Final Exodus: Dark Reality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Megumos

2 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Megumos - Page 6 Empty Megumos

Post by agentaaa Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:18 pm

First topic message reminder :

Arina would find herself on an unfamiliar, barren land, the air thin, and the mountainsides steep and vast. there appeared to be little around to the untrained eye, and with the exception of a wispy atmosphere, the place she was on could be mistaken for a barren asteroid. She would notice little else about her, only sensing, perhaps, one other signature of energy, and hearing ominous whispers around her.
Elsewhere, Sona was waking up, hastily pulling himself to his feet. "What happened? I remember fighting some of chaos's forces, and then... nothing." He mused, unsure of his location. "man, the air's thin here...."
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 3631
Location : lol, nice try, police people, you ain't getting it from me so easily
Registration date : 2009-01-13

http://Agentaaa.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Megumos - Page 6 Empty Re: Megumos

Post by Wynn Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:08 pm

agentaaa wrote:Sona smiled at her, to put her at ease, before saying, as Aaron shook Arina's hand. "Aaron and I go way back. Unfortunately..." He joked.
"Pleased to make your acquaintance ma'am. I would have figured Sona's face would have scared away any girl by now though." Aaron said with a smirk.

Arina's grip would be surprisingly firm when she shook. She remained silent, even after the poke at Sona. She just stood there and watched from behind the helmet.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Female Number of posts : 1114
Registration date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:14 pm

"grrr... anyways, it makes more sense for you to take point, what with that ridiculously huge sword of yours, and I'll take back. Arina'd probably be best in the middle as we walk, since she's got the best set of abilities..." Sona told Aaron and Arina. "unless either of you have other suggestions."
"Nahhh." Aaron shook his head. "I'll just leave all the planning up to you. Makes it easier on me." Aaron said, walking a few steps away before drawing his nodachi, a sword roughly one and a half times larger than a katana, and hoisting it upon his shoulder.
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:20 pm

agentaaa wrote:"grrr... anyways, it makes more sense for you to take point, what with that ridiculously huge sword of yours, and I'll take back. Arina'd probably be best in the middle as we walk, since she's got the best set of abilities..." Sona told Aaron and Arina. "unless either of you have other suggestions."
"Nahhh." Aaron shook his head. "I'll just leave all the planning up to you. Makes it easier on me." Aaron said, walking a few steps away before drawing his nodachi, a sword roughly one and a half times larger than a katana, and hoisting it upon his shoulder.

Arina would draw her silver straight sword, which faintly glowed crimson for a brief moment, and follow him out of the cave, still staying on her guard.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:41 pm

Aaron, Sona, and presumably Arina would continue up to the very steps of the tower, before a ghostly apparition appeared before them, holding a large halberd. "Halt! To enter this tower, you must create a deal with me." The armored figure commanded. "In this way lies freedom. This is a great gift." The apparition continued. "But, noone existing in this place is still willing to "give" so there are only two choices left. Might you guess what they are?"
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:55 pm

agentaaa wrote:Aaron, Sona, and presumably Arina would continue up to the very steps of the tower, before a ghostly apparition appeared before them, holding a large halberd. "Halt! To enter this tower, you must create a deal with me." The armored figure commanded. "In this way lies freedom. This is a great gift." The apparition continued. "But, noone existing in this place is still willing to "give" so there are only two choices left. Might you guess what they are?"

Arina stepped forward and raised her sword to bear. "Stand aside or die a second time." She finished in a plain voice to the apparition.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:23 pm

"Regrettably, the choice in that manner is not mine to make." The gatekeeper responds, noting several shadowy, burning chains attached to his legs. they seemed to grow and shrink in length to the gatekeeper himself, however. "These... prick me to my duties." The gatekeeper responds. "In truth, I was one of the first people ever to be stranded on this misbegotten world. When my body was..." The gatekeeper stops, suddenly in terrible pain, as the flames lick at his body. "Urhhh... it appears I am not given that much freedom in this tale. When I died, I was made to be the one who guards this place, a warning to others who might attempt the same." The gatekeeper continues, taking off his glove, to show the terribly burned, near skeletal hand within. "And carrying on the scars of my foolishness with me. This is not dissimilar to what might happen to you if you die here." He finished. "But I am being discourteous - honor commands I give my name. Argus Aeriok, at your service."
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:26 pm

agentaaa wrote:"Regrettably, the choice in that manner is not mine to make." The gatekeeper responds, noting several shadowy, burning chains attached to his legs. they seemed to grow and shrink in length to the gatekeeper himself, however. "These... prick me to my duties." The gatekeeper responds. "In truth, I was one of the first people ever to be stranded on this misbegotten world. When my body was..." The gatekeeper stops, suddenly in terrible pain, as the flames lick at his body. "Urhhh... it appears I am not given that much freedom in this tale. When I died, I was made to be the one who guards this place, a warning to others who might attempt the same." The gatekeeper continues, taking off his glove, to show the terribly burned, near skeletal hand within. "And carrying on the scars of my foolishness with me. This is not dissimilar to what might happen to you if you die here." He finished. "But I am being discourteous - honor commands I give my name. Argus Aeriok, at your service."

Arina would slowly begin walking toward the entrance to the tower. "Fire doesnt scare me." She said plainly, continuing toward the door.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:46 pm

"I'm afraid that without me granting you passage, it's impossible to gain access." The gatekeeper tells her, as spears fall all along the door, preventing access. "And unless you take my challenges, all the ghosts in this valley will stop at nothing to destroy you." The gatekeeper continues, as hundreds, if not thousands, of ghosts appear all around them, armed with weaponry. "now, are you willing to listen?"
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:49 pm

agentaaa wrote:"I'm afraid that without me granting you passage, it's impossible to gain access." The gatekeeper tells her, as spears fall all along the door, preventing access. "And unless you take my challenges, all the ghosts in this valley will stop at nothing to destroy you." The gatekeeper continues, as hundreds, if not thousands, of ghosts appear all around them, armed with weaponry. "now, are you willing to listen?"

Arina stood still, but did not respond. She expected the ghost to take her silence as acceptance.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:20 pm

"Of the universal principles, there are only 4 ways to gain. the first is to "create" and by right of creation, claim ownership. The second is to "take" by using the force you possess to take ownership regardless of protest. The third is for someone to "give" and willingly transfer possession, and the fourth is to "trade", offering something of equal value, in order to gain the item you desire. " Argus tells them, "This is a truth regardless of where one exists. an inviolable law of the cosmos." pausing a few seconds, he continues. "as what exists in this tower, freedom, is created by another, the ability to take it by rights of creation is unavailable to you. This land is so cruel, as well, that the very notion of "give" is laughable." Argus says, his tone becoming more grim. "thus, all that is left is for you to "take" or to "trade."
If you wish to "take" I will fight one of your people in single combat, of which you must choose amongst yourselves. I warn, however, that it will be single combat and single combat alone. What's more, if anyone interferes, it will be counted as a loss, and, with or without my assistance, the way will be barred to you. Additionally, if you lose, in this challenge, the way will be forever barred to you." The gatekeeper explains.
"The only other option is to trade, not with me, but with the tower itself." The gatekeeper continued. "You must present it with something of sufficient worth that the tower considers it worthy of "freedom"."
"Choose carefully, and deliberate amongst yourselves on the subject. it is not a question to be taken lightly."
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:32 pm

agentaaa wrote:"Of the universal principles, there are only 4 ways to gain. the first is to "create" and by right of creation, claim ownership. The second is to "take" by using the force you possess to take ownership regardless of protest. The third is for someone to "give" and willingly transfer possession, and the fourth is to "trade", offering something of equal value, in order to gain the item you desire. " Argus tells them, "This is a truth regardless of where one exists. an inviolable law of the cosmos." pausing a few seconds, he continues. "as what exists in this tower, freedom, is created by another, the ability to take it by rights of creation is unavailable to you. This land is so cruel, as well, that the very notion of "give" is laughable." Argus says, his tone becoming more grim. "thus, all that is left is for you to "take" or to "trade."
If you wish to "take" I will fight one of your people in single combat, of which you must choose amongst yourselves. I warn, however, that it will be single combat and single combat alone. What's more, if anyone interferes, it will be counted as a loss, and, with or without my assistance, the way will be barred to you. Additionally, if you lose, in this challenge, the way will be forever barred to you." The gatekeeper explains.
"The only other option is to trade, not with me, but with the tower itself." The gatekeeper continued. "You must present it with something of sufficient worth that the tower considers it worthy of "freedom"."
"Choose carefully, and deliberate amongst yourselves on the subject. it is not a question to be taken lightly."
Arina stood there, and gripped her sword tighter. "Your call." She said to the ones behind her.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:39 am

Aaron strode forward. "I choose to "take" for me and those I choose to bring with me." Aaron told him, his hand on the sword on his back. "I choose to fight you in single combat, Argus Aeriok." He told the gatekeeper, striding forward.
"Very well.... and do your companions agree to this as well?" The gatekeeper said, seemingly surprised.
"this is odd... Aaron's normally the last one convinced to take the option of force. what's going on..." Aaron said, seemingly nervous. "this isn't like him at all."
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:05 am

agentaaa wrote:Aaron strode forward. "I choose to "take" for me and those I choose to bring with me." Aaron told him, his hand on the sword on his back. "I choose to fight you in single combat, Argus Aeriok." He told the gatekeeper, striding forward.
"Very well.... and do your companions agree to this as well?" The gatekeeper said, seemingly surprised.
"this is odd... Aaron's normally the last one convinced to take the option of force. what's going on..." Aaron said, seemingly nervous. "this isn't like him at all."

Arina walked up to the gatekeeper and raised her shield hand out in front of her. A black sprite materialized in her hand, and she seemed to be offering it to the phantom. What she held in her hand was a humanity, something that could potentially restore the life of an undead, even if only for a mortal lifespan. She stood there silently. It could most likely be sensed what exactly the sprite's potential was by the gatekeeper. She simply stood in silence with the sprite before her.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:19 am

"I am..." The spirit stopped for a moment "touched." Argus continued, his voice having a tremor in it. "This is the first time a traveller has ever attempted to aid my predicament. However..." Argus noted his shackles. "these will not be so simply undone. They are bound to the tower's power, and only it's power may undo them." Argus told her, a melancholic hint in his voice.
"Please, move back, Arina." Aaron told her, not harshly, but in exactly the opposite manner. "Don't worry. I'll end it.... In an instant." Aaron said, giving a specific inflection to the word "end". "Argus-sama, are you ready?" Aaron asked, drawing his nodachi from it's back-sheath. the weapon was a good size larger than an ordinary katana or long sword.
"Yes." Argus said, readying a defensive stance with a barbed spear. The spear itself was pitch-black from tip to butt. the spear-point was held downwards as the two regarded eachother for a second, their energies surging.
"Hmmmm... That Argus guy seems to use the same power Aaron does." Sona commented to Arina on the sidelines.
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:26 am

agentaaa wrote:"I am..." The spirit stopped for a moment "touched." Argus continued, his voice having a tremor in it. "This is the first time a traveller has ever attempted to aid my predicament. However..." Argus noted his shackles. "these will not be so simply undone. They are bound to the tower's power, and only it's power may undo them." Argus told her, a melancholic hint in his voice.
"Please, move back, Arina." Aaron told her, not harshly, but in exactly the opposite manner. "Don't worry. I'll end it.... In an instant." Aaron said, giving a specific inflection to the word "end". "Argus-sama, are you ready?" Aaron asked, drawing his nodachi from it's back-sheath. the weapon was a good size larger than an ordinary katana or long sword.
"Yes." Argus said, readying a defensive stance with a barbed spear. The spear itself was pitch-black from tip to butt. the spear-point was held downwards as the two regarded eachother for a second, their energies surging.
"Hmmmm... That Argus guy seems to use the same power Aaron does." Sona commented to Arina on the sidelines.

Arina took a few steps back, reabsorbing the black sprite. She remained silent and still as she watched the fight that was about to unfold.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:06 pm

"You have a good form, and your style is excellently crafted." Argus complimented Aaron, jumping back from their most recent clash before stabbing at Aaron once more from a distance. Aaron blocked the stab, but was pushed back as he did so, changing to a backflip to avoid simply being knocked down by the strike. "but I have an advantage in power, and our speed is the same. if you know no other tricks, I'll take the win soo-" Argus was stopped from further speech as a long, yellow rope of energy swept around his feet, knocking him over. "Bakudo 4: Hainawa." Aaron said afterwards, the rope seeming to intensify in strength as he said it. "Bakudo 1: Sai." he continued without pause, binding Argus's arms behind him suddenly with thin handcuff-like gauntlets of energy, before striding forward, weapon in one hand, intending to end the battle with a single strike. "not yet!" Argus yelled, breaking out of both bonds, just before Aaron reached him. striking furiously with 3 quick thrusts - one towards the head, followed by one to the midsection, and lastly one to the knee - had Aaron quickly backpedaling to avoid the blows, only to stab forward immediately afterwards with his own blade's not-inconsiderable length. the sword met only air, however, as Argus advanced into his guard, ready to stab his thigh, which Aaron barely dodged, getting a cut on his side nonetheless. The cut was hardly debilitating but not inconsiderable, given how much it bled. "[censored]..." Aaron swore.
"hmmmmm... Seems like Aaron's gonna win this one. Only question is when he'll nut up and finally do it." Sona commented on the sidelines, half to Arina, and half to himself.
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:12 pm

agentaaa wrote:"You have a good form, and your style is excellently crafted." Argus complimented Aaron, jumping back from their most recent clash before stabbing at Aaron once more from a distance. Aaron blocked the stab, but was pushed back as he did so, changing to a backflip to avoid simply being knocked down by the strike. "but I have an advantage in power, and our speed is the same. if you know no other tricks, I'll take the win soo-" Argus was stopped from further speech as a long, yellow rope of energy swept around his feet, knocking him over. "Bakudo 4: Hainawa." Aaron said afterwards, the rope seeming to intensify in strength as he said it. "Bakudo 1: Sai." he continued without pause, binding Argus's arms behind him suddenly with thin handcuff-like gauntlets of energy, before striding forward, weapon in one hand, intending to end the battle with a single strike. "not yet!" Argus yelled, breaking out of both bonds, just before Aaron reached him. striking furiously with 3 quick thrusts - one towards the head, followed by one to the midsection, and lastly one to the knee - had Aaron quickly backpedaling to avoid the blows, only to stab forward immediately afterwards with his own blade's not-inconsiderable length. the sword met only air, however, as Argus advanced into his guard, ready to stab his thigh, which Aaron barely dodged, getting a cut on his side nonetheless. The cut was hardly debilitating but not inconsiderable, given how much it bled. "[censored]..." Aaron swore.
"hmmmmm... Seems like Aaron's gonna win this one. Only question is when he'll nut up and finally do it." Sona commented on the sidelines, half to Arina, and half to himself.

Arina shook her head. "Better be soon before Argus gets a good hit in..." Arina stated plainly. She stood, watching the fight intently.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:06 pm

Aaron continued to, just barely, block or dodge hit after hit. "I'm sorry, but you're not strong enough to defeat me as I am now." Argus told Aaron, as chains came forth from the ground around him, nearly, but only nearly, grabbing him. Soon enough, Argus shot a large column of chains from his hand, only for Aaron to first dodge them when they came near, and then slice them apart in one large blow, a soft grey aura around his blade as he did so. "I'm afraid I'll have to respecfully disagree." Aaron told Argus, charging forward again. Argus repeated the chain attack of before, only for aaron to effortlessly knock it out of the way with his reishi-charged blade, before Aaron jumped forward suddenly, Argus barely blocking the attack with his own spear as Aaron attempted an overhand slice. Immediately jumping back, he pointed his open palm at Argus, charging forward, as Argus stabbed, Aaron quickly incanted "Bakudo 8: Seki" As a small blue ball of energy appeared in front of Aaron's hand, actually bouncing the spear back and out of Argus's hands, before Aaron sliced at Argus with his free hand, his nodachi appearing light as air within it, Argus just barely managing to avoid a fatal blow by floating out of the way of the attack. Nonetheless, there was an obvious cut from his chest to his lower abdomen, that, while not deep, was obviously quite large. "I can't take anymore of this... I yie.... no, no, no, no, no, no..." Argus seemed suddenly panicked, as a black aura appeared around him.
"I never told you to yield" the voice said within everyone nearby's head, at the same time. the voice seemed to have no true sound, or characteristic anyone hearing it could identify, but any who heard it would not be mistaken about it's origin
"no, you can still fight. You can still win. do so." the voice said, as Argus's form grew in size, horn's appearing out of his skeletal shoulders, and his skull's canines increasing in size, before his spear changed into a deadly halberd, befitting his new size. to anyone who could sense energy, too, Argus would feel much stronger, though it would also feel very different from Argus's usual energy, darker and nastier.

Sona seemed noticably agitated by this fact. "Damnit, that bastard... Don't use people's bodies for your plaything! He yelled, only just barely restraining himself from attempting to destroy the tower with his own abilities. "damnit... I'll make whoever that is controlling Argus pay..."
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:41 pm

agentaaa wrote:Aaron continued to, just barely, block or dodge hit after hit. "I'm sorry, but you're not strong enough to defeat me as I am now." Argus told Aaron, as chains came forth from the ground around him, nearly, but only nearly, grabbing him. Soon enough, Argus shot a large column of chains from his hand, only for Aaron to first dodge them when they came near, and then slice them apart in one large blow, a soft grey aura around his blade as he did so. "I'm afraid I'll have to respecfully disagree." Aaron told Argus, charging forward again. Argus repeated the chain attack of before, only for aaron to effortlessly knock it out of the way with his reishi-charged blade, before Aaron jumped forward suddenly, Argus barely blocking the attack with his own spear as Aaron attempted an overhand slice. Immediately jumping back, he pointed his open palm at Argus, charging forward, as Argus stabbed, Aaron quickly incanted "Bakudo 8: Seki" As a small blue ball of energy appeared in front of Aaron's hand, actually bouncing the spear back and out of Argus's hands, before Aaron sliced at Argus with his free hand, his nodachi appearing light as air within it, Argus just barely managing to avoid a fatal blow by floating out of the way of the attack. Nonetheless, there was an obvious cut from his chest to his lower abdomen, that, while not deep, was obviously quite large. "I can't take anymore of this... I yie.... no, no, no, no, no, no..." Argus seemed suddenly panicked, as a black aura appeared around him.
"I never told you to yield" the voice said within everyone nearby's head, at the same time. the voice seemed to have no true sound, or characteristic anyone hearing it could identify, but any who heard it would not be mistaken about it's origin
"no, you can still fight. You can still win. do so." the voice said, as Argus's form grew in size, horn's appearing out of his skeletal shoulders, and his skull's canines increasing in size, before his spear changed into a deadly halberd, befitting his new size. to anyone who could sense energy, too, Argus would feel much stronger, though it would also feel very different from Argus's usual energy, darker and nastier.

Sona seemed noticably agitated by this fact. "Damnit, that bastard... Don't use people's bodies for your plaything! He yelled, only just barely restraining himself from attempting to destroy the tower with his own abilities. "damnit... I'll make whoever that is controlling Argus pay..."

Arina drew her sword, the blade immediately igniting into crimson flame. She strode up to Argus and stood a few paces back from him. With the sword raised to him as a challenge for the entity controlling Argus to fight her itself. "You cheated." She said coldly.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:46 pm

"No. Stand back." Aaron told her, not in an unkind tone, but a firm one nonetheless. "be that as it may, he's still making the rules. If I don't beat him myself, we don't get our side of the bargain." Aaron told her. "besides, he's still my opponent, after all." He told her, a slight grin on his face. "I want to see how powerful this form is."
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:48 pm

agentaaa wrote:"No. Stand back." Aaron told her, not in an unkind tone, but a firm one nonetheless. "be that as it may, he's still making the rules. If I don't beat him myself, we don't get our side of the bargain." Aaron told her. "besides, he's still my opponent, after all." He told her, a slight grin on his face. "I want to see how powerful this form is."

She turned her head slightly to Aaron, the helmet hid her expression, but it would be pretty obvious she was not happy. She hesitantly backed off, but kept her sword drawn and ignited.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:26 pm

"Sorry about that. There won't be any more interruptions." Aaron told the skeletal being.
"then die." Argus's former body said, in a very different, baritone voice.
The creature immediately charged, striking out at Aaron with it's halberd and breaking a large chunk of the ground with the impact of it's halberd when it struck his position, Aaron only barely jumping out of the way. Dodging the next strike with a sideways roll, Aaron charged, hoping to take advantage of the relative weapon lengths, only for a punch to knock him right away from the possessed Argus. Standing up, it was obvious he was bleeding, the wound in his side opened up more by the attack, and he was breathing heavily. "Haaaah!" Aaron yelled, charging again, he jumped over the possessed Argus's next strike, staying in the air using his air walk, before continuing to charge, striking at the skeletal being's face, only for the creature to stop it with some armor around it's hands, using one arm to block and knock him away. Aaron actually slid on the air, keeping himself aloft, but knocked quite a ways away despite, before muttering a quiet cuss. standing soon after, he soon had to dodge as hundreds of chains came out of the ground, attempting to impale him with sharp, pointed tips on the end.
"You'll serve as my new gatekeeper. this one failed."
"Sorry, but I don't think so. Your pay is terrible, and your benefits are nonexistent." Aaron says, narrowly dodging the barrage, though he gets a cut on the shoulder for his trouble, and the chest. "bakudo 9: Geki." Aaron quickly utters, drawing a symbol in the air. a red ball of light speeds towards Aaron's opponent, who initially attempts to block it, only to find himself unable to move, glowing in a paralyzing red light, before finding a knife embedded in his chest, a combat knife.
"That's odd. A knife like that shouldn't have been able to pierce armor like the big guy has... maybe he put reishi into it. That'd make sense." Sona notes, watching intently. "Just take him out, Aaron... what are you doing?" Sona stated, seeming to be waiting, frustrated, for something.
Aaron immediately charged forward, Slicing at the pseudo-Argus, only to hit nothing, as the creature breaks out of the binding spell at the last moment.
holding up it's finger-tips, the creature fires several chains, not at Aaron, but into the floor. Immediately coming up, the chains fire out in much greater number, but much smaller than the previous ones, catching Aaron in many places, as he attempts to fend them off with his blade.
"You've ran out of energy. You're finished."
Aaron shrugged. "sigh... I didn't think you'd be this tough. I guess there's nothing to it then..." Aaron said, holding his blade forward. Energy suddenly seemed to coalesce around Aaron as he did so, wrapping around him. "bring order - balance of light and darkness!" Aaron said, grinning, as the energies around him, a mix of white, black and grey, temporarily shielded him from view by those around. when all the energy had dispersed, Aaron was holding, not a large nodachi, but a pair of katana, one white and one black, both seeming almost to glow. Aaron's wounds themselves seemed to bleed less, and any signs of exhaustion before had left him. "Hey, if you get to take new forms, so do I." Aaron told the being possessing Argus.
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:31 pm

agentaaa wrote:"Sorry about that. There won't be any more interruptions." Aaron told the skeletal being.
"then die." Argus's former body said, in a very different, baritone voice.
The creature immediately charged, striking out at Aaron with it's halberd and breaking a large chunk of the ground with the impact of it's halberd when it struck his position, Aaron only barely jumping out of the way. Dodging the next strike with a sideways roll, Aaron charged, hoping to take advantage of the relative weapon lengths, only for a punch to knock him right away from the possessed Argus. Standing up, it was obvious he was bleeding, the wound in his side opened up more by the attack, and he was breathing heavily. "Haaaah!" Aaron yelled, charging again, he jumped over the possessed Argus's next strike, staying in the air using his air walk, before continuing to charge, striking at the skeletal being's face, only for the creature to stop it with some armor around it's hands, using one arm to block and knock him away. Aaron actually slid on the air, keeping himself aloft, but knocked quite a ways away despite, before muttering a quiet cuss. standing soon after, he soon had to dodge as hundreds of chains came out of the ground, attempting to impale him with sharp, pointed tips on the end.
"You'll serve as my new gatekeeper. this one failed."
"Sorry, but I don't think so. Your pay is terrible, and your benefits are nonexistent." Aaron says, narrowly dodging the barrage, though he gets a cut on the shoulder for his trouble, and the chest. "bakudo 9: Geki." Aaron quickly utters, drawing a symbol in the air. a red ball of light speeds towards Aaron's opponent, who initially attempts to block it, only to find himself unable to move, glowing in a paralyzing red light, before finding a knife embedded in his chest, a combat knife.
"That's odd. A knife like that shouldn't have been able to pierce armor like the big guy has... maybe he put reishi into it. That'd make sense." Sona notes, watching intently. "Just take him out, Aaron... what are you doing?" Sona stated, seeming to be waiting, frustrated, for something.
Aaron immediately charged forward, Slicing at the pseudo-Argus, only to hit nothing, as the creature breaks out of the binding spell at the last moment.
holding up it's finger-tips, the creature fires several chains, not at Aaron, but into the floor. Immediately coming up, the chains fire out in much greater number, but much smaller than the previous ones, catching Aaron in many places, as he attempts to fend them off with his blade.
"You've ran out of energy. You're finished."
Aaron shrugged. "sigh... I didn't think you'd be this tough. I guess there's nothing to it then..." Aaron said, holding his blade forward. Energy suddenly seemed to coalesce around Aaron as he did so, wrapping around him. "bring order - balance of light and darkness!" Aaron said, grinning, as the energies around him, a mix of white, black and grey, temporarily shielded him from view by those around. when all the energy had dispersed, Aaron was holding, not a large nodachi, but a pair of katana, one white and one black, both seeming almost to glow. Aaron's wounds themselves seemed to bleed less, and any signs of exhaustion before had left him. "Hey, if you get to take new forms, so do I." Aaron told the being possessing Argus.

Arina shook her head in disapproval. She was not happy with how the fight was going thus far.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:48 pm

Dashing forward, Aaron dodged effortlessly as numerous more chains shot out of the ground to stop him. He handspringed over the halberd that then came swooping to cut off his midsection, before landing in front of the possessed argus, the being only stopping it's body from further damage by dodging by a hair at the last second, before being immediately pressed further by Aaron. As it continued to jump back, Aaron uttered Bakudo number four: Hainawa" Again, using the rope to catch the being - not enough to stop it from moving, but enough to temporarily halt it's movement as Aaron charged forward, slashing at it's knees with his own blades. leaving two thick cuts, before jumping forward, attempting to slash the pseudo-Argus. the being did not jump back in time, before the slash cut it's chest.
"Damn it!"
"Your transformation of Argus's body certainly increased it's power and strength, but it doesn't look like it really affected his speed at all. Power alone is useless against me." Aaron said, rather calmly.
the being jumped far away from aaron's position, seemingly glaring, before a glowing black energy ball appeared in it's finger-tips, shooting off into a thin black beam at Aaron.
"That's not going to work!" Aaron yelled, slashing through the beam as it neared him with his twin blades, and negating it. Dashing forward quickly this time, he met the pseudo-argus's halberd strike with his own blades in a block, eventually forcing it to the side after a few seconds of strain. Jumping up, Aaron jumped forward, ignoring the chain that got caught in his leg. "Crescent moon slash." Aaron said finally, as he slashed in a twin strike with both of his blades, each giving a horizontal slice in different directions, with a trail of reishi appearing by them. To an onlooker, it seemed like the reishi really did form into a white and black shape similar to that of a crescent moon itself. "It's over..." Aaron said finally, dropping down as the chains in his leg dematerialized. Argus, too, dropped, his body undergoing a reversion to it's old self, as a large black blob of energy seperated from it. "Argus... Is that you?" Aaron asked, looking down at him. It seemed he was breathing heavily, but alive, if stunned.
"such strength... yes, it is me..."
"I told'ja he'd win. Bloody moron though... he's all cut up." Sona commented, smiling despite his comment, and going to meet his friend. It was obvious he was just happy to see he was alive.
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:52 pm

agentaaa wrote:Dashing forward, Aaron dodged effortlessly as numerous more chains shot out of the ground to stop him. He handspringed over the halberd that then came swooping to cut off his midsection, before landing in front of the possessed argus, the being only stopping it's body from further damage by dodging by a hair at the last second, before being immediately pressed further by Aaron. As it continued to jump back, Aaron uttered Bakudo number four: Hainawa" Again, using the rope to catch the being - not enough to stop it from moving, but enough to temporarily halt it's movement as Aaron charged forward, slashing at it's knees with his own blades. leaving two thick cuts, before jumping forward, attempting to slash the pseudo-Argus. the being did not jump back in time, before the slash cut it's chest.
"Damn it!"
"Your transformation of Argus's body certainly increased it's power and strength, but it doesn't look like it really affected his speed at all. Power alone is useless against me." Aaron said, rather calmly.
the being jumped far away from aaron's position, seemingly glaring, before a glowing black energy ball appeared in it's finger-tips, shooting off into a thin black beam at Aaron.
"That's not going to work!" Aaron yelled, slashing through the beam as it neared him with his twin blades, and negating it. Dashing forward quickly this time, he met the pseudo-argus's halberd strike with his own blades in a block, eventually forcing it to the side after a few seconds of strain. Jumping up, Aaron jumped forward, ignoring the chain that got caught in his leg. "Crescent moon slash." Aaron said finally, as he slashed in a twin strike with both of his blades, each giving a horizontal slice in different directions, with a trail of reishi appearing by them. To an onlooker, it seemed like the reishi really did form into a white and black shape similar to that of a crescent moon itself. "It's over..." Aaron said finally, dropping down as the chains in his leg dematerialized. Argus, too, dropped, his body undergoing a reversion to it's old self, as a large black blob of energy seperated from it. "Argus... Is that you?" Aaron asked, looking down at him. It seemed he was breathing heavily, but alive, if stunned.
"such strength... yes, it is me..."
"I told'ja he'd win. Bloody moron though... he's all cut up." Sona commented, smiling despite his comment, and going to meet his friend. It was obvious he was just happy to see he was alive.

Arina still stood there gripping her sword tightly, the flames still burning hotly. She averted her gaze from Aaron and Argus and looked up at the tower. She looked up and down its walls and took in all of its fortifications, before looking back at the two on the ground.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next