continue "Oh, not consciously. That boy already wouldn't think of betraying you, though he believes otherwise. It's simply that he's untrained in dealing with telepathy, and was already asleep." she told her.

"It was a good thing you did, bringing him here. I don't fully understand the situation, but I know that boy doesn't deserve to be handed over to those fiends.
Nonetheless, I wish to know
whether you know what that fighter can do. The boy has sensing, though he doesn't understand it, yet, and from what I could tell that warrior has the combined power of half my men in him. If you have knowledge on him that could help us, particularly if he comes here with soldiers, I would hope you'd be kind enough to tell us. We already have one threat living here. I'd rather we not be caught unprepared against a second."
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:38 pm

agentaaa wrote:"Well, you're telling the same story he did, so I suppose that it doesn't matter. I just wanted to see if you were being truthful." a second after saying that and likely seeing a reaction from Wynn, she would continue "Oh, not consciously. That boy already wouldn't think of betraying you, though he believes otherwise. It's simply that he's untrained in dealing with telepathy, and was already asleep." she told her.

"It was a good thing you did, bringing him here. I don't fully understand the situation, but I know that boy doesn't deserve to be handed over to those fiends.
Nonetheless, I wish to know
whether you know what that fighter can do. The boy has sensing, though he doesn't understand it, yet, and from what I could tell that warrior has the combined power of half my men in him. If you have knowledge on him that could help us, particularly if he comes here with soldiers, I would hope you'd be kind enough to tell us. We already have one threat living here. I'd rather we not be caught unprepared against a second."

Wynn shrugged. "All I can tell you is he's an [censored], and he's arrogant as hell." Wynn replied bluntly. "I chose to force his hand and dodge fighting him all together." She stopped for a moment looking back down at the book. "Well, I can think of a way to prepare for him..." She stood up from the chair quickly. "Do you have any books on the local flora? I might be able to make a poison to combat him with."
------------------------------------------

Xaldius walked on a road toward a city, looking around for any kind of indicator as to who brought this world to Avalon. He began walking toward a small village in the middle of nowhere. His presence would definitely be out of place. He strode into the village silently, aside from his greaves clanking with every step. While he acted relatively harmless, the combination of the black, demonic armor, torn red cape, and just a murderous vibe would be glaringly apparent to anyone who saw him.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:25 pm

"of course, dear. It's hardly as though I can stop you from using them, after all.
Third shelf down is most of the herbal books. My stores are in the back-room. It'd be best if you use those, as the recent fighting has left the land somewhat barren..." the old woman informed her, shaking her head at that last comment. "Orc against orc - what fools!" The old woman's face scrunched up, as though holding back tears, before she left Wynn to whatever she decided to do.
"Feeling a little better, my dear?" The woman asked of Fas.
"I..." Fas didn't know what to say. His entire world had been torn away from him, and he'd experienced his first lessons in a harsh life. Yet, for some reason he found his calm, and finished his sentence. "As well as I can be." He said solemnly.
"Child, Would you please sit calmly with me?" The old woman asked.
"Yes, doctor." He said, not quite knowing what to call her.
"Not 'doctor' I'm a shaman. We commune with the spirits of the elements, in order to draw forth their strength."
"Wait, like magic? That's not rea...." Fas stopped mid-sentence, considering the day's events.
"It seems you already know the falsehood of that statement." The old woman continued with a chuckle. "As for whether it is magic - yes and no. We do not control things, as a warlock would, we merely ask the elements for their aid, and await their response. Such are the ways we've learned for millenia, in order to keep our people safe."
"I'm not sure I understand."
"Well, perhaps doing might show you more than just hearing of." The woman told him.
"You mean - be a maman?" Fas asked.
"Shaman, my dear. and whether you choose to be one will be your choice, and not one I would push you into making now. But there are basics that go into all metaphysical practices, which you might wish to practice right now. If, of course, you wish to." the woman told him. "They may also help you sort out your mind, given it seems that right now it's rather unsorted."
Fas sat for many moments on the bed, considering what he was told. "...I'll do it" he said after many moments, considering what he had heard.
"Very well then, we may begin right now. start by clearing your mind of all thought..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

"What business you have here, stranger!" The orc at the gate would snarl. Unlike other orcs, his eyes had a fiery red quality to them, wisps of energy coming out of here. "You can't enter our lands without the warlocks permission!" the orc yelled. Also unlike the orcs near the other gate, this orc wore not padded leather for armor, but spiked metal with enlarged shoulderplates, though without helm. His axe's head was as broad as his chest, and his yellowed fangs had a smirk of anticipation curled around them.
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:38 pm

Wynn walked over to the bookshelf and took the book that the Shaman had spoke of and read through a page of it. Wynn smirked slightly. This is exactly the kind of tome she had been looking for the last few days. She closed the book and walked into the room where Fas and the Shaman were.
"I'm going to try to find some of these plants. I'll return in a while." She said. She would turn and walk out of the room and eventually out of the house. She went back out into the forest and began studying the plants all around for hours using the book as a reference.
--------------------------------
Xaldius stared up at the orc. Despite being half its size, he simply saw the guard as an annoyance.
"FUS RO DAH!!" He shouted in a deep, demonic voice. A thunderous explosion of sound would nearly deafen any other nearby orcs, as the one who had stopped Xaldius would be sent flying back by a seemingly invisible force. He would smash through the gate and keep going before sliding along the ground a short distance.
Xaldius slowly turned his gaze to the other guard and met his gaze. Two blood red lights began glowing in the eye holes where the eyes would be if the inside of the helmet weren't entirely pitch black. He seemed to be challenging the orc to try and stop him.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:57 pm

-----------------

The orc seemed to almost back off, for a moment, in fear of the stranger, before his eyes seemed to flash, and he lost himself to the bloodlust, swinging his massive axe at the stranger while uttering a war-cry. Xaldius might notice a faint hint of magical energy when the eyes flash, as the demonic blood in the orcs veins sent him to a frenzy
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:07 pm

agentaaa wrote:

-----------------

The orc seemed to almost back off, for a moment, in fear of the stranger, before his eyes seemed to flash, and he lost himself to the bloodlust, swinging his massive axe at the stranger while uttering a war-cry. Xaldius might notice a faint hint of magical energy when the eyes flash, as the demonic blood in the orcs veins sent him to a frenzy

Xaldius brought his left hand up and smacked the side of the axe with quick a quick, but extremely heavy blow, causing the shaft between the handle and the head to snap in half. In the same motion he had brought his right hand back at an angle as if winding up for a punch, however in the very brief moment before the attack, black flame erupted in his palm, then spread out and created a crimson greatsword that he thrust into the orc's abdomen. He then forced the orc down on his back and held him pinned to the ground for a moment, then twisted the blade. As he did so, black ice would begin crystallizing and spreading outward from the wound. In a few short moments, it consumed the orc's entire body and left him encased in the dark frost.
With the second orc taken down, he looked around at any of the townspeople or other guards that may have come to witness this. He lifted his sword up and rested it on his shoulder and began striding into town very calmly, but he turned his gaze at each orc he passed, making a silent death threat to them, should they decide to try their luck as well.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:24 pm

Tsubasa sat on a stump in the nearby meadow, enjoying the sweet smell in the air as the sap ran from the trees. this was one of the few areas not rendered barren by the wars between the orc people, and it seemed almost idyllic, with it's small stream and many-colored flowers. He sighed, as he knew he'd have to make a decision soon. It was not his way to stop too long at any time or place, and yet, if he could do so here, he certainly would....

------------------

As he walked in, Xaldius would find a quintet of magic users in black robes, lined with red, standing before him. Each would seem to have some magical potency to them, equaling half his own power as a group, as they bowed. "We had sensed your coming from afar, great one. We wish to learn from you, and be of service in turn." one of them said. "I am Gruumsh, of the Nazgrel clan. We are the warlocks presiding over this township.

The nearby orcs, gearing for a fight on fierce wolves and with huge weapons, stopped in their tracks from a single hand-signal by one of the magic-users, and while continuing to stay cautious, did not attack.
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:50 pm

Wynn picked a vine off a tree and referenced it to the book she had with her. She thought it looked familiar, but couldn't finger it. It could be a potentially useful ingredient.
She flipped the pages and found the match: poison ivy. She immediately threw it to the ground and wiped her hand off on her robe.
"Goddamn it..." She grumbled.

If Tsubasa saw her, he would see a woman with gray robes and hood up wiping her hand off for whatever reason.

-----------------------------------

Xaldius stood with a level of surprise in his mind. The guards at the gate weren't much of an indication of allies.
"You want to serve me?..." He inquired curiously.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:22 pm

"Hello there, stranger. You may not want to be in this neck of the woods. Some of the orcs are decent people, but the not-so-decent ones frequent this place for lumber." Tsubasa told her. "and demon-empowered orcs aren't something anyone wants to meet on an otherwise perfect summer's night." Tsubasa said, moving calmly towards Wynn. While making no attempt to hide his presence, he also spoke quite evenly and calmly, seeming almost serene.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yes, mighty one. Is there some name or title you would prefer us to call you?" The head warlock asked, the nervousness of a lesser being trying as best he could to appease one much greater creeping into his voice. the mixture of fear and awe in which they held Xaldius would be quite apparent to him.
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:31 am

Wynn looked up at him and said nothing in response. Instead, she dropped the book, drew her bow and an arrow and took aim at Tsubasa. She did so with such speed and pecision, that it would be apparent she had spent many days training to use the weapon.
With the string drawn, and the arrow pointed at Tsubasa, she could release the shot at any moment, but she didn't fire. However, kept it trained on Tsubasa. Wynn would remain eerily silent as she aimed the arrow at him, possibly waiting to see how he might act in the next few moments.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The knight remained silent a moment while he surveyed all the orcs around him. The sword he held in his hand ignited into black flames once more and vanished.
"The few beings that have lived to tell of me know me as 'Xaldius.'" The knight replied. "However, Xaldius is simply the name given to a number of my aspects. I cannot act directly in any world." The knight paced a bit, recollecting his past. "Most who know my name despair at the mere mention of it..." He stopped and faced the orcs. "I am Tyrath... the Void Father! Hear my voice and exult!"

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:08 pm

Tsubasa chuckled. "Perhaps I should not have worried. You seem plenty able to handle yourself." Tsubasa made no obvious motions as to defend himself, but seemed either uncaring or oblivious to the danger. "but if you brush your hand so soon after touching poison ivy, you're going to cause it to itch quite a bit more."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hail Tyrath, the void father!" one of the warlocks chanted in admiration. "We will forever serve you, my lord." the head warlock said. "We will act on your will and your word, as soon as they are bestowed unto us. And the same may be said for those of this town." The warlock continued as the rest of the orcs bowed to their new lord. "we are yours."
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:46 pm

Wynn slowly reduced the draw on the arrow, then put both the bow and arrow away. She pulled out a small vial of some kind that had a pink cream of some kind in it. She took some of it and put it on her hands and put the vial away. She just glared silently at him.

-------------------------------------------------------

Tyrath raise his hands out before him. "I will grant you power... power like no mortal can fathom..." He let his hands fall to his sides again. "But before I do, I must test your loyalty. Seek out a human boy named 'Fas.' The gods of Avalon, the world your planet is now in, now seek him..." He raised a fist up. "Send your scouts to find him. Locate him... and you shall be rewarded with that power!"

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:01 pm

"Hey, there's no real reason for an expression like that." Tsubasa told her. "I'd understand if this was your area, but you did come to where I was, rather than the other way 'round." He told her, before suddenly realizing something. "Hey, I know it's sudden, but would you mind scramming in about twenty minutes? If not, you might end up with quite a delay in your foraging."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shale burst into the same tent as Rorek, Onyx, and Kael, calmly strolling in. Failing to suppress a yawn, he shortly said after "So, when y'all are ready, we have a Class S mission ready for us. If ya' don't report in the next forty-five, I don't wanna know what Anima'll turn you into, except nothing pleasant - but no pressure, take your time.
Kael and Onyx bolted out of their cots, each working on getting dressed and ready as quickly as possible.
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:45 pm

Wynn didn't give any indication that she had heard him at first. She kept giving him the same, cold glare that would likely send shivers down Tsubasa's spine. However, she slowly took a step back, then turned and walked away.

-------------------------------------

Rorek would have been taking a nap on one of the sleeping bags in the tent with his shield and zweihander off to the side of him. He lifted his head up when Shale began to speak. He sat up and yawned. He picked up his sword and sheathed it on his back, and picked his shield up, then followed Shale out, having just gone ahead and slept in his armor.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:35 pm

"Ahhh, so scary." Tsubasa complained as she left. "But, as much as it shows that she's seen and been changed by violence, I'm still glad I convinced her to leave. I'd rather not show her even a little more, with a face like that." Tsubasa said, shaking his head.

The orcish patrol that came through had full intention on raiding the nearby ogre forest. the brutes served as elite troops against the warlock-led Skull-breaker clan, when the shaman-led tribes fought against theirs, but they were notoriously open to raids from the orc clans - indeed, was part of why they fought against the Skull-smashers in the first place.

In truth, this raid had little to do with obtaining riches or materials, no thought of raiding for supplies or weapons were even considered, nor was this a truly important part of the ogre's strategems - this was merely a quest for blood, an outlet for the orc's demonic bloodlust pushing them to kill, as they ran at double-time in their frenzy to guide themselves to the blood they craved.

So it was that they didn't first notice when Tsubasa first dropped from the trees onto their back soldier, quickly slicing his throat. They began to react when the ball of lightning Tsubasa shot at the next burnt his skull away, but lost him soon as he hid among the trees in the pale moonlight. the orcs scattered, hoping to find him before he could disappear.
It was exactly what Tsubasa hoped they would do.

Tsubasa sliced through the first one with an electrically charged strike, the attack slicing through the armor like paper with the aid of the electrical power. the second one he merely used a pair of deadly stabs to quickly kill. a stomp of his foot, a few seconds later, showed his presence once again as lightning arced from his foot and downwards, the current coming up and momentarily paralyzing the two Orcs near him just long enough for him to cut them down in one sweeping arc of his blade.

The remaining three orcs surrounding Tsubasa, went on the attack, one brutal overhand chop dodged so finely by Tsubasa that his shirt was ripped, before he countered with a small jab to the orc's knee. the second did a pair of Slashes from side to side with his own Axe, which Tsubasa hopped out of the way of, before blinding him with a flash of sparking electricity. Tsubasa had no time to capitalize, however, as he dodged the third orc's spear jabs, the broad weapon being far taller and larger than anything human made. Tsubasa dodged the first two blows, before switching to a two-handed grip on his enchanted Scimitar Everice, cutting through the polished iron of the spear shaft as though it was paper with a 2-handed strike, and leaving it with half it's length.
Dodging the thrown axe that was thrown only a second later, Tsubasa found the now-weaponless orc with the Axe charging him, grabbing him with his bare hands. Tsubasa tumbled, initially, and the orc got on top of him, letting out a bellowing, deafening roar directly in his face.

It turned out to be the last mistake the orc ever made, as Tsubasa opened his mouth and Exhaled. the chilling mist that exited his face quickly froze around the orc's face, and his grip gradually slacked and then went entirely limp as he died from the insides of his head freezing solid. Tsubasa pushed him off, only to see his other foe, holding the broken end of his spear, jabbing down for his throat.

Tsubasa twisted like a fish, just barely dodging the jabs from the weapon, before rolling back into position, bringing up everice to swipe the next strike away. The orc, seeing an advantage, stabbed from his own position in an extended strike, one that left him somewhat open, but not enough, he knew, for the smaller reach of a scimitar to reach him.

Tsubasa, letting the attack move just past his shoulder, reached his left hand into his robes, before drawing almost impossibly fast a longsword from
his belt, striking out and through his opponent in one strike, the orc's lightly armored midsection offering no resistance.
Tsubasa took out a rag, as the orc's two pieces fell, wiping clean his blades. It was not truly necessary, for the minor enchantments on the longsword and the much stronger enchantments on Everice protected both weapons from rust and blood, but in his mind it was to show both respect for the weapon and the opponents who now stained them. he took some time, cleaning both, before sighing, moving the bodies to a small gathering.

Cremation would be too difficult, and he lacked the time for a proper burial, but he managed to make a small mound of dirt and stones in a little less than an hour, burying them in a make-shift mass grave. Tsubasa sighed, knowing there was little he could do for this demon corrupted lot, and yet, he wished to...

agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:44 pm

agentaaa wrote:"Ahhh, so scary." Tsubasa complained as she left. "But, as much as it shows that she's seen and been changed by violence, I'm still glad I convinced her to leave. I'd rather not show her even a little more, with a face like that." Tsubasa said, shaking his head.

The orcish patrol that came through had full intention on raiding the nearby ogre forest. the brutes served as elite troops against the warlock-led Skull-breaker clan, when the shaman-led tribes fought against theirs, but they were notoriously open to raids from the orc clans - indeed, was part of why they fought against the Skull-smashers in the first place.

In truth, this raid had little to do with obtaining riches or materials, no thought of raiding for supplies or weapons were even considered, nor was this a truly important part of the ogre's strategems - this was merely a quest for blood, an outlet for the orc's demonic bloodlust pushing them to kill, as they ran at double-time in their frenzy to guide themselves to the blood they craved.

So it was that they didn't first notice when Tsubasa first dropped from the trees onto their back soldier, quickly slicing his throat. They began to react when the ball of lightning Tsubasa shot at the next burnt his skull away, but lost him soon as he hid among the trees in the pale moonlight. the orcs scattered, hoping to find him before he could disappear.
It was exactly what Tsubasa hoped they would do.

Tsubasa sliced through the first one with an electrically charged strike, the attack slicing through the armor like paper with the aid of the electrical power. the second one he merely used a pair of deadly stabs to quickly kill. a stomp of his foot, a few seconds later, showed his presence once again as lightning arced from his foot and downwards, the current coming up and momentarily paralyzing the two Orcs near him just long enough for him to cut them down in one sweeping arc of his blade.

The remaining three orcs surrounding Tsubasa, went on the attack, one brutal overhand chop dodged so finely by Tsubasa that his shirt was ripped, before he countered with a small jab to the orc's knee. the second did a pair of Slashes from side to side with his own Axe, which Tsubasa hopped out of the way of, before blinding him with a flash of sparking electricity. Tsubasa had no time to capitalize, however, as he dodged the third orc's spear jabs, the broad weapon being far taller and larger than anything human made. Tsubasa dodged the first two blows, before switching to a two-handed grip on his enchanted Scimitar Everice, cutting through the polished iron of the spear shaft as though it was paper with a 2-handed strike, and leaving it with half it's length.
Dodging the thrown axe that was thrown only a second later, Tsubasa found the now-weaponless orc with the Axe charging him, grabbing him with his bare hands. Tsubasa tumbled, initially, and the orc got on top of him, letting out a bellowing, deafening roar directly in his face.

It turned out to be the last mistake the orc ever made, as Tsubasa opened his mouth and Exhaled. the chilling mist that exited his face quickly froze around the orc's face, and his grip gradually slacked and then went entirely limp as he died from the insides of his head freezing solid. Tsubasa pushed him off, only to see his other foe, holding the broken end of his spear, jabbing down for his throat.

Tsubasa twisted like a fish, just barely dodging the jabs from the weapon, before rolling back into position, bringing up everice to swipe the next strike away. The orc, seeing an advantage, stabbed from his own position in an extended strike, one that left him somewhat open, but not enough, he knew, for the smaller reach of a scimitar to reach him.

Tsubasa, letting the attack move just past his shoulder, reached his left hand into his robes, before drawing almost impossibly fast a longsword from
his belt, striking out and through his opponent in one strike, the orc's lightly armored midsection offering no resistance.
Tsubasa took out a rag, as the orc's two pieces fell, wiping clean his blades. It was not truly necessary, for the minor enchantments on the longsword and the much stronger enchantments on Everice protected both weapons from rust and blood, but in his mind it was to show both respect for the weapon and the opponents who now stained them. he took some time, cleaning both, before sighing, moving the bodies to a small gathering.

Cremation would be too difficult, and he lacked the time for a proper burial, but he managed to make a small mound of dirt and stones in a little less than an hour, burying them in a make-shift mass grave. Tsubasa sighed, knowing there was little he could do for this demon corrupted lot, and yet, he wished to...

As he finished burying the dead he would be surprised when he heard a female voice say "You realize you used far more effort than necessary to kill those orcs, right?" When he turned, he would not see her there right away, rather he would look up and see Wynn simply sitting on a branch of a tree with one leg hanging off, leaning against the trunk. She wasn't even facing him, just staring forward into oblivion. However it was obvious that she was speaking to him.
"If you knew they were coming, why didn't you set a trap? Why bother fighting them and risk fatal injury?"

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:48 pm

"I'm afraid I'm rather bad at setting traps. I knew they were coming, but there's little i can create with my hands that could do much more than stun orcs like this. They shrug off stones twice the size of my head like they were no more than a pebble, and anything without enchantment has a problem cutting through even unprotected hide." Tsubasa explained. "and I also had to make sure I only hurt the orcs I specifically wished to. I'd rather not harm those of the nearby village, for instance, with a trap in an area they come to just as often as these have." resting against a nearby tree, he also noted "Besides, I'm also aware my skills need polish - and avoiding harsh battles doesn't help them at all."
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:55 pm

"Damn the villagers," Wynn replied harshly. "If someone comes for your blood, you do what you have to do to survive or die." Wynn continued to look away from him, only acknowledging his existence with her words. "As for the not knowing how to set them, ignorance is no excuse."

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:01 pm

"My blood? No, these are coming directly for those villagers. While the orcs from the warlock-held clans know of my existence, these did not come for my head. I did this only to protect those villagers, so to lay a trap that killed them, wouldn't have been much use, after all." Tsubasa told her. "Besides, this might not be helpful to my survival, but it allows me to keep on living, and that's more important." Tsubasa said with a smile. "Surviving's important, but if one's not living, as they survive, then what's the point?"
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:06 pm

"So you're fighting for the thrill, is that it?" Wynn inquired coldly. "Fighting for pleasure is NOT living. It's slow suicide."

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:11 pm

"No, but fighting to protect others, is. These orcs were moving to attack an ogre encampment. from there, they normally work with a second party to attack the nearby village a couple days later. Fighting to protect both of those groups, is what I've done here since I arrived. There are many innocent, good people simply trying to live their lives in both places, and while war has made it harder on them, I still wish to preserve what peace I can for them." Tsubasa explained. "No, I am no combat junkie - I merely wish to use what skills I have to protect those I can."
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:14 pm

Wynn turned her head slightly toward him. Not enough that he could see any part of her face, but enough that the motion was visible.
"I see..." Wynn muttered. "What about those you can't protect, then?"

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next