Final Exodus: Dark Reality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aruna

2 posters

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Go down

Aruna - Page 4 Empty Aruna

Post by Quantum Rain Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:24 pm

First topic message reminder :

The peaceful world of Aruna, a massive grassland world, peaceful, calm, harmonious... Until now. A shadow looms over the White Tower, the shadow of Death. Exitium's forces have already begun appearing here and there, a prelude to the counterattack he will launch against Aeon's transgressions into his territory. Already, outlying villages are overrun, and one of them in particular shall serve as the staging ground for the attack on Aeon's fortress.

"We are in position for the slaughter." A dark elf reported to the demon known as Araman. He waved the elf away, looking down at the city below. Exitium's forces waited for his signal, he knew this, and the unsuspecting townsfolk held no chance against superior numbers and power. Though today seemed to be off... different... or he may have been perceiving the ease of this invasion incorrectly. It doesn't matter, he thought, the fires of war will scar this world regardless. He sent out a fire bomb onto the town below, the signal for the attack to begin. The first wave launched, followed close by the second, and already he could hear the panic ensuing...

The first signs of trouble immediately showed up at the door to the room Wynn rented. People panicking, far off sounds of fiery explosions, and screams of death and the likes... they all turned the morning into a red dawn for the approaching horde of Exitium forces, which already moved to surround the city.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 2209
Registration date : 2008-12-18

https://gathering.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Aruna - Page 4 Empty Re: Aruna

Post by Wynn Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:00 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:"..." He looked back up at the town, appraising the situation. "Can you walk?" He asked, not looking down at her when he inquired. He seemed focused on something, and his face was... concerned. If Wynn looked, she would witness a rather intimidating sight...

Exitium had come to Aruna in force, this much was certain. With two Patronus class Arms Forts bombarding the opposition, and several new dragons patrolling the skies, searching for strays. There was a well organized army of undead, at least five thousand strong, from what it looked like, though it was hard to see that far. They stood amongst the hills, waiting until they were called for. As well, Aeon's forces were almost obliterated, a small group here or there managing to escape death.

Wynn would get up quickly after seeing the chaos in the distance. She would feel intense pain surge through her from the damage magic couldnt heal. She would ignore it, however, knowing that getting out of the area should be their top prioirty. "I can walk... but i think we should run before a stray shot comes blows up this hillside..." She replied.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Female Number of posts : 1114
Registration date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:04 pm

"Right. We should be safe under the shade of the trees." He said, walking backward from the scene, taking in as much as he can to memory, before turning around and jogging toward the forest, ensuring to stay close to Wynn, and not lose sight of her. "There should be a more fortified city beyond the forest. If we can get there before nightfall, we should be good."
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:06 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:"Right. We should be safe under the shade of the trees." He said, walking backward from the scene, taking in as much as he can to memory, before turning around and jogging toward the forest, ensuring to stay close to Wynn, and not lose sight of her. "There should be a more fortified city beyond the forest. If we can get there before nightfall, we should be good."

Wynn would jog after him, and say "lead the way." She would run just a little faster to catch up to him at first, then slow down to equal his speed.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:39 am

It took an hours travel, with all of the frequent scouting parties that Exitium's army had prowling around the town. "You'd think that they were setting up an outpost here or something with all that they brought with them..." Matt remarked, not knowing that he was likely right.

Once at the edge of the woods, following a rather convenient river that sliced through it, they emerged to find a high-walled city, more so than a town. With guards and patrols throughout its walls, gates, and roads that led to outlying homes, farms, and, further off, more towns. "Well... At least it's still standing."
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:26 am

Quantum Rain wrote:It took an hours travel, with all of the frequent scouting parties that Exitium's army had prowling around the town. "You'd think that they were setting up an outpost here or something with all that they brought with them..." Matt remarked, not knowing that he was likely right.

Once at the edge of the woods, following a rather convenient river that sliced through it, they emerged to find a high-walled city, more so than a town. With guards and patrols throughout its walls, gates, and roads that led to outlying homes, farms, and, further off, more towns. "Well... At least it's still standing."

Wynn would follow Matt silently, not wanting to draw any unnecessary attention to them. She even stayed silent when he mentioned the possibility of the outpost. She would break hear silence when they got to the walls however. "What is this place?" She inquired.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:22 am

"I believe they call this world Aruna. As for the towns or cities, I couldn't say." Matt replied as they walked through the gate, being eyed suspiciously by the plethora of guards standing watch. Inside the city was no better... The residing army was prepared for battle, to say the least. There were mechs in the castle courtyard, waiting to be boarded and launched. Soldiers were everywhere, either reinforcing the walls or setting up defensive positions. There was a dragon or two that roamed the skies above, keeping track of anyone approaching the city that may be hostile.

"... Maybe we shouldn't have come here..."
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:00 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:"I believe they call this world Aruna. As for the towns or cities, I couldn't say." Matt replied as they walked through the gate, being eyed suspiciously by the plethora of guards standing watch. Inside the city was no better... The residing army was prepared for battle, to say the least. There were mechs in the castle courtyard, waiting to be boarded and launched. Soldiers were everywhere, either reinforcing the walls or setting up defensive positions. There was a dragon or two that roamed the skies above, keeping track of anyone approaching the city that may be hostile.

"... Maybe we shouldn't have come here..."

Wynn stood there looking at all of them calmly. "We aren't here to hurt them." She said simply. "If they have any sense at all, we'll be able to convince them of that, and they'll just keep a close eye on us... if not..." She went silent a moment. "...I'll think of something..."

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:21 pm

"Let's just try to avoid attention entirely... as long as the angels haven't taken us in yet, we should be fine." Matt stated, looking around, somewhat confused. "... maybe you should lead the way..." He said, unsure of where to go to next.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:38 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:"Let's just try to avoid attention entirely... as long as the angels haven't taken us in yet, we should be fine." Matt stated, looking around, somewhat confused. "... maybe you should lead the way..." He said, unsure of where to go to next.

Wynn would lead him through the gate, and they would enter into a sort of plaza layout of houses and shops. A road circled around a large tree in the middle, and the houses were arranged around them in a circular fashion. One of the houses actually arched over the road that led into the town. The houses would be made out of a gray brick with wooden beams around the corners. Some people were walking about, going in or out of some of the shops that could be seen further down the road or just around in general.
"...for having such a high, sturdy wall," Wynn began. "you'd think there were more military forces here..."

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:47 pm

Matt didn't reply, he was still taking in the scenery. "... for a minor world, it's pretty well developed." He commented, continuing to follow Wynn, trying t avoid too much attention with his constant looking around.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:51 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:Matt didn't reply, he was still taking in the scenery. "... for a minor world, it's pretty well developed." He commented, continuing to follow Wynn, trying t avoid too much attention with his constant looking around.

Wynn would look around fairly freely, but would do so discreetly. She would only move her eyes, but keep her head pointed straight forward. "...think we should get a room at an Inn?" She inquired Matt as she continued walking down the road at a rather relaxed and slow pace. "Or do you think we'll have to get out in a hurry today?"

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:53 pm

"I think we should do both..." Matt answered, turning his attention from the scenery to their current situation now. "... but I don't have any money... do you?" He asked, adding to their problems.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:54 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:"I think we should do both..." Matt answered, turning his attention from the scenery to their current situation now. "... but I don't have any money... do you?" He asked, adding to their problems.

She would pull a few coins out of her pocket, but it was obviously not enough for a room. She handed it to Matt. "I will in a little bit," She started as she put the coins in his hand. "Go get some food or a drink at a restaurant. Ill be along shortly after I have the money." She would turn and walk away and head farther down the road.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:58 pm

"... Yeah..." He said, watching her leave for a second, then walking into any random cookery or tavern that looked appetizing. I can't get her involved in this... we need to get out of here. He thought as he sat down at a table. ... I wish I knew how, though.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:01 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:"... Yeah..." He said, watching her leave for a second, then walking into any random cookery or tavern that looked appetizing. I can't get her involved in this... we need to get out of here. He thought as he sat down at a table. ... I wish I knew how, though.

Wynn would begin scanning the crowds for someone who looked rich who wouldn't miss a few coins. She went and sat down on a bench, still wearing her hood up so no one could tell where her eyes were wandering. From time to time, she looked to the left or right, then spotted a man who was wearing extravagant clothing. She would get up and follow him from a distance, trying to figure out where he kept his money.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:08 pm

The man stopped at a nearby stall, examining the merchandise until he set his mind on buying a particular object. He reached into his pocket, instead of the typical coin purse, and pulled out a bag of coins, taking out a set number and giving it to the stall manager. He didn't seem to carry a fortune on him, but there was enough in that bag for Wynn's intentions.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:14 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:The man stopped at a nearby stall, examining the merchandise until he set his mind on buying a particular object. He reached into his pocket, instead of the typical coin purse, and pulled out a bag of coins, taking out a set number and giving it to the stall manager. He didn't seem to carry a fortune on him, but there was enough in that bag for Wynn's intentions.

Wynn would walk toward the man, and look around with her eyes quickly, she took a step outward slightly, but unless someone was watching her feet, no one would notice the difference. She would trip someone, and also fall over on purpose to make it seem like an accident. The man she tripped would fall into the man she had intended to take the money from as he was getting ready to put the bag back in his pocket.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:17 pm

The bystander fell into the rich man, knocking him over as his coin bag fell own to the ground, his hands tied in trying to catch himself from falling fully.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:18 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:The bystander fell into the rich man, knocking him over as his coin bag fell own to the ground, his hands tied in trying to catch himself from falling fully.

She got up quickly and turned around glaring at the man she had just intentionally run into. "Will you learn to watch where the hell you're going?" She scolded, taking a couple steps toward him, gesturing her hands outward slightly.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:20 pm

The bystander got up, confused about what just happened. As well, the rich man got up, dusting himself off. "Commoners..." He muttered as he looked around for his coin bag.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:22 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:The bystander got up, confused about what just happened. As well, the rich man got up, dusting himself off. "Commoners..." He muttered as he looked around for his coin bag.

She would hear him mutter the word, then stride toward him and grab him by the collar. "Got something you'd like to say?" She growled in his face, giving him that icy stare that intimidated even most soldiers. "Go ahead and say it. You have my undivided attention, you uptight bastard."

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:27 pm

"Let go of me before I call the guards." The man said, tugging at her arms to let him go. The other man backed off, unsure of how to handle the situation.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:29 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:"Let go of me before I call the guards." The man said, tugging at her arms to let him go. The other man backed off, unsure of how to handle the situation.

She would hold him, just glaring at him, as if waiting for something. "Well?" She said, gripping him so tightly his struggling wouldn't loosen it any. "Any [censored] time." She continued, as if challenging him to do so.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:31 pm

A sturdy hand grabbed onto her shoulder, a well armored one at that. "Is there a problem here?" An echoing voice rang... it was one of the angels of Aeon. The rich man sighed in relief. "Yes, this commoner is making quite a mess of this situation, and is harassing me. ME! Of all people."
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:40 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:A sturdy hand grabbed onto her shoulder, a well armored one at that. "Is there a problem here?" An echoing voice rang... it was one of the angels of Aeon. The rich man sighed in relief. "Yes, this commoner is making quite a mess of this situation, and is harassing me. ME! Of all people."

"Well, maybe you should learn to respect the commoners, because if the middle of the ladder was removed, the top would have to lower itself!" She shot back, gripping his collar tighter as she was nearly shouting into his face. "and a word of advice," She began, lowing her voice to keep the guard from hearing her. She brought her fist up and ejected her hidden blade briefly and put it to his chin, using her own head to hide it from the guard's view. "snipers take a big head as an invitation..." She said coldly. She retracted the blade, but kept her fist up for a moment, then threw him to the ground as if she were grudgingly letting him go because she had no alternative.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next